test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free retraining token failed

silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I decided to use the free retraining token that was given "This one's on us" but it failed to allow me to retrain and the token was consumed.

I appreciate it was free, would have been nice if it worked. I was in the stronghold and my companion was "in combat" against the target dummy although my toon was not flagged as in combat; this could have been the reason that the retrain failed.
Tagged:

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited September 2018

I decided to use the free retraining token that was given "This one's on us" but it failed to allow me to retrain and the token was consumed.

I appreciate it was free, would have been nice if it worked. I was in the stronghold and my companion was "in combat" against the target dummy although my toon was not flagged as in combat; this could have been the reason that the retrain failed.

I don't think what you are given is a retraining token. It is sort of like a wrapper that holds the token so they can stack. Once you open the wrapper (I believe this is what you did), the actual retraining token should be visible from your powers menu on the character that opened the wrapper. It should say free retraining in the bottom left corner.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Nope, I tested that supposition before posting the bug. I loaded into a separate toon, went into combat against the target dummy, moved away from the dummy until the companion had disengaged; used the free retraining token and this resulted in a full respec of the character.
    The bug for retraining that I posted still exists and was not a user awareness issue.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Nope, I tested that supposition before posting the bug. I loaded into a separate toon, went into combat against the target dummy, moved away from the dummy until the companion had disengaged; used the free retraining token and this resulted in a full respec of the character.
    The bug for retraining that I posted still exists and was not a user awareness issue.

I'm very confused. If it resulted in a full respec, why do you think it failed? That is what a retraining token is supposed to do.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @zephyriah said:
    > Nope, I tested that supposition before posting the bug. I loaded into a separate toon, went into combat against the target dummy, moved away from the dummy until the companion had disengaged; used the free retraining token and this resulted in a full respec of the character.
    > The bug for retraining that I posted still exists and was not a user awareness issue.
    >
    > I'm very confused. If it resulted in a full respec, why do you think it failed? That is what a retraining token is supposed to do.

He said it worked on a separate toon, but not the original one that lost the token