test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Neverwinterverse: Explained (v. 1.m14.7.18)

kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Guides

Hello and welcome to this compendium of knowledge and wisdom!

This is for all of you beginners, returner, hungry for knowledge guys and lazy dudes that don't want to spend their own time on doing research.

As you may noticed i don't take things toooo serious in all ways but you may learn a thing or two reading this article. This is all about ongoing stuff within the game and things good to know. I'm not a native english speaker so please don't hurt me if something is not perfectly written. Let's get started.

~ About me ~

Come on, for sure i have to talk about myself in first place! This is just to show you that i'm not a total scrub talking about stuff i never experienced before.
I'm playing Neverwinter since Closed Beta without any noticeable break and do own all classes in a gear level range of 14,5k to 17,3k. My playsytle is different from the 'meta' and i'm using my own builds on every single character which not means i refuse everything good most other players work with but just going my own way. If you have any questions just ask. This should be enough, back to topic.

One of the most things you'll see in this game are abbreviations and it still needs some time to learn them all. Here's a list of the most common ones in any sequence:

~ Classes ~

TR - Trickster Rogue
A damage dealing class especially on bosses or other big solo running around enemies. The majority of them forgot they can use debuffs to make fights easier and only care for their own damage, don't expect any teamplay.

Preferred setup of most players: Infiltrator paragon, Executioner tree

GWF - Great Weapon Fighter
Most of the time this only means a guy with a great weapon but not fighting very well, in some cases this may vary. This is the class rushing before everyone else all the time and not caring for anything or anyone (sad truth) except their own damage. Yeah, this is what they have in common with the TR. But GWF is the simplest to play damage dealing class of all times which leads to a total loss of group game.

Preferred setup of most players: Sword Master Paragon, Destroyer tree

SW - Scourge Warlock
Scrooge? Scrounge? Something like that. This is a rare played class due to the fact of not being able to deal as much damage as TRs or GWFs. Well, that is what people are thinking. SWs are multifuntional if played right and can provide a decent up to real good team support or serious damage, whatever you want. Yet you need some skill to master this class.

Preferred setup of most players: Hellbringer paragon, Fury tree for damage or Temptation tree for heal and support

HR - Hunter Ranger
Who got the idea for this name? I don't get it.. HRs are good damage dealers as well but will require some skill too to being a true master. Often the commonalty tend to forget that this class even exist, it's up to you to remember them.

Preferred setup of most players: Paragon depends on playstyle (you really have a choice here), Combat or Trapper tree

CW - Control Wizard
Oh boy.. I know some will hate me for doing this but i have to. CWs are often used as supporter even if they don't like it, they desperately want to play as damage dealers but (almost) nobody else wants this. Why? Cause they are extremely valuable as buffer and debuffer! Opinion of the Non-CW-community: "For sure you can do good and sometimes serious amounts of damage but leave this to solo play, gimme that support *****!".

Preferred Often used setup of most players: Spellstorm (SS) paragon for damage and Master of Flame (MoF) paragon for buff debuff, Thaumaturge tree for damage or Renegade tree for buff/debuff (I heared of Oppressor as a good buff/debuff and some say they can deal damage with that too)

GF - Guardian Fighter
The classic tank. That nobody plays as tank. Really, you can see Damage GFs and Buff GFs everywhere but nobody (except 5-7 people in the whole game which is 0,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% and therefor nothing) use it for what it's designed for! Most of them don't even figured out what the 'Tab' and 'Shift' keys are doing! And don't ever try to ask them for 'Knights Valor', they will look at you like a pig to quantum physics.

Preferred setup of most players: Sword Master paragon, Conqueror for damage or Tactician for buff

OP - Oathbound Paladin
The absolutely most versatile class in the whole game, period. And the most hard to handle class if you want to learn all about it and to dominate the battlefield. You'll be loved in almost every group right from the beginning and totally hated if you suck. And you can suck bad. I mean REALLY bad. With it's tons of synergies and possibilities i can't even give you a clue how to play it right, the smallest explanation will result in minimum half an hour of talking. Just a good advice: Prepare yourself if you want to risk it.

Preferred setup of most players: Oath of Protection paragon for damage, (some sort of) tanking and support or Oath of Devotion paragon for heal and support (Somewhere out there it's having rumors about Devotion paladins dealing damage that can even tank but psst!), Justice tree for everything (Really, don't use anything else cause they are redundant for now)

DC - Devoted Cleric
If you want to be loved and always been asked for dungeons just play a cleric, you won't ever having problems finding a group. What's that, you want to have fun playing your class? Oh, you must be some self hating with enormously flexible fingers to do so. Did i mention paladins as the most versatile class? Here's a challenger! With offering a shedload of buffs, debuffs, heal and survivability to every group you can do some damage too! To good to be true? Not really, you just can't have everything at the same time. But if you're a criminal hunting, fire fighting and life saving policefire(wo)mannurse in reallife this is your class!

Preferred setup of most players: Annointed Champion paragon and Virtuous tree for healing and buff or Divine Oracle and Righteous tree for buff and debuff

Long list of (almost) unfunny conceptualities:

AD - Astral Diamands
AH - Auction House
IL - Item level
PvE - Player versus Environment
PvP - Player versus Player

Mob - short for 'moving object', every other enemy
Ads/ Trash Mobs - weak enemies in large quantity
Spawn - something appearing out of thin air
Wipe - Failed attempt, starting new one

DD - Damage Dealer
(H)DPS - This is something almosy every player is using wrong. DPS stands for Damage Per Second so it is something you're doing and not something you can call yourself. How dump does it sound yelling out 'Hey, i'm a damage per second!'? Right, totally dumb. So call yourself a Damage Dealer. And this 'H' just stands for 'High' and shall give you the feeling that this special player is doing real high damage. This is even more dumb cause you're only dealing high damage because of group synergies so stay away from using it anyway.

CT - Cloak Tower
CC - Cragmire Crypt
Mad Dragon - Mad Dragon Lair (removed with M6)
Idris - Thron of Idris (removed with M6)
Wolf / Wolf Den - Greywolf Den
PK - Pirate King
FH - Frozen Heart
SP - Spellplague Caverns // MSP - Master Spellplague Caverns
Karru - Cave of Karrundax
ToS - Temple of Spider
DV - Dread Vault (removed with M6)
MC - Malabogs Castle (No 'Borg' at all you Trekkie)
VT - Valindras Tower
KR - Kessells Retreat
SoT - Shores of Tuern
CN - Castle Never
FBI - Fangbreaker Island
ToNG / T9G - Temple of the Nine Gods
CoDG - Cradle of the Death God
CR - Castle Ravenloft
HoU - Halls of Undermountain (Future dungeon/ trial of M15. What, you don't believe me? Time will tell! And remember: Seen it here first!)

Let's end this for now but more stuff definitely coming down the road, stay hungry!

-- Any typos? Adress them and i'll correct them as fast as i want. --
r9jtqurw.jpg

Post edited by kisakee on

Comments

• Options
    reserved
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    reserved
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    reserved
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    kisakee said:

If you have any questions just ask.

Sure i have :D

Is this thread only for fun? Like a standup comedy?

I smiled a lot. Espacially when you talked about how difficult it is to play an OP :D:D

So if this thread just for fun, you nailed it. Made my day. Thx for it.