test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Today we announced the upcoming new module release: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated! Over the next couple months we will be releasing Developer blogs and Dev forum posts with detailed info!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10991183

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    > @qexotic said:
    > @nitocris83 any chance you could ask someone to check the news post and insert the link for the trailer for the new Mod ? Currently, all you can see is:
    >
    > [TRAILER]
    >
    > It's available on Twitter :)

Working on making arrangements remotely to update stuff :)

Pro tip: Don’t announce something big on the same day you have to travel and can’t access publishing tools!
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    i hope to heck that we're getting lvl80
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    So obviously no new class, otherwise you'd be advertising it like crazy.

I hope you'll at least fix Careful Attack, otherwise it's gonna be a total let-down for me.
  • Options
    pegasus782#5144 pegasus782 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Is this the whole mod or a sneak peak? Or is this a general overview?
  • Options
    malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I know it's still too early to really judge...but this is incredibly disappointing. It looks more like it should be an event, not really a full mod. Especially when mod 15 was supposed to be a "huge content" mod.
  • Options
    jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    > @malignantmind#3340 said:
    > I know it's still too early to really judge...but this is incredibly disappointing. It looks more like it should be an event, not really a full mod. Especially when mod 15 was supposed to be a "huge content" mod.

Well like you said it's too early to judge
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I haven't really followed much of the D&D con stuff so I'm guessing those that do have a better idea about what this will be about. Guess we will have to wait for preview to know what its all about. Judging from the trailer its going to be kind of like tyranny of dragons adding new areas to some of the places we already have on the map?...just a guess
  • Options

> @malignantmind#3340 said:

> I know it's still too early to really judge...but this is incredibly disappointing. It looks more like it should be an event, not really a full mod. Especially when mod 15 was supposed to be a "huge content" mod.

Well like you said it's too early to judge

The initial look at it is very disappointing... I'm hoping there's more to it once we get it on preview.
  • Options
    bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    It's more of a teaser than an announcement for me. I have absolutely no clue what the video was about.

It looks a bit like we can expect crazy and dark humour, which is to my likings.
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

I know it's still too early to really judge...but this is incredibly disappointing. It looks more like it should be an event, not really a full mod. Especially when mod 15 was supposed to be a "huge content" mod.

EXACTLY THIS
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Who said that mod 15 would be a "huge content" mod?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

From my understanding, it was the devs themselves in a meeting/interview thing with some streamers (and I'm sure some other people) a little while back.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    kreatyve said:

At some point Foss mentioned that they weren't doing to be going "B" modules anymore. It's easy to see how based on that folks would expect each module now to introduce more content than we'd expect from a "B" module.

But all of this is early speculation. We don't even know the extent of what they added. And based on the silly spoilers, they put at least some effort into teasing this out.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    What they call content and what we call content can be two different things...so it may be big from one standpoint but not in another. But I do remember that being said somewhere about it being a large content update.
  • Options
    pegasus782#5144 pegasus782 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    It does look fun, but sadly I don't follow any of the other things like Penny Arcade. Can someone enlighten me or give an idea of where to start? I'm interested to see where they're going to take this.

Also, the fez hatted beholders look hilarious. :)
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

> @qexotic said:

> @nitocris83 any chance you could ask someone to check the news post and insert the link for the trailer for the new Mod ? Currently, all you can see is:

>

> [TRAILER]

>

Pro tip: Don’t announce something big on the same day you have to travel and can’t access publishing tools!

WTF srsly 6 of novembre for this thing 1 skirmish ? are you guys really aware of the state of the game we had mod 14 for too long and it has 0 content barovia was boring the new castle ravenloft people aren't even playing or farming because it's not a dungeon but rather a monologue and once u get ur seals ur out of there
    the game is really thin on players right now and Module 15 is only way to save it so i don't get how a comedy parody should be a module with 1 skirmish that's not even end game
    people are getting bored of no content to play TONG FBI MSP are all boring now and they give you no incencitive to run them or any dungeon for that matter
    please reconsider the content for this module otherwise we really are going downhill because mod 14 was not a Module that is praise worthy or provided anything new to the game
  • Options

> @qexotic said:

>

> [TRAILER]

>

WTF srsly 6 of novembre for this thing 1 skirmish ? are you guys really aware of the state of the game we had mod 14 for too long and it has 0 content barovia was boring the new castle ravenloft people aren't even playing or farming because it's not a dungeon but rather a monologue and once u get ur seals ur out of there
    the game is really thin on players right now and Module 15 is only way to save it so i don't get how a comedy parody should be a module with 1 skirmish that's not even end game
    people are getting bored of no content to play TONG FBI MSP are all boring now and they give you no incencitive to run them or any dungeon for that matter
    please reconsider the content for this module otherwise we really are going downhill because mod 14 was not a Module that is praise worthy or provided anything new to the game
    While I agree they really need to rethink the material they're putting out, it's far too late to drastically change whatever is coming in Mod 15. Unless they plan on sneaking in the rumored return of some of the old dungeons, which would honestly please the majority of players even if the rest of Mod 15 is lackluster.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    @kreatyve

Actually it was Thomas Foss who said that m15 will be huge. He said it during one of the streams (mod13 or mod12 previewing ones). He said that mod14 is going to be small, cause mod15 is going to be huge.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    I really do hope they add bard and druid classes into the game soon. We are long overdo and those are core classes.
  • Options
    caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    With all of the serious "save the world from dire evil" mods its nice to see something with humor added to it. All war and no play makes for a... well... a dead Adventurer. Unless you're Minsc.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • Options
    zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Mod title is an inside joke right?

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire.
    Heart of Thorns + Path of Fire

What's left is Path of Thorns....
  • Options
    sailazsailaz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

The developers, when they said that we give up half (B) modules and will do 3M full per year. But I can see by the video(which is not up to 3, max 2иВ). 3 module, it can only be called an event, another month as Portobello once a year, no more! That for you module a host? For me it's a new story, okay it is, a new location, but where are all the old Loki redone. And whatnot that throws a simple glance, but not under close scrutiny.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers!

Today we announced the upcoming new module release: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated! Over the next couple months we will be releasing Developer blogs and Dev forum posts with detailed info!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10991183

Excited about the Professions overhaul. Maybe this will make MW professions more worthwhile for Guilds? And maybe even make non-Stronghold professions (outside of Leadership/Alchemy) worthwhile again?

If it's just a simplification of the current clickfest Professions interface - that's still a win for me.

I will hold judgment on the story or zone in M15 - whatever it is - until more detail is provided.

Thank you for the heads up. Something to look forward to other than the brooms, Black Friday sale and Winter Festival.