test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

September 2018 Maintenance Schedule

15678911»

Comments

• weaver65#3923 weaver65 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    hummm seems like they don't want me to say I just want to play please if I cap lock lol
  • nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    I'm just happy they didn't do this Monday when the Weekly Haul resets.
  • gatchigirl#9912 gatchigirl Member Posts: 6 New User
    But I'll bet most of the players are from the US and it would be less of a headache to do this at night for everyone. Unless of course, I'm wrong, and for that then I guess there is no answer. I really just want to play and waiting till at least 5pm to play is wrong. I won't get in anytime again today.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2018

this is bull HAMSTER , 2 days now in a row. it is midnight here in ZA when you online agian. you should refund me vip !!! not fair at all

64 Zen should make that up.

BTW, life's not fair.
    Now the game will at least load the opening but I still can't get to the login and my characters. Sorry, I stepped away for a year and just came back this week and played a grand total of maybe 6 hours this week and that was all on Sunday.
  • velloasvelloas Member Posts: 2 Arc User

devilxjk said:

we have a problem, there's no comunication.
    so many maintanance, and ... no patch note ... no answer ...

To repeat. No patches are being done. They're moving servers and it takes time.
    Maybe insert it in the first post so less ppl come complaining. At the same time congrats on your patience on repeating the same answer again and again
    OP updated. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Hey thanks for that info. I'm an old player who's just come back after a few years and I was a little confused about what was going on. I do know that in Googling if the game was still going strong I saw plenty of posts about ping times and lag, so if this downtime is the team trying to mitigate some of those issues that's great. I was a bit astonished to see a 400+ ms ping last night and I didn't know if that was normal since Reddit seems to harp on the ping. But really if you guys are doing a full server migration that's a pretty healthy thing and shows the company still cares about the product.
  • sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Not complaining here. I got my closets and dressers cleaned out and 4 bags of clothing for Goodwill out of the downtime :)
  • ocean#1570 ocean Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2018
    Where can I see some plan of maitenance for a week ?
  • sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User

Where can I see some plan of maitenance for a week ?

The first post in this thread.

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

Why don't you guys do this during the overnight when it won't be so impactful? I mean, come on, this is two days in a row this has happened. Is there really this big an issue that you have to keep taking down the game or just poor management?

Well I can help with that one: People usually don't work at night. And as a bonus, night for you means day for others. Be grateful, us Europeans just had 2 nights killed by this operation of moving servers. And the beginning of the night is the peak that, so it does impact more.
    > @agilesto said:
    > Why don't you guys do this during the overnight when it won't be so impactful? I mean, come on, this is two days in a row this has happened. Is there really this big an issue that you have to keep taking down the game or just poor management?
    >
    > Well I can help with that one: People usually don't work at night. And as a bonus, night for you means day for others. Be grateful, us Europeans just had 2 nights killed by this operation of moving servers. And the beginning of the night is the peak that, so it does impact more.

I have no way to play for the last two days either. I have no way to play at night until at least 4 am. So really, not just you guys losing 2 days a lot of us are. But I still stand by my comment that it should be done at night their local time not during the middle of the day and shutting it all down. Couldn't they keep a backup running while they worked on this? That would make the most sense and people could keep playing.
  • hulk#3655 hulk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    why i am patching 12 GB ? i need a answer of this ..or its only me patching this 12GB lol
  • wampemwampem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Why all the bitching???, it's a game, it's a company doing business, to continue to do business they need to fix a few things. Standing up new servers is not a couple minute project. It takes many hours to do it right. You don't want them to do it half <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and then the servers go down tomorrow. Patience my young patawan
    Let me just say. I had been away from the game since April of last year when my mom became very sick. Then in December of last year she was diagnosed with cancer. We lost her this past March and I am finally getting back into things I like and this is one of them and its very disappointing to be gone for so long and come back on Sunday and only get to play for two days and then can't. So I am finally doing what I like or love again and this happens. This was one of the only games I really like playing, aside from actually playing D&D but I have no one to play with around here so computer games is all I have.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i am playing Total War: Gold edition to pass time and take trash out. there always something to do. why so singular focus on NWO? let them upgrade so we can play better and almost lag free, no reason to complain.
  • ressurrectedsinressurrectedsin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    And it's back up on my end. And AHEAD of schedule :D Thank you!
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    My only real issue inst even related to the downtime to be honest but it is horribly troublesome for me as I was wanting to get some levels and get a dungeon run, I still have time for that thou so I am at no real loss. my only big stick up the butt was loseing my Mount (that was not an issue because when i looked into it I still had account credits for it.) and my WarDog (my inquiry as to that is still ongoing) my other problems stem more form things like the forums Spellcheck not working and other minor issues that can be addressed at some other time... thinking about it all my issues can be addressed at a later time but I still bummed about the no game play thing as I am sure other people are. The events are limited but they are anual and maybe we will get better prizes next year who knows.

As for things I would like seeing changed improvments to the conectivity and other such problems it use to have with its servers. If this move solves them thats a bonus for me, if they adrress a few bugs I have no quarms with a slightly longer wait time and I even mentioned if it makes things easer an account refresh would not hurt me at all given my current pridiment. it would solve the only known problem I have and its not like I am unable to buy more Zen or havent gotten my first payment out of it form the first batch I have to be honest.

I suppose its best discribed as me looking at this form the prespective of someone who still sees potentual for growth in this game i understand the server move may be a nessary evil we just have to accept how offten is this game seriously going to have a HUGE server move like this? thou I'm inclined to agree with most people it may have been better for them to go ahead and have a sceduled 48hr+ downtime as opposed tp multiple 9hr downtimes over the week and they could have easly compensated their VIP players.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

Let me just say. I had been away from the game since April of last year when my mom became very sick. Then in December of last year she was diagnosed with cancer. We lost her this past March and I am finally getting back into things I like and this is one of them and its very disappointing to be gone for so long and come back on Sunday and only get to play for two days and then can't. So I am finally doing what I like or love again and this happens. This was one of the only games I really like playing, aside from actually playing D&D but I have no one to play with around here so computer games is all I have.

First, sorry for you loss. I just lost my mom last month. I hope you have friends and family to help though this time.

As to the game issue, this is not the norm. As has been mentioned, they are upgrading servers and migrating data to help improve the game. Hopefully the wait will be worth it and I will improve the overall gaming experience.
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User

First, sorry for you loss. I just lost my mom last month. I hope you have friends and family to help though this time.

As to the game issue, this is not the norm. As has been mentioned, they are upgrading servers and migrating data to help improve the game. Hopefully the wait will be worth it and I will improve the overall gaming experience.
    It is telling me the server status is back up and I agree I hope this will be worth the wait the game has already shows signs of improved optmization for me and since I stuck with a bad comp for a while thats a bonus that I can still play a game I love without having to break my bank because of grafics loads.
    > @"omegarealities#7219" said:
    > Let me just say. I had been away from the game since April of last year when my mom became very sick. Then in December of last year she was diagnosed with cancer. We lost her this past March and I am finally getting back into things I like and this is one of them and its very disappointing to be gone for so long and come back on Sunday and only get to play for two days and then can't. So I am finally doing what I like or love again and this happens. This was one of the only games I really like playing, aside from actually playing D&D but I have no one to play with around here so computer games is all I have.
    >
    > First, sorry for you loss. I just lost my mom last month. I hope you have friends and family to help though this time.
    >
    > As to the game issue, this is not the norm. As has been mentioned, they are upgrading servers and migrating data to help improve the game. Hopefully the wait will be worth it and I will improve the overall gaming experience.

Thank you and yes luckily. I just had a lot of bad this year and been really wanting to get back into this and then my momentum stopped because of this. Its just frustrating not playing for so long and then the whole thing was down. I tried a little bit ago and was on. Hopefully this is the last time for this.
  • crystalcritter#0591 crystalcritter Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    A lot of complaints here, that's for sure. Well, since the downtimes have been described by Arc as "maintenance," how about telling your gaming community what that maintenance is supposed to be fixing? Like other game designers, you know, for games like Guild Wars 2, and ALLL the Blizzard games? Near as I can tell, there hasn't been any meaningful changes to the issues plaguing Neverwinter since I first started playing about 3 months ago. I may be a newbie to Neverwinter, but not to online gaming. Other communities see regular SCHEDULED maintenance, regular SCHEDULED patch days, and lots of communication so that their game players (aka CUSTOMERS) actually understand why their favourite game is down for the hour or day. Some, even let you know in advance that there will be realm restarts. On the rare occasion that there is an emergency maintenance required, they let their customers know about it and why. How about that? Novel idea eh? Please guys, there has been a lot of hype around what is new, what is changing, what is beautiful, but nothing at all about actually fixing systemic problems like crashing, disconnections, glitches, bugs, etc. THIS stuff is what will make your customers happy. Doing it AND actually telling us about it. Cheers.
  • weaver65#3923 weaver65 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I JUST WANT TO PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASE
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User

devilxjk said:

we have a problem, there's no comunication.
    so many maintanance, and ... no patch note ... no answer ...

To repeat. No patches are being done. They're moving servers and it takes time.
    oh nice, and where? and morevover why?