test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] OP Aura of Courage Question (Protection)

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
Is the tool tip wrong on this or what?

it says, 'You and alliens within 30' of you deal 1% of your Maximum Hit Points as bonus radiant damage'

I've been told on reddit that it's wrong and it's not my HP (as the OP) but the players HP that they calculate damage off of.

What is it?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    It’s the players HP
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It calculates off of each player's HP, not the OP. This comes up a lot and usually someone gets the idea that it needs to be changed. Just to be clear, basing it off of the OP's hit points would buff one of the most over performing powers in the game. The tooltip is unclear but the way it works is better (for game balance) than if it were as people think.

Also it should be noted that ranking the power up only increases the benefit for the OP. Other players remain at 1%.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    i won't argue with you about how it works, but if it really isn't based of my HP then it really needs to be re worded, because it clearly states it works of my hit points when they are near me.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Optimally, nearly every tooltip in the gam should be examined and rewritten. That is unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    fair enough. thank you for helping me understand how this works.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    pitshade said:

Also it should be noted that ranking the power up only increases the benefit for the OP. Other players remain at 1%.

To be extra pedantic (and drive home the idea that the mechanic is still incredibly powerful in it's current state), I believe that allies actually get 0.9% of their HP.

My guess is that the formula is written as 0.9% + (0.1% * Aura of Courage Rank), and the game is treating non-OP players as rank 0. (OP starts at rank 1 with 1% and then gets 3 damage increases in rank, each worth 0.1% max HP, or 10% of 1%).

You can see some of my old testing here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231530/reference-aura-of-courage/p1