test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

auction house bug

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
if you search for something specifically. and then try and buy it out after you've bought about four things it cuts you off for half a minute? is this as intended? it's a pia? I've never had it happen before

Comments

• omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    For some reason it is re-searching after each buy. It use to do it only after too many searched too quickly, but not buys.
    Quickly getting annoying.

Buy 4 items...wait 20 seconds
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    realllllllly annoying.

@nitocris83 just want to make sure this one is acknowledged lol
  • coachella#3869 coachella Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Since the release of MOD 14 on XBOX ONE, the auction house does not work as intended. Every time you purchase something, it prompts a "search" which ends up making the game think you're searching the item again every single time you purchase something in the same list. This makes it unbearably long to purchase items in a row, especially when you have to purchase a lot of items that people sometimes put in sets of 1 at a time. If you have items posted in the auction house and want to remove them from the auction house, it will also prompt a "supposed" search and make it impossible to take the items off quickly in succession without waiting for time to pass on the "search cooldown" even though nothing was actually searched.

Long story short, the auction house is no longer working as intended. I thought the maintenance that was scheduled for today was to fix this, but it was not. I have spoken to many people and every single person I have spoken to is irate about this.

Please get on this one immediately, as it is a huge issue for the community as a whole. It also results in the opposite of what was intended by limiting the AD to 100,000 rough ad per account per day, since people won't be able to spend it as easily and lose 10% cut. Due to this, less AD will be removed from the game, which is in complete opposition to the reasoning set forth by the developers as to why the change was made to the AD in the first place. So, this is actually quite important that the auction house works the way it always has and was intended to work. Please forward this information directly to the developers as URGENT.

Thank you very much for your time!
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Quickly getting annoying.

Buy 4 items? You must have some good luck. This morning it was:
    Buy 1 item....wait 8 seconds

Fun times. Time-gated auction house purchases.
    This morning I got on and first thing I had was a 5 second wait. Guess they counted the search from the night before.
    edited September 2018
    k new feature here. I can't search anything in the auction house. it says searching when I enter and that's all it does. searching searching searching with no results at all. best i can tell it's not accepting any query perimeters either. Ie 100 percent busted. so far i've tried on 3 characters.

@nitocris83
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

k new feature here. I can't search anything in the auction house. it says searching when I enter and that's all it does. searching searching searching with no results at all. best i can tell it's not accepting any query perimeters either. Ie 100 percent busted. so far i've tried on 3 characters.

@nitocris83

I believe it's due to a hug of death type issue.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited September 2018
    kreatyve said:

@nitocris83

I finally got it working again but shutting off my machine for about 10 minutes as recommended to me by someone else who had that problem.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

@nitocris83

I can get behind the hugging it to death fix!

kreatyve said:

@nitocris83

I finally got it working again but shutting off my machine for about 10 minutes as recommended to me by someone else who had that problem.

Try switching tabs. That seems to stop the "searching..." for me.

kreatyve said:

@nitocris83

Try switching tabs. That seems to stop the "searching..." for me.
    I tried everything yesterday. nothing worked except logging out and off my console for five minutes. whether it would have resolved on it's own had I waited or not I don't know.. but I tried everything.