test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Dungeon What?

I'm confused.

Joined a random queue for the daily AP. The other two players rush ahead, leaving me in the dust to fight all the mobs.
I quit out of the instance because I can't possibly keep up ... and now I can't queue up for a dungeon again?

So if I understand this right ... if I'm two slow and the high-tier players get tired of waiting - they can just vote to kick me, but I can't quit out and re-queue?

:neutral: wtf?

Do low-tier players normally get kicked for falling behind? ... Seems odd that this is the way the game works.

Comments

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    It is done to discourage people from abandoning their teammates. Some people normally do that even though it isn't nice since they're usually matched up with other experienced, do try asking them to slow down or clear mobs before moving on.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Just make the effort to keep up and get to the end. Usually people will backtrack to help you. If you are unlucky to get two HAMSTER that kick you, then at least you won't have a penalty.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    if they're higher level and running ahead they know what they're doing. they know they are queing for something that can have a very low level. they have to know how slow new toons are. just do your best to keep up in instances like that. do you know how to use chat? if you can type in hey. I can't keep up and I'm a real level xx they will probably do a little more to make sure not to lose you. because they do this all the time. if they lose you they have to wait for you or use a kick on you and they only get one kick every four hours there might well be someone more deserving of it in their future than a low level who is trying to keep up with them.
  • Options
    jihalla#0769 jihalla Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I guess.

I didn't feel like chopping through half a dungeon just to get kicked because they might get tired of waiting, so I left. ... They didn't even bother killing anything, just ran straight to the boss. :neutral:

Generally I really like the game so far, but this random dungeon thing seems like a weird way to earn your currency.

Most players are way over-leveled for the content, don't care about the drops at all, and are just rushing through as fast as possible to get it over with. ... I've also seen a few not geared at all and just waiting for others to kill everything for them.

The whole thing feels like it's a poorly thought-out work in progress that doesn't fit with the rest of the game.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I wouldn't go back to dungeon pugging even if they quadrupled the incentives.
    It's not so much the queue design but the simpletons that run it who are a poorly thought-out work in progress - though calling it progress isn't quite right - "regress," seems more apt.

Unfortunately their stupidity isn't confined to just the dungeons. They drag their bad habits back into the open air maps too. They're the dingbats continually trailing hordes of enemies everywhere they go: into Heroic Encounter, over your head when you're trying to pick up something. I have to admit, though, it's incredibly satisfying to be there when their mess catches up to them.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

The whole thing feels like it's a poorly thought-out work in progress that doesn't fit with the rest of the game.

100% correct. It's a poorly executed system that many people have complained about, both newer and veteran players.

I don't random queue much anymore unless I'm with a group that wants to run it. It's not worth my time to get stuck in:
    a: content i don't want to run
    b: running baby dungeons and carrying people that aren't interested in actually participating
    c: content that takes forever to complete just to reward you with an outdated rank 5 enchantment

My advice to you is just try to keep up if you end up with people like that. They're the minority. Most times if you get people looking to run through they will at least kill things along the way.

Are you in a guild? That helps with getting into groups or finding a pug group to run with, etc. Minimizes the risks. I'm guessing you're still early level since it sounds like you were running 3 man content.

• Options
    dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Random Qs aren't going anywhere its the Devs way of getting us to play content they want us to play not what we want to play. Sucks!!!!
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    When the new queues drop next week expect it to get worse.
    More people will be running Random Leveling Queue as the acquisition of rough Astral Diamonds is getting an overhaul.

Plus the new punishment for quitting will be an account wide half hour ban from all queues.

So, rather than people leaving and allowing the group to call for reinforcements, expect to see more AFK players as they will realise that a 15 minute wait for one toon to be kicked beats an account wide 30 minutes on super nanny's virtual naughty step.

Rather than acknowledging that there is content some people just don't want to play and finding a way to allow them to quit without ruining the queue for everyone else, they have decided that harsher punishments for non conformity is the way to go.

As to the OP, the only thing I can say is that it will get better.
    As you improve you will find it easier to both keep up and/or deal with the monsters that get left in the speedsters wake.

One day needy speed freaks will realise that its not the first ego maniac to reach the boss gate who's in control. Its the guy at the back who unlocks the door.

Its actually quite cathartic to take my Tank into a leveling RQ and come across a 9k GWF and a level 20 spod. Hanging back to "keep the new guy alive..." while Barry Allen loses his HAMSTER at the boss gate.
    "Make sure you check those nodes and chests dude... its OK I'm in no hurry... do you want to join my Guild?"
  • Options
    greg#2922 greg Member Posts: 2 New User
    Of course I can't login and create a new post... so I guess I will tag to the end of this thread...

level 21 now, seems like there is no challenge to the random queue dungeons, everyone just flies through them? sometimes i am raised to level 60 with everyone and fight level 24 mobs, sometimes we are all reduced to level 19 and there is zero challenge. Even if we are all at the minimum level there is no need for my clerics healing. Is it always like this - is a cleric useless because nobody ever needs to be healed?
  • Options
    From what I've read teams generally don't need healing in this mmo. ... They focus on dps and buffs/debuffs.
  • Options
    greg#2922 greg Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @"jihalla#0769" said:
    > From what I've read teams generally don't need healing in this mmo. ... They focus on dps and buffs/debuffs.

My point is more about why is every dungeon so far trivial with zero challenge - is it like that forever.
    If there is no challenge in completing anything then I do not have much interest in the game.
  • Options
    The game doesn't really start until you get to level 70, so you're basically still playing the tutorial.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Yeah, once you hit L70 you'll realise that you're only at the beginning.
    And the content gets commensurately harder.

Its faster now to run through the lower levels since XP changed and the Elemental Evil campaign was shortened, so it is easier and frankly more likely to "outgrow" the content you've unlocked.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I and my wife don't kick any low levels just because they're slow. We also tend to carve a path of destruction through the dungeon, in part because it's fun and in part because if the third person is low level, then they can just run through and collect any goodies left behind as they go. On the rare occasion we leave things alive behind us, we'll go back to help. The best thing you can do is just to speak up in party chat and ask for help. Players of high level characters just want to finish the dungeon as fast as possible, and it's faster to help you than to kick you.
  • Options
    greg#2922 said:

> @jihalla#0769 said:

> From what I've read teams generally don't need healing in this mmo. ... They focus on dps and buffs/debuffs.

My point is more about why is every dungeon so far trivial with zero challenge - is it like that forever.

If there is no challenge in completing anything then I do not have much interest in the game.

It is not like that forever. It's only like that when the random queue system puts level 70 characters into the low level dungeons. I run epic dungeons on my paladin every night, and I'm glad for the cleric or other healer that's in the party. I don't need healing often, but when I do need it, I'm certainly glad it's there. In between times, the healer gets to have some fun dealing whatever DPS they're capable of.
  • Options
    penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I just got a 30 min ban for queues all because I left a game that was going no where. For 30 mins we sat at camp fire doing nothing all because one guy was too lazy to quit he refused to leave and asked to be kicked yet not enough players voted for him to go.

So I left went to que a again and get a ban for wanting to play the game.

Its about time arc got off there ba ksides and sort out these dungeons
  • Options
    penybont said:

I just got a 30 min ban for queues all because I left a game that was going no where. For 30 mins we sat at camp fire doing nothing all because one guy was too lazy to quit he refused to leave and asked to be kicked yet not enough players voted for him to go.

So I left went to que a again and get a ban for wanting to play the game.

Its about time arc got off there ba ksides and sort out these dungeons

That's actually working as intended. It's not a bug. What you should do in the future is initiate a vote to abandon the instance. If the vote succeeds, the dungeon ends and no one gets a penalty.