test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You think this might be the place?" - Neverwinter Teaser?

Comments

• finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    sailaz said:

Most interesting! What do you think the ship is? Eberron? Or what other ship could it be? In Waterdeep there is no kind of flying ships.

Waterdeep certainly used to be visited by spelljammer ships. :)
    - 18% -
  • sailazsailaz Member Posts: 8 Arc User

sailaz said:

Most interesting! What do you think the ship is? Eberron? Or what other ship could it be? In Waterdeep there is no kind of flying ships.

Waterdeep certainly used to be visited by spelljammer ships. :)
    No, I think it's too early to start, first 80 LVL, strength, improving not only the neck, belt, and artifacts and stuff)) Here then you SPELLJAMMER!)) and from Ravnica would not mind!))
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    My theory, based on the items in their wagon, is instead of having a vendor stay around a few days after an event (or sometimes not), these merchants are looking for a shop where they can set up so people who haven't had the opportunity to turn in there event specific currency for rewards can go to the shop even after events are over and the temporary rewards merchants on the dais have gone, for players to purchase, trade and turn in their event specific currency for rewards...

But that's just a guess.
    DD~
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that "disheveled madman" remind me of Asheron's Call's Ulgrim the Unpleasent who always get drunk and said lot of strange things on every patch that players are collecting clues of new dungeons.
    i missed Ulgrim since WB unplug that game. he is funny npc. best ever.
    i would love to find hidden dungeons, one of devs' surprise contents.
    dionchi said:

My theory, based on the items in their wagon, is instead of having a vendor stay around a few days after an event (or sometimes not), these merchants are looking for a shop where they can set up so people who haven't had the opportunity to turn in there event specific currency for rewards can go to the shop even after events are over and the temporary rewards merchants on the dais have gone, for players to purchase, trade and turn in their event specific currency for rewards...

But that's just a guess.

Good guess about the event items in the cart.

Hi Julia, what are you looking at?))) Any ideas?
    edited August 2018
    Yes! The dwarf is talking about Xanathar now. It was something like: "Do you think Xanathar has any pull in this city?"

(Xanathar is a beholder who runs a thieves' guild in Waterdeep)

Edit: He says: "Do you think Xanathar has any pull in Neverwinter?"
    Post edited by finsches123 on
    - 18% -
  • pegasus782#5144 pegasus782 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I could be wayyyyyyyyy off base here, but:

Lihn: "I wish I'd brought my lute."
    Fenric "I'm really glad you didn't bring your lute. Like ecstatic."

Could we be getting the bard class sometime soon???? I know they said a new class was on hold, but maybe..........
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    My thoughts:
    - Lihn is definitely a bard. Bards sometimes have roles in thieves' guilds: enthrall a crowd so pickpockets can get to work.
    - The two work for a thieves' guild.
    - They either work for Xanathar or they are concerned about competition from Xanathar's guild. I'm guessing the former.
    - The location of Professional Fireworks and Liars' Night pumpkins might have to change for that particular spot.
    - Neverwinter "took control" of that building in a recent patch, which caused a Foundry door to have to move. That, plus the comments from last year's Liar's Night loremaster suggests that he is repaying a favor to someone in Waterdeep -- someone who, the loremastrer speculated, was financing last year's Liar's Night festival. A thieves' guild would be a natural supporter of Liars' Night as it is in honor of Mask.
    - The next mod will not only involve Waterdeep but will also feature a Waterdeep-based thieves' guild.
    - The current mods are dealing with the fallout from Neverember's financial troubles of last year. Apparently, cash flow problems caused him to reach out for favors from the wealthy and perhaps also the shady. The current mod starts out at the stronghold of someone who Neverember is careful to stress as a very wealthy patron of the city.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    I just noticed something else. There's a new bard NPC up in the Protector's Garden. I think it's safe to say that a bard class is definitely imminent.
    edited August 2018
    hustin1 said:

I just noticed something else. There's a new bard NPC up in the Protector's Garden. I think it's safe to say that a bard class is definitely imminent.

Yes!! She has a couple different responses when you talk to her, but one of them is "May Milil bring you joy and laughter." Milil in Forgotten Realms was a deity of song, poetry, and eloquence, and was worshipped/revered by bards. forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Milil

Post edited by pegasus782#5144 on
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    i have an idea, make a new "Azure Bond" the second song module when if they release bard class, it give devs to think about it. or new chapter series like RA Salvatore's.
    maybe like "Azure's Lost Songs"?

edit to add, what about those "saurials"?
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Nice to come back from vacation and see new changes! The caravan is parked closer to the market and the building between the market and the auction house is now under construction. Here is the new dialogue (again, removing anything repeated from before).

[NPC] Lihn Weyr: I love how much southern light they get here.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: The bosses must have gotten a great tax break to look for a place in Protector's Enclave.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Right between the market and the auction house. The bosses are really gonna love it!
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Did you know that they pulled up the rug in the HQ? That's right. Original hardwood!
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: We need to get some interns of our own to move this stuff!
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I'm glad that we can get everything into this place. Let's get a drink!
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: It's a good location for the company, but it's far from the taverns.
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: I can't wait to try some of the local cuisine.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: Sergeant Knox recommended a place with good ale... I'm just saying...
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: When are the bosses getting here?
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: The bosses are on their way. Everything is going according to plan.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: I like this place, but it's no Waterdeep.
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: Do you think Xanathar has any pull in Neverwinter?
    [NPC] Lihn Weyr: Wasn't Neverember a Lord of Waterdeep at one point too?
    [NPC] Fenric Primp: Say, after we get everything moved, let's go visit the Moonstone Mask.

Looks like we get to keep an eye on the Moonstone Mask, should they move. Xanathar is mentioned, the crime boss beholder from Waterdeep, further confirming connections to Dragon Heist, plus a mention of working for a company, multiple bosses, a headquarters, and a connection to Sergeant Knox. Hmm. Why is Knox talking to criminals?

But, to me, the biggest quote reveal of all is the mention of Interns!

As noted by sharp folks above, the Protector's Garden now has Maeve Brightsong, and it does seem as if we have a few bards showing up of late. Hmm.

[NPC] Maeve Brightsong: Always a pleasure to meet heroes like you!
    [NPC] Maeve Brightsong: By Milil, what a joyous day!
    [NPC] Maeve Brightsong: I hope you return soon, friend!
    [NPC] Maeve Brightsong: Neverwinter attracts such brave heroes!
    [NPC] Maeve Brightsong: I'm composing a new epic!
    [NPC] Maeve Brightsong: Your adventures are legendary!
    [NPC] Maeve Brightsong: May Milil bring you joy and laughter!
    [NPC] Maeve Brightsong: I love hearing tales of adventure!

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

:cookie:
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

^.^
    edited August 2018
    The plot thickens. I'm in the Riches of Ruin quest instance and a lizardfolk blackscale is doing an animation I've never seen before. He almost looks like a band conductor.
    screenshot_2018-08-20-20-51-13screenshot_2018-08-20-20-56-37
  • maccounlmaccounl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Nice!
  • mjstrollamjstrolla Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    npc town crier: Be it known that Lord Neverember, Protector of Neverwinter, has returned from Waterdeep!

Well the wagon is gone and I did not se them in the Moonstone Mask. Of course I could have missed them.
    Post edited by mjstrolla on
    edited August 2018
    > @mjstrolla said:
    > npc town crier: Be it known that Lord Neverember, Protector of Neverwinter, has returned from Waterdeep!
    >
    >
    > Well the wagon is gone and I did not se them in the Moonstone Mask. Of course I could have missed them.

Same. I've been running all over Moonstone and PE like an idiot looking for them. Well played, y'all, well played. xD

I'm still gonna keep looking.haha
    There is a new wooden sign on the house they bought or rented. I guess there will be something painted on it before too long.
    - 18% -
  • roknorr1roknorr1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    NO MORE FISHING!!!!!!
    Please cut out fishing, I do not play Neverwinter in order to fish.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    roknorr1 said:

NO MORE FISHING!!!!!!
    Please cut out fishing, I do not play Neverwinter in order to fish.

Then, don't play the fishing part. Chult has fishing. Did you fish?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    You think this is the big one?

I mean, the same as M6 was? Level cap increase? It would definitely fit.

And with the recent gear bonuses... wouldn't be surprised.
    They've been throwing gear at us lately -- the last time there was a level cap increase, they didn't do that and there was hell to pay after all those Draconic Templar armor pieces -- that we had only just gotten after grinding like crazy -- suddenly became useless.

My advice to the devs: don't make the other huge mistake: gimping existing classes to carve out a niche for a new one. Last time around I refused to create an OP out of protest until the Drowned set arrived to give us some measure of our survivability back. I don't want to have to go there all over again.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

^.^
    My trap worked! I caught a lurker!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I already figured this out the first time I saw it and heard them talking. The people in the wagon are at the wrong gate looking for Jarlaxle Baenre. Jarlaxle is the main feature character to Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and you can find him at the south gate by the wagons.

Looks like you are heading off to mod 15 this Fall.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    There's more than just a sign on that building this morning! There is scaffolding all around it, a pulley wheel on the market side, and red drapes on the outside!
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I spoke to Maeve Brightsong and here's what she told me :

New bard class !!!! :)<3B)
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    @artifleur Most likely a troll. It even has a typo or a weird font https://prntscr.com/kmqq7j . I went to her and Initiated a conversation with her 50 times never got that dialogue. I hope I'm wrong.
    Post edited by wickedduck22#9795 on