test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken/Bug : Cowl of the dead (head piece)

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited July 2018 in PvP Discussion
HI Devs

do you know that this head gear is broken ?

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cowl_of_the_Dead

Will it be fixed anytime soon or do we need to sit out another mod waiting for these bugs (manticore main, cursebringer rings etc) to be fixed ?

it shouldn't be too much effort ?

Please advise.

Much appreciated.

Comments

• iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the multi-proc bug works the same way that the Mane of the Manticore did. I'm not entirely sure, but I have only seen this item bug with the SW. I think it multi-procs with Immolation Spirits.

Other than that it really isn't that bad. It definitely respects control immunity and resist. Some players fly to the moon and others get a small bump. All my deaths so far this mod have been to this headpiece while getting ganked 3/4/5v1 and losing my ability to dodge. It really isn't that unbalanced though when working as intended.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    It works with the DC's Hallowed Ground as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCP91Doyfkg&feature=youtu.be

I made a post about this last week: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1241175/cowl-of-the-dead-multiproccing

Hopefully it gets addressed soon. They did a good thing with not making Lycosa's Barbed gloves work in PvP (which causes partial paralysis in PvE), but I think this prone and knockback is even worse. I mean, they removed prone from Bullcharge, but then gave this item which does the same thing over and over again over 15 seconds for certain classes.

I'm still scratching my head over it.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    what the HAMSTER! WHAT IS THAT monstrocity
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Dev's just can't stop making broken items so here is the solution.
    Just remove all PVE GEAR BONUS FROM PVP === problem solved.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Love this item...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • stollebub#2468 stollebub Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    yea I wonder if it were a lot of work to remove pve gear bonus from pvp. I mean there are pvp gear bonus that only works in pvp and not in pve.

Please devs, you should do that. I guess its only a lil bit effort to change the code, so that it only works in pve (like it should be)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Please fix or remove the bonus in pvp, literally every scrub player has one now, even my titanic tolerance for soloQ is being tried.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Can confirm broken, please fix.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    You should post this in the bug report forum and tag the devs. I'm pretty sure they don't look at the PVP forums much at all anymore.
  • xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    even they dont multiproc, the prone effect on TR is deadly. What TR do is stealth and sneak to people then proc their bloodbath making people prone and one shot them, totally unpredictable.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @finalfantasyac7 your new item for mod 14 :)
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

@finalfantasyac7 your new item for mod 14 :)

Im still using mod 12 gears and none of those broken items.
    Maybe i will change my mind and use all of the broken items and go full cheap mode :)
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    lf different pvp modes and more than 2 maps like any serious game has.
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Yesterday i could not get on a node because the DC had the cowl hgead piece on and it was perma stunning me and knocking me back and away from node and DC all time ... this seems to be issue only with SW and DC classes ... can you please fix this ? It is one on those items that are breaking pvp .. none can cap nodes cause you are getting perma kncked back and stunned ... Please ??