test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Mount for DC

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited August 2018 in The Temple
Okay so I am just about ready to purchase my first legendary mount for my DC. I can only afford one, so it has to be one that has both a decent +4000 bonus and a decent mount combat power. I can't afford two.

I cannot decide between the Black Ice Warhorse, Coastal Flail Snail, or Warpainted Tyrannosaur.

My DC right now is 17k without a legendary mount, and has around 60k power and around 12-13k recovery.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Warpainted Tyrannosaur.

Best combat power, decent active for power-share builds.

The 15% Quick Action mount is an acceptable enough substitute for DO play.

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I don't think it makes a dramatic difference, each have their upsides and downsides. Per your own point the ideal solution would be to mix and match (no accident there lol). The biggest benefit you'll get it the mount speed hah.

Snail probably has the most interesting / versatile passive, but the combat power is absolute junk (and since it knocks back, it's annoying in some cases).

Warhorse has the most uniquely support-oriented passive (since only DC/OP share power), and the combat power is slightly better than snail.

Painted dino has a passable but sub-par passive, but the best combat power. However, 10% debuff with not amazing uptime will not make or break a team. The combat power here is BiS support, but is just the frosting on what a DC usually provides in terms of party utility. Of the 3 you listed, I'd say this one is the least suited for your situation, since you'd be taking it primarily for the combat power (which has lower uptime).

Armored Griffon is also an option with some utility builds, but I'm not sure I would take it over the above choices.

I use snail personally. Sometimes I kind of wish I had gone with warhorse now that recovery is so easy to stack, but that AP trickle is very reliable and works for both AC and DO loadouts.

Edit: I like how my assessment of facts was similar but conclusion opposite Anri's :)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I use Arcane Whirlwind (4k power) Combat power is set to Flying Carpet, but that isn't a grest choice, just better than Whirlwind knock.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Snail is my go-to for any class with powerful dailies. While it benefits DO less in a party, it's fantastic for allowing DO mains to fill in as AC at lower item levels and also shines when running AC DC as solo DC in a party to help with double-daily uptime.

In a perfect world you'd use the T-Rex just for the mount combat power, but I don't think anyone would ever actually notice the lack of it. The extra 4k from the legendary Power mounts is nice, but statistically I doubt it's adding much damage to the party when everyone is already hitting 200k+ without it being factored in to the DC's power share.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Why is everyone assuming I play a DO?
    Most of the time I play an AC in dungeons.
    Is 60k base power not enough? Sheesh.
    Anyway I would like a legendary mount option to complement my AC DC. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    so many options and obviously not one will check all your boxes. I love the griffin because it provides way more benefit than a 4k recovery mount would in terms of cooldown reductions. Not sure about that combat power, i guess from a dc perspective a 30% debuff on targets damage is in line with the role but not really necessary in pve content.

At least on the trex the equip power is half useful.

Another way you could look at it is you can buy an epic mount for your equip power which is 50% as useful. And focus on a combat power.. but then again the trex equip power can give you a 50% useful stat anyhow.

anyone using Golden Lion? sounds kind of dc like. Passive heal from equip power and a damage buff from combat power?

In the old days you could combine a Legacy Flail Snail with a legendary mount for the attack power but it seems legacy snails are ridiculously overpriced now.

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

Why is everyone assuming I play a DO?
    Most of the time I play an AC in dungeons.
    Is 60k base power not enough? Sheesh.
    Anyway I would like a legendary mount option to complement my AC DC. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

I don't think anyone misunderstood you? Not sure where the attitude is coming from. Sheesh.

(A main AC once they reach the high end is expected to be able to have a DO loadout, so it's not crazy to consider how your choice impacts DO performance... or what choices you would make as a substitute on your DO loadout)

But focusing on a high end AC only, your you end up with choosing for 1 of three things:
    1. Best base power (4k power bonus)
    2. Best combat power (currently dino)
    3. Double daily spam (snail or gryphon)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Warpainted Tyrannosaur.

Best combat power, decent active for power-share builds.

The 15% Quick Action mount is an acceptable enough substitute for DO play.

looking back on my decision for a legendary mount for my DC I wish I would have taken the T-Rex (painted or not) as it does still provide 2K power and has a good debuff. I went with the Black Ice Warhorse and now I wish I would have gotten the TRex instead.

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I went with the Black Ice Warhorse, for the 4k power. I'm debating adding a Swarm for the combat power, as it's better than the T-Rex.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    trex is better if your wanting to maximize your parties damage 10% debuff vs 5% debuff