test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD exchange Back Log solution

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    leonidrex said:

Just move wards and other things that sell on AH buyable in WB, make it better to transfer for AD instead of selling it. Keep the new COMP/KEYS/CAMP purch in ZEN and VIP. that would propably get rid of half the need for zen if not more.

Not going to happen - that would hurt the income from Zen sales too much.

The best suggestion I have heard is the following.

We have 2 in-game currencies - a limited one (AD) and an unlimited one (Gold). Gold has only been of limited use until now, but the new crafting system is a massive gold sink. The suggestion is to allow people to convert AD directly to Gold, which would take the AD out of circulation.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

leonidrex said:

Just move wards and other things that sell on AH buyable in WB, make it better to transfer for AD instead of selling it. Keep the new COMP/KEYS/CAMP purch in ZEN and VIP. that would propably get rid of half the need for zen if not more.

Not going to happen - that would hurt the income from Zen sales too much.

The best suggestion I have heard is the following.

We have 2 in-game currencies - a limited one (AD) and an unlimited one (Gold). Gold has only been of limited use until now, but the new crafting system is a massive gold sink. The suggestion is to allow people to convert AD directly to Gold, which would take the AD out of circulation.
    This idea still won't solve the long term issue of AD to Zen. The AD to Gold is a good idea but still won't solve why people convert AD to Zen and that is to make more AD.

The thought of moving wards over to Bazaar would help the zen exchange. First off, it would reduce the amount of AD to Zen requested as less people would be buying zen to buy wards to sell ward for AD for a profit. This reduction alone would reduce the zen exchange. Just wards alone would drop the zen exchange value.

Another thought is make the zen items account bound; this would also drop the number of request in exchange as you could not longer convert AD to Zen, buy a companion at a reduced price and flip companion for a fairly large profit as the companion would than be account bound.

I would do both with moving wards over to the Bazaar and than make all other zen purchases account bound.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Making zen purchases account bound would translate roughly to never make another zen purchase again. It would kill Cryptic's income.

The thought of moving wards over to Bazaar would help the zen exchange. First off, it would reduce the amount of AD to Zen requested as less people would be buying zen to buy wards to sell ward for AD for a profit.

...which is exactly why this will not happen. There is probably a zero chance of any change that will obviously reduce Zen sales.

Now, I can give you a solution that will actually work, in addition to the AD->Gold converter, but it will complicate the Zen store a bit.

Have basically two different kinds of "Zen" - let's call them "Gold Zen" and "Silver Zen". The first kind (Gold Zen) is what you get when you buy Zen for $$$, but the second kind (Silver Zen) is what you get when you convert AD to Zen.

The difference will be that if you use "Gold Zen" your purchases are unbound and can be sold on the AH - if you use "Silver Zen", your purchases will be BtA.

Now, the effect of this will be that "free" players can still get Zen and buy anything they want, but only for their own use. People will not be able to go in circles - buy items, sell items on AH, convert AD to Zen and repeat, which should cut down on the backlog.

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    i disagree. most of the Zen people use to make profit comes from recycled zen not those that are bought. Making purchases account bound cuts into that cycle and would force people to buy zen with money rather than AD to get what they want. Since no additional zen is bought for profit atm no loss in cryptic profits comes from this method.
    edited November 2018

i disagree. most of the Zen people use to make profit comes from recycled zen not those that are bought. Making purchases account bound cuts into that cycle and would force people to buy zen with money rather than AD to get what they want. Since no additional zen is bought for profit atm no loss in cryptic profits comes from this method.

Well, that's exactly what I was suggesting:
    • If you buy with Zen bought for $$$ your purchases would be unbound
    • If you buy with Zen converted from AD, your purchases would be BtA.
    That should go a long way towards solving the problem, while at the same time not have a negative impact on the actual Zen sales.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

One of the best way to remove the back log is to limit how much AD you can exchange for zen in a day, week or month. If you are not VIP you are limited to 100 zen a month. Each rank of VIP increases that amount by 100. This means a Rank 12 VIP player can only transfer 1300 zen a month. This would eventually result in a reduction of AD exchange and would favor more zen being purchased.

The game would still be 100% F2P it just would take longer to achieve what a player is seeking given this change.

The other thing I would do is move the Wards from the Zen market to the Bazaar, make them account bound, and cost 5000 AD for one pres ward and 500,000 AD for one coal ward with VIP getting their discount.

As for keys, I would keep them where they are under zen.

These are simple and effective solution that would encourage purchasing VIP for newer players to increase their ability to convert AD to Zen. The change on wards would reduce how players buy low and sell high on wards and earn AD that they continue to flood the Zen Exchange to earn AD from simply buying and selling.

I would also move over any companion that is sought after from the Zen Store that tends to sell for AD for a profit to the Bazaar but make it so these are special and the only time a discount would be applied is through a coupon from the Celestial Bag of Refining. These companions would also be bound to account on purchase; two companion I know that fit this bill are the Siege Master and Chultan Tiger.

These minor changes would definite reduce the back log as there would be limitation on exchange, items sold for profit would be moved away from the Zen store to the Bazaar and made account bound, and the items left on the Zen store would still be wanted by the true F2P but would take time to grind it out and earn what they need for Zen to acquire what they are seeking.

These are just thoughts on how to resolve the zen backlog.

I wouldnt consider it F2P anymore if what u propose would be implemented. They should implement more AD sinks instead of taking VIP of the Zen shop or limiting the amount of AD/ZEN we can exchange. What u propose would imo kill the game for most of the ppl i know. Those arent "minor" changes those suggestions are Fundematly changing the way how currency exchange in this game works. Moving more usefull stuff to the Bazaar makes sense and im all for that.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

Having VIP be purchased through the platform respective stores is reasonable, it won't make the game pay to win in any ways since chests are being changed to not include a key so u won't be limited or handicapped in any way. As for moving stuff to the bazaar, I feel as tho instead of permenantly moving item to the bazaar having temporary sales of items from the zen market. Up to 3 items at a time for 7 days and changes at the weekly reset. Although with so many useless items, I would hope for a rework of the zen market before this happens unless they include strictly refinement/stronghold/bags/services only. I doubt most wants companions or mounts for the going zen prices atm

It will make the game P2P to a certain extend.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    With Saturday, the devs were told about the bug in the closed Beta, nothing was done about it. So thoat few that knew about it, kept it quiet but started little by little using the exploit until they had a ton of AD, likely maxed. Caturday happened when after weeks or months of nothing from the devs, the public became aware and abused the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it. The only thing the devs did was a roll back of not even a day and fixing the bug. (Servers were down for a few days) we all got cloaks and a title, and most of the AD never actually got removed. As the roll back did not go back far enough for when the public knew about it,uch less those who had gotten the max AD weeks before. This is why the ZAX issues ate still blamed on Caturday...and now with huntgate. Bugs do happen, and devs are often made aware of them quickly, but they are usually never fixed quickly, even bugs that could wreck the economy, or others that make classes under/over perform.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

With Saturday, the devs were told about the bug in the closed Beta, nothing was done about it. So thoat few that knew about it, kept it quiet but started little by little using the exploit until they had a ton of AD, likely maxed. Caturday happened when after weeks or months of nothing from the devs, the public became aware and abused the HAMSTER out of it. The only thing the devs did was a roll back of not even a day and fixing the bug. (Servers were down for a few days) we all got cloaks and a title, and most of the AD never actually got removed. As the roll back did not go back far enough for when the public knew about it,uch less those who had gotten the max AD weeks before. This is why the ZAX issues ate still blamed on Caturday...and now with huntgate. Bugs do happen, and devs are often made aware of them quickly, but they are usually never fixed quickly, even bugs that could wreck the economy, or others that make classes under/over perform.

wasnt there a bug that you could literarly prit 50k/ad every like 10s? for weeks
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    > @leonidrex said:
    > With Saturday, the devs were told about the bug in the closed Beta, nothing was done about it. So thoat few that knew about it, kept it quiet but started little by little using the exploit until they had a ton of AD, likely maxed. Caturday happened when after weeks or months of nothing from the devs, the public became aware and abused the HAMSTER out of it. The only thing the devs did was a roll back of not even a day and fixing the bug. (Servers were down for a few days) we all got cloaks and a title, and most of the AD never actually got removed. As the roll back did not go back far enough for when the public knew about it,uch less those who had gotten the max AD weeks before. This is why the ZAX issues ate still blamed on Caturday...and now with huntgate. Bugs do happen, and devs are often made aware of them quickly, but they are usually never fixed quickly, even bugs that could wreck the economy, or others that make classes under/over perform.
    >
    > wasnt there a bug that you could literarly prit 50k/ad every like 10s? for weeks

Yup, something like that, I don't remember the exact value of the cat.
    tom#6998 said:

One of the best way to remove the back log is to limit how much AD you can exchange for zen in a day, week or month. If you are not VIP you are limited to 100 zen a month. Each rank of VIP increases that amount by 100. This means a Rank 12 VIP player can only transfer 1300 zen a month. This would eventually result in a reduction of AD exchange and would favor more zen being purchased.

The game would still be 100% F2P it just would take longer to achieve what a player is seeking given this change.

The other thing I would do is move the Wards from the Zen market to the Bazaar, make them account bound, and cost 5000 AD for one pres ward and 500,000 AD for one coal ward with VIP getting their discount.

As for keys, I would keep them where they are under zen.

These are simple and effective solution that would encourage purchasing VIP for newer players to increase their ability to convert AD to Zen. The change on wards would reduce how players buy low and sell high on wards and earn AD that they continue to flood the Zen Exchange to earn AD from simply buying and selling.

I would also move over any companion that is sought after from the Zen Store that tends to sell for AD for a profit to the Bazaar but make it so these are special and the only time a discount would be applied is through a coupon from the Celestial Bag of Refining. These companions would also be bound to account on purchase; two companion I know that fit this bill are the Siege Master and Chultan Tiger.

These minor changes would definite reduce the back log as there would be limitation on exchange, items sold for profit would be moved away from the Zen store to the Bazaar and made account bound, and the items left on the Zen store would still be wanted by the true F2P but would take time to grind it out and earn what they need for Zen to acquire what they are seeking.

These are just thoughts on how to resolve the zen backlog.

I wouldnt consider it F2P anymore if what u propose would be implemented. They should implement more AD sinks instead of taking VIP of the Zen shop or limiting the amount of AD/ZEN we can exchange. What u propose would imo kill the game for most of the ppl i know. Those arent "minor" changes those suggestions are Fundematly changing the way how currency exchange in this game works. Moving more usefull stuff to the Bazaar makes sense and im all for that.
    F2P means you have access to all content for free and can reach end game all for free; F2P does not mean you get your VIP or other items for free. There is a difference in both philosophies. I have no issues pushing more items away from the zen store or removing the ability to convert Zen to AD. If the later is done it would be easier to monitor and track trade house sales and ban players from buying items or selling items to 3rd party vendors.

I know plenty of F2P game that keep their VIP/Membership away from their exchange store just to ensure that players wanting it pay for it to ensure a constant revenue stream.

• riskybiz316#9412 riskybiz316 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Maybe if you understood what the ADX is and how it works then maybe you could come up with a solution. This literally wouldnt fix anything. Not to mention current adx is already down to 1 mill. It got so high because the smart people waited until black friday sale to spend money. Since you got more bang for your buck. Its really just basic and simple economics and nothing needs to be done to fix it. Ps4 has the biggest player base and has added 30k new players in a month. Going into the biggest video game time of the year with prob adding even more players. Just because you dont have instant gratification and instant as to zen turnover doesnt mean the adx needs fixed. Post your amount and wait a couple days nothing is going anywhere
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Maybe if you understood what the ADX is and how it works then maybe you could come up with a solution. This literally wouldnt fix anything. Not to mention current adx is already down to 1 mill. It got so high because the smart people waited until black friday sale to spend money. Since you got more bang for your buck. Its really just basic and simple economics and nothing needs to be done to fix it. Ps4 has the biggest player base and has added 30k new players in a month. Going into the biggest video game time of the year with prob adding even more players. Just because you dont have instant gratification and instant as to zen turnover doesnt mean the adx needs fixed. Post your amount and wait a couple days nothing is going anywhere

A month. it takes a month.
    tilrod2 said:

The biggest problem are the two ways to trade ZEN in ADs. All items, which are bought from ZEN store directly, should be Acc-bound. Otherwise all players would sell them on AH because of a better ZEN-to-AD-Ratio (who will blame them for this). In the same step they have to introduce more and worthwile AD-sinks, so players want to buy AD by ZAX.

As a player who needs something from ZEN-Shop for my char i can use ZAX. A player who wants to make profit shouldnt. A Player who buy ZEN can buy something from the shop or buy some AD from other players.

This is why the market is screwed up. One player I know has 3 characters that has all five bags as runic and all spots are filled with pres wards that he bought during the sale. He hopes to sell those wards for 70K AD per 10. He spent 30K AD per 10. He will make after auction house fees 63K AD per a stack or more than double his original purchase price. He plans to use 50K of each stack sold to repeat this process and the other 13K he plans to use on AH items he will buy low and sell high or put towards MC, depending on the AH market.

These type of players are hurting the game economy and one solution I see that could reduce the zen exchange issue is bound all zen items to account. No more flipping. In fact, I would make all current wards bound to account; this would definitely take AD out of the game because those players just loss all of that AD and now have thousands of wards bound to their account. Only thing worth doing with them at this point would be enchantments and this would drive the pricing down of enchantments as so many players would be ranking them up trying to flip them for AD.

There are other ways to resolve the zen backlog but those methods maybe more hurtful to the game long term.

tilrod2 said:

The biggest problem are the two ways to trade ZEN in ADs. All items, which are bought from ZEN store directly, should be Acc-bound. Otherwise all players would sell them on AH because of a better ZEN-to-AD-Ratio (who will blame them for this). In the same step they have to introduce more and worthwile AD-sinks, so players want to buy AD by ZAX.

As a player who needs something from ZEN-Shop for my char i can use ZAX. A player who wants to make profit shouldnt. A Player who buy ZEN can buy something from the shop or buy some AD from other players.

This is why the market is screwed up. One player I know has 3 characters that has all five bags as runic and all spots are filled with pres wards that he bought during the sale. He hopes to sell those wards for 70K AD per 10. He spent 30K AD per 10. He will make after auction house fees 63K AD per a stack or more than double his original purchase price. He plans to use 50K of each stack sold to repeat this process and the other 13K he plans to use on AH items he will buy low and sell high or put towards MC, depending on the AH market.

These type of players are hurting the game economy and one solution I see that could reduce the zen exchange issue is bound all zen items to account. No more flipping. In fact, I would make all current wards bound to account; this would definitely take AD out of the game because those players just loss all of that AD and now have thousands of wards bound to their account. Only thing worth doing with them at this point would be enchantments and this would drive the pricing down of enchantments as so many players would be ranking them up trying to flip them for AD.

There are other ways to resolve the zen backlog but those methods maybe more hurtful to the game long term.
    yes, and unfortunately this is the only way to make REAL ad, 40% off means i make 5+ mil ad, bazaar discount is 1-2mil ad in my pocket, the more you have the more you will make. . .
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

One player I know has 3 characters that has all five bags as runic and all spots are filled with pres wards that he bought during the sale. He hopes to sell those wards for 70K AD per 10. He spent 30K AD per 10. He will make after auction house fees 63K AD per a stack or more than double his original purchase price. He plans to use 50K of each stack sold to repeat this process and the other 13K he plans to use on AH items he will buy low and sell high or put towards MC, depending on the AH market.

That player would have to be very patient to get 70K per 10 wards. I rarely see even 60K. He will probably have to wait three months (half way to the next big sale) and for a double refinement event for pres ward demand to shoot up to 70K. Meanwhile, a lot of other players are happy skimming with the daily invoke 20% coupons to keep the prices more reasonable.

Clearly, making all zen store items BtA would benefit the players who have stockpiled wards from the sale. These minorities would instantly corner the wards market in the AH.

edited December 2018

One player I know has 3 characters that has all five bags as runic and all spots are filled with pres wards that he bought during the sale. He hopes to sell those wards for 70K AD per 10. He spent 30K AD per 10. He will make after auction house fees 63K AD per a stack or more than double his original purchase price. He plans to use 50K of each stack sold to repeat this process and the other 13K he plans to use on AH items he will buy low and sell high or put towards MC, depending on the AH market.

That player would have to be very patient to get 70K per 10 wards. I rarely see even 60K. He will probably have to wait three months (half way to the next big sale) and for a double refinement event for pres ward demand to shoot up to 70K. Meanwhile, a lot of other players are happy skimming with the daily invoke 20% coupons to keep the prices more reasonable.

Clearly, making all zen store items BtA would benefit the players who have stockpiled wards from the sale. These minorities would instantly corner the wards market in the AH.

How would making all zen items BtA allow these players to corner the market. If you read through some of post on the forums I set anything purchased through the zen store BtA. This includes wards in the AH, this would take them off the AH. These players would now be sitting on thousands of wards that is BtA and they would not be able to sell it. I would do this across the game making all wards BtA, now what? There would be no market to corner and those players simply would have bank spaces filled with wards. The best option at that point would be to use the wards to flip enchantments. Now it gets interesting because so many players would be doing this it would drive down the price of enchantments but the price of stones and marks would go up.

The simple fact is Cryptic is taking money out of their own pockets by allowing us to sell zen items on the AH.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @wintersmoke said:
    > Maybe if you understood what the ADX is and how it works then maybe you could come up with a solution. This literally wouldnt fix anything. Not to mention current adx is already down to 1 mill. It got so high because the smart people waited until black friday sale to spend money. Since you got more bang for your buck. Its really just basic and simple economics and nothing needs to be done to fix it. Ps4 has the biggest player base and has added 30k new players in a month. Going into the biggest video game time of the year with prob adding even more players. Just because you dont have instant gratification and instant as to zen turnover doesnt mean the adx needs fixed. Post your amount and wait a couple days nothing is going anywhere
    >
    > A month. it takes a month.

On PC maybe. On PS4 it only takes a day or 2, even during the black friday it took 3 days (put in request on friday, had exchange done monday morning)
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

How would making all zen items BtA allow these players to corner the market. If you read through some of post on the forums I set anything purchased through the zen store BtA. This includes wards in the AH, this would take them off the AH. These players would now be sitting on thousands of wards that is BtA and they would not be able to sell it. I would do this across the game making all wards BtA, now what?

So you want all the wards people already stockpiled to retroactively BtA? How do you think that is go over with the players?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

So you want all the wards people already stockpiled to retroactively BtA? How do you think that is go over with the players?

It would probably break the Auction House, since that seems to be where a lot of those wards are.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2018

tilrod2 said:

He can hope until the end of times, hopes do not make an economic argument. p-wards never reached 70k AD per 10.

I see more harm to the economy from baseless forum suggestions than any player who flips wards.

P.S. no one forces people to buy wards on the AH, they are free to wait like the rest of us for the exchange, or plan ahead and take advantage of the events. Oh ? They don't want to wait? They want instant gratification?
    Well... That costs....
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

tilrod2 said:

Ok, i admit, I am bad at math... but, if he spent 30k per stack, and he is selling at 70k per stack, how exactly does he plan on getting 63k per stack in profit?
    micky1p00 said:

tilrod2 said:

He can hope until the end of times, hopes do not make an economic argument. p-wards never reached 70k AD per 10.

I see more harm to the economy from baseless forum suggestions than any player who flips wards.

P.S. no one forces people to buy wards on the AH, they are free to wait like the rest of us for the exchange, or plan ahead and take advantage of the events. Oh ? They don't want to wait? They want instant gratification?
    Well... That costs....
    They do on PS4.....

tilrod2 said:

Ok, i admit, I am bad at math... but, if he spent 30k per stack, and he is selling at 70k per stack, how exactly does he plan on getting 63k per stack in profit?
    He is earning 63K per a stack and his profit from that purchase is 33K. But over time if the player reinvest the AD to Zen and repeat the process that 30K = 33K profit = 66+K profit = 132+K proift, etc... each time you are multiplying your investing by 100%+.

Even at 50-65K a stack you are earning 50-100% profit.

Since Cryptic is a business and they want to earn money why would they keep this model in play where there is no reason for players to pay towards the game at all and not real need to even play the game other than playing the market to earn AD. Once you earn enough AD through wards than you can use the AD to control the pricing of other items in the AH.

If the devs did BtA on all wards that are currently in the game, it would have a major impact on the AH and players who invested heavily into those wards would now be down AD and would either have to play the AH market in other ways or actually play the game to earn AD or buy zen to sell for AD. (The later would benefit cryptic)

All items bought through the zen store should be BtA, regardless if it was bought last year.

Who cares about those greedy 5%? They let the uninformed, mostly new players grind the hell for their own profit? This slow down the progression for the majority of the playerbase, since Cryptic seems to not care about this over the past year.

is it really only 5% ? everyone i know does it
    edited December 2018
    sly1#7945 said:

This isn't as bad fir console, for two months after the Zen sale coal wards sell for less then 10 dollars on tha AH. Thats better for f2p players.

400-475K for a Coal Ward that a player purchased using only 300K. A F2P player could also get that same coal ward for that price simply by selling AD for zen, holding onto the zen and than buying it during a 40% off sale. The 400K price is still a rip off for the F2P player due to the fact that the other player paid 300K for it.
    leonidrex said:

Who cares about those greedy 5%? They let the uninformed, mostly new players grind the hell for their own profit? This slow down the progression for the majority of the playerbase, since Cryptic seems to not care about this over the past year.

is it really only 5% ? everyone i know does it
    I played other MMO games and played the market and never seen any system where players are able to abuse it like they do in NWO. Even PWE and Cryptic other games have better market controls in play. I'm sorry but the zen store items should be account bound. It is just crazy that players are able to continue to flip one item gain around 100% of their investment and never do anything other than have patience even impatience players can earn 25-50% without much fuss.
  • daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    The solution is to remove cap on zen/ad price.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
This discussion has been closed.