test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's with the player's stats?

dsmusique9#7959 dsmusique9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I had purchased to get level 70 Paladin especially for my guild being a tank. Why does it initially come with 2/3 times more power than defense? It is a tank not a DPS!

And, so I got it changed half of my enchantments to get highest defense BUT nothing will change a bit. Power still remains at 15k and defense still remains at 10k no matter how much you upgrade. Also seen glitch where you go to player stats and all stats keep bouncing fraction of seconds to 2k difference! Changing back and forth not showing what the real stats are? I also got an Epic companion defense based but nothing will change.

This is regarding the Vistani level 70 Paladin set.

This is frustrating where you pay lots of money and don't get what you pay for :( Not saying that it is always the case, but those things decreases the enjoyment of playing plus you are also paying lots of money for that.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Paladins mostly tank through Power and Hit Points to fuel the mechanics that give them Temporary Hit Points and make them mostly unkillable.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19TiuOJBGGfb2SsNEK2aAl9vipvY4qfaDJN69Ytd2E9U/pub

This is an endgame build and it does a great job of explaining the mechanics of the class.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1231686/pve-paladin-guide-by-greyjay1-slappdaniel-and-its-viraaal/p1 is the relevant thread on these forums. You should also check out the Paladin section here as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    And the flickering of the stats is usually caused by someone walking by - many classes give some boost to players in their vicinity. (OP is exactly that case)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    Or, you can look at it this way. OP is a tank (+ other functionalities) and because it is a tank, he/she already has a lot of built in defense and he/she does not need a lot of defense stat to mitigate damage. You cannot mitigate damage more than 100% (the cap is 95% I think). That is why eventually all the OP has to reduce their defense stat and move the stat to something else such as deflection, power, HP, ....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Cap is 80 but 95 compensates for mobs having 15 Defenses Ignored.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    dsmusique9#7959 dsmusique9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Also I had purchased some gear and enchantments based on defense and deflection - it did show improvement on deflection but defense did not go up as expected. I don't know what am I doing wrong there.
  • Options
    aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    If you go to a quiet place with nobody around (such as a quest instance or a quiet corner of your SH), take off all of your gear and unsummon any active pets, and then check your stats to make sure they reflect that you are naked. Then put back 1 piece, check your stats, put another piece, check your stats, etc, do you see your character's stats updating to reflect each piece?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Make sure that quiet place is a level 70 quiet place. I suggest you to go to a room in PE such as the 2nd floor of the Sage who taught you about enchantment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***