test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Salvage All option

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
At least twice a week my guild & I run hunts in Barovia to gear up lower level players, my bags get filled with salvage, and I would love to see a 'salvage all' option like with 'convert all' or 'identify all'. we already can protect things we don't want to scrap, make it easier on us please.

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    That's a disaster waiting to happen. Imagine salvaging yer leg main hand with a pair of R14s and Unp. Feytouched. Fun eh?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    That definitely is a very bad idea. If you have VIP, you won't have this issue at all because you would just salvage on the spot or putting them to the shared bank (so that you can use alt's AD bonus) instead of keeping a lot in the bag.

One should always only salvage up to there is enough AD bonus to cover it especially when you have alt characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I suggested before that the salvager anvil should have a UI like the refining window but with only drag and drop capability. It shouldn't have the ability to grab things from your bags, protection is great but shouldn't be the only safeguard. This would be a more efficient way to salvage and could include a running total showing how much is currently in the window and how much bonus would be used when you hit the button.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I suggested before that the salvager anvil should have a UI like the refining window but with only drag and drop capability. It shouldn't have the ability to grab things from your bags, protection is great but shouldn't be the only safeguard. This would be a more efficient way to salvage and could include a running total showing how much is currently in the window and how much bonus would be used when you hit the button.

I like this idea and I'd love it to be similar UI to the Refinement UI. You can always mark items you don't want to lose as protected. So I'm all for the mass salvage cause It gets irritating having to manually salvage each item.
  • trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Those who wouldn't like to use the "salvage all" option don't have to though that doesn't mean things like this shouldn't be made available to those that would.

Protect items that are not to be included then double/triple check to be sure. Could even have each unprotected item that is auto-populated in the window have to be manually highlighted/selected before the mass salvaging can be occur.

For example each item in the window is "grayed out" until they are moused over/selected with a directional key/pad press and afterwards they would show in full color indicating that they are confirmed to be included in the mass salvage by the player if they are not removed. Kind of like how you can go through the items in the window and remove what you don't want to be included, cycling through would simply "activate" the item(s) so that they can be mass salvaged).
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    While I wouldn't use this, I can see its utility for those that would. If it used an interface similar to what we're already using for converting things to refinement points, then I can't really see all that much going wrong with this. As for accidentally salvaging some legendary main-hand weapon, that's really not a concern. Artifacts can't be salvaged and so you could never accidentally salvage your legendary main-hand weapon (or any other artifact or artifact gear). Furthermore, these things are already excluded from automatically converting to refinement points. So when it comes to automatically salvaging legendary rings, I would expect those to be excluded from that process, too.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Better if they add feature pop salvage window when you discard item (like it works with green items).
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

Better if they add feature pop salvage window when you discard item (like it works with green items).

That would work, too. I didn't even realize you could do that until now.
    edited September 2018

That may work but that will be confusing.
    If you have the anvil, you can salvage. If you don't have an anvil, it will discard.
    If you don't pay attention, ....
    If you don't stand properly within the anvil, ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

If you have the anvil, you can salvage. If you don't have an anvil, it will discard.
    Then popup discard window (enter item title warn).
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

So I tried this last night. It's a neat feature, but it's basically useless. Why would you want to do this when you can convert all with a click? I can see it being useful for artifacts and artifact gear that you won't get much money for on the AH, but generally? "Convert all" is better. I think a "Salvage all" would be far better, and it would be far simpler to implement, too.

So I tried this last night. It's a neat feature, but it's basically useless. Why would you want to do this when you can convert all with a click? I can see it being useful for artifacts and artifact gear that you won't get much money for on the AH, but generally? "Convert all" is better. I think a "Salvage all" would be far better, and it would be far simpler to implement, too.
    Better if they add both features to the game.

Mass Salvage, OK; but not when you forgot to protect high-quality items.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

Then popup discard window (enter item title warn).
    When it is salvage, it will have a pop up warning dialog box. It better not salvage without a warning.
    When it is discarded, it will also have a pop up warning dialog box.
    You know what will happen ....