test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vistani Merchant - Why? - a game/fun killer

blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
The Vistani Merchant is the most nonsencical thing in this mod.

There's no fun at all in the need to change instances and run maps as crazy or stand still in a spot for severe minutes hoping this Merchant to apear. Yesterday I spent 4 hours trying to catch one and nothing... I got tired, frustrated and disconnected from the game. I can say that there's no gameplay to find this Merchant, or you play the quests or you stop anything to waste time in this absurd task.
If you had in mind making it a challenging task you got it wrong, instead you gave us something very frustrating, annoying and "why it works this way" thing.

Comments

• Options
    brimstonesixbrimstonesix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yeah I have not been able to find this merchant at all, not one single time.
    Gave up on ever finding him, you would think that s much time I have spent in in this mod I would have run into him by accident by now. I've been looking for him since day one. Put the Hamster belt Items in the regular store and cap the amount you can buy.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

Gave up on ever finding him, you would think that s much time I have spent in in this mod I would have run into him by accident by now. I've been looking for him since day one. Put the Hamster belt Items in the regular store and cap the amount you can buy.

You won't run into him. You need to find him because he came out in the place you usually won't go.
    I was able to buy from him once. I also met him once more but at the moment I wanted to get him, he had to go. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

You won't run into him. You need to find him because he came out in the place you usually won't go.
    I was able to buy from him once. I also met him once more but at the moment I wanted to get him, he had to go. :(
    Yea he horrible - cause even when he spawns in one of the four locations... Often he only remains their for like 2-4 minutes before he often leaves...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    strathkin said:

Yea he horrible - cause even when he spawns in one of the four locations... Often he only remains their for like 2-4 minutes before he often leaves...
    Then, we need to factor in how many times we need to buy from him. Is it something like 50 times? And, I play 6 characters. :(
    And, is it some kind of cool down too?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Now with the vigil fix, you won't even get anything looking for him and don't find him.
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Just an idea...

What about puting the merchant behind a quest that runs twice a week? Or instead the merchant selling the rare item at the end of this quest, the last boss drop a box with a random rare item. Running a quest will sure be more enjoyable as the way it works now. :/ A quest like Fane, for example.

I'm not sure, but the rare item looks like to have a 48hs cooldown to be avaliable again.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2018

strathkin said:

Then, we need to factor in how many times we need to buy from him. Is it something like 50 times? And, I play 6 characters. :(
    And, is it some kind of cool down too?
    Yea I think it's about 12 Wychwood you will require from him, while the Nightcrawlers you earn from HE's is about 60, while the Moss purchased from Coins about 20... While the reagent you require from defeating Strad is about 16 or so. So I don't think it's horrible the most challenging is going to be the reagent from Strad cause it doesn't necessarily drop every time.
    blag001 said:

Just an idea...

What about puting the merchant behind a quest that runs twice a week? Or instead the merchant selling the rare item at the end of this quest, the last boss drop a box with a random rare item. Running a quest will sure be more enjoyable as the way it works now. :/ A quest like Fane, for example.

I'm not sure, but the rare item looks like to have a 48hs cooldown to be avaliable again.

Yea I mean I think that be great especially in the Bonegrinder mission; the first time you do it you get the Tome. Yet on subsequent missions you search the witches supplies and never find anything. Be nice if their was a random drop their for either Wychwood, Moss, &/or possibly Nightcrawler's perhaps not a guarantee but perhaps 35% of the time you might receive one of those items. :)
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    He's a symptom of one of the main things wrong with how the devs write everything in this game: "Now that we've designed this beautiful map and intricate content, how do we interject the RNG into it in a way that makes absolutely no sense, just to annoy and frustrate players?"
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Getting the components from the store, merchant, and sHE's is the easy part. 9 moss? Done. 9 wychwood? I'm at 7, but haven't looked for the merchant in a few weeks. Nightcrawlers? I've got plenty.

Sunset Shards? I have 2. After many, many CR runs, that's what I have to show for it. I need a total of 17 to restore both weapons.... I've pulled more prominence shards from CR than Sunset Shards.

Back to the merchant - if you need to get wychwood, it's best done with a friend or two, in the emptiest instance. He will show up in 1 of 4 places, starting around dawn. Camp out at the locations, and when dawn hits, if he doesn't show up, check the others. You'll only get 1/day (to my knowledge - it's very hit and miss), so once you get one, you can go do something else.