test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated

Comments

• midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User

I highly doubt this is a new module... They have themselves said this is a content update, meaning this is not a module.

already confirmed multiple times it's mod 15
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    This mod has potential because we don't know what they are delivering to us for mod 15. Once mod 15 is added to test than we can truly express our opinions on its success or failure.

The thing is though the best content IMO for this game is Chult and Omu. Both had zones required farming to get the T3 lore and than at least in Chult you may or may not get the gear you wanted making the hunt even more of a grind. With Omu you always got all the gear pieces except the weapons were random. That made farming Omu a bit easier and the hunts spawns were not as bad.

Ravenloft hunt system is better but when running with a group if all players go in with 5 T1 maps you can spend a few hours running the hunts from T2 and T3 hunt drops. Making it easier to acquire the gear, even though the drop rate on that gear is bad.

Prior to Chult I did not mind Cloak content as it was easily accomplished without to much fuss. SKT and SoMI were very annoying pieces of content and still are to this day. It is why I only completed them on one character and purchased it for the rest of my characters. Those zones are evil I tell you, very evil indeed!

I am hopeful that this mod brings some older dungeons back to end game, add new gear for us to farm in prior dungeons (like the Life Silk Spinneret in eToS) and maybe continue to fix the broken Zen exchange and work on balancing out AH pricing of items through improved professions, etc...

We will have to wait and see...
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User

Need a Luskan module and Auroch desert module and then go to Olympus Mons on Mars and enter the mountain where you push this four fingered actuator which melts a hidden glacier inside and releases oxygen into the atmosphere and the mutants can breath now and not have to buy air from Cohaggen anymore.

Time to come to the 21st century. That arnold movie has already been remade. Though accessing luskan and auroch deserts in dungeons and modules would be good. A nice Dark elf story line in luskan is just the ticket.

• draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I saw somewhere that the Professions overhaul well include a new shop in Protectors Enclave that each player well have that they can go into to interact with their professions. Sounds like there will be new NPCs for professions which sounds cool. I just hope for the love of God they don't force us to go to Protectors Enclave to reset our Professions. Protectors Enclave has the worst loading time I avoid it like the plague.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User

I highly doubt this is a new module... They have themselves said this is a content update, meaning this is not a module.

You serious?

Greetings Adventurers!

Today we announced the upcoming new module release: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated! Over the next couple months we will be releasing Developer blogs and Dev forum posts with detailed info!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10991183

Literally in the second line of text...
    I just refuse to believe it... it seems so... disappointing. </3
  • draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Any announcement as to when it will hit the preview server?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Considering past releases, I'd say there is a chance it will be tomorrow (Friday, the 14th) at the end of the workday, but a week later (the 21st) is just as likely. There is also a small chance it might be on the 28th, but really unlikely it will be later than that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Considering past releases, I'd say there is a chance it will be tomorrow (Friday, the 14th) at the end of the workday, but a week later (the 21st) is just as likely. There is also a small chance it might be on the 28th, but really unlikely it will be later than that.

Lol. You've basically just said it could be any Friday in September.
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    vortican said:

Hmmm... "professions system overhaul" sounds like it might interfere in my pants-making empire.

I'm suspicious of anything that may impact my ability to generate riches from crafting many, many pairs of pants.

I support this concern for no other reason than that knowing that such a thing exists just made the game more fun for me.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    your comment on the older weapon set is exactly what i've been saying.. They need to be upgraded to current mod stats so that we can have more variety in our weaponry.
    edited September 2018
    its in the preview section. Op getting a 14% damage increase overall.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    I'm a bit disapointed by this new mod.
    A lvl 15 campain in a game where every thing is done to accelerate the leveling and to me lvl 70 the more quickly as possible.

The design is funny, quests too and rewards are not too bads.

In my opinion, it's time to stop the speed runing to lvl70 and to give more time to the players to appreciate the leveling content. Content who's very nice.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    brewald said:

I'm a bit disapointed by this new mod.
    A lvl 15 campain in a game where every thing is done to accelerate the leveling and to me lvl 70 the more quickly as possible.

The design is funny, quests too and rewards are not too bads.

In my opinion, it's time to stop the speed runing to lvl70 and to give more time to the players to appreciate the leveling content. Content who's very nice.

Most MMO players like a little grind and speeding to lvl70 is BS anyway why are the staff hellbent on this Anti-Consumer nonsince in a game that you know, HAS TO PANDER to its consumers or fail? Neverwinter is still on a top ten list doing this "rush to 70" is going drop it like a rock form that list and after the 'PW Snap of doom' everyones just going to go to the rival or 'neverwinter colne' that looks best.

I love this game I really do it has a great immerive enviorenment why would you ruin the immersion to pander to a croud that hates games and just wants the endgame handed to them on a silver platter instead of working for it like other players?
  • superdutyzsuperdutyz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    First they limited ad to 100k. Annoying but livable.

Linking it so you cant use other characters to get to the 100k limit was pure stupid. So now you cant make that many ad's a day and it is a royal pain to get to that 100k a day.

Now they are going to remove salvage too? So we are supposed to run dungeons 50 times or more a day at 1100 ad a pop to get to the 100k now? Really? (Stupid limiting the first run bonus to one toon at least with that not there you could get there)

Now they are going after the research points from leadership with this professions rework. I tried it out on the test server and HATED it.

You will need massive amounts of gold to use the new profession system. Its going to bleed you dry if you use it. It cost gold to even send the guys out to gather stuff????

I have a feeling this might be the final straw for me. The last thing I had to do with the limited time I get to play now was the profession system and I wont have the time to farm gold to feed it to even use it.

I guess they want me to quit. I mean I cant even use my credit card to overcome the hurdles they keep throwing at me to play.

Somehow this has got to link back to "give us money for zen or else". Ok I surrender. Wallet is in hand. Add a freaking link in the zen market already for me to PAY for ad's in place of whatever warped idea is now required to get them in game. If Im going to pay for ad's in after being backed in the corner I want a direct link in the zen market not the wall street wannabe button.

Heck Id pay per month (which I already do with vip btw) just to put the game back like it was before all of these lame changes.

Sorry for the rant. Just ticked having it all taken away after investing real money for a few years and talking others into joining because of how the game was and swearing to them it wasn't going to get messed up like other games we were playing since this game didn't change all the time.

• kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I would rather the game stay free to play and the Devs stop being greedy and Anti Consumer about spesfic things case in point over $200 for an Expansion? that's is a little much by any since and the only thing the expansion does is race, class, and a mount. Now pay to win is one thing, paying to get to level cap is another, paying for expansions... ok but I am not going to drop $200 in a single game what makes them think I will drop it in fragments of one?
  • redmoonkarinredmoonkarin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    atleast your TR doesnt get Screwed they nerfing it down almost twice
  • morrison878morrison878 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So for the moment we have: Profession changes, revamp of classes. Ok if you are thinking in redo the game. I recomend if you touch the classes, do them better with more usable weapons, with more easy simple so you can do more classes. Cause that icon in class list saying that you will add more.... Is a bit mmm add more when? cause 6 campaigns pass from the las class. That is around 2 years?. If you will touch the things do it more useful for us and more efficient for you.