test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has the rAD change affected the economy? [Money Money Money]

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Simple enough question - have prices gone down or up on the Auction House do you think?

The only thing I keep an eye on are the Legendary Mounts which *seem* to have gone way up [purely anecdotal evidence].

They used to be minimum circa 5.5million and now are minimum 6.5million - so what's the score on AD prices please?

[Feedback from someone with a real expert eye on this would be great]

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Well, now that the Jubilee is over, the backlog is down to ~7M AD (from a high of 23M), so that's something. Prices, I think are also being affected by the new coupons - 20% off any item, or 33% off (particular companion type) are going to drop prices on a lot of things. Coal wards are selling 'below cost' (assuming 500k AD as 'true' cost), and Chultan Tigers seem to be dropping, too.

Legendary mounts - I don't really follow that market, so can't really say. I suspect with the new lockbox, a lot of the popular ones (like t-rex) will go up, though, due to scarcity (no on opening that lockbox). That, and between keys being on sale over the Jubilee, plus the included keys in the Hunter Pack, meant more supply hitting the market, too, so it's probably coming back to normal, rather than "increasing" - more that the market was down with the extra supply hitting the AH.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    If there is a deflation, it do not happen right the way.
    Just because the supply of rAD is lower, it does not mean everyone is lack of AD right the way.
    Even if there is a deflation, it does not mean everything will drop the price.
    The price is still depended on supply and demand.

I have been selling certain non-masterwork 'equipment' in the weekend. To be my surprise, I sold them 10+ times more than last time I tried to sell them and failed. It is because of low supply. I was trying to sell them for 15K and failed. I sold them for 250K in the weekend.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    If traffic on the subreddit is any indication, they had a massive influx of new and returning players with Ravenloft. More players = more people buying Zen = lower rates on the exchange. That's my theory on why it's went down so much already.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Wouldn't surprise me if there was a big influx of new and returning players. The devs practically bent over backwards to make it possible for fresh 70s to enjoy ravenloft. Something like this hasn't happen since, Underdark, maaaybeee? Although there is the summer charge promotion going on, so I think the jury is still out on how effective the AD changes was.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The ZAX was down to 6,5M or so backlog, but now it seems to be on the rise again. Was over 7M this morning.

I suspect two things affects this primarily:
    * Events like the anniversary with expected large discounts will push the ZAX backog up since people are saving up ZAX or buying ZAX for the discount.
    * Events that give bonuses on Zen purchases will push the ZAX backlog down since people buy extra Zen that can be fed to the ZAX for rapid conversion to AD.

When none of these are happening it is my impression that the natural state of the ZAX backlog has been a constant slow growth.

Hopefully the queue changes have changed this but we'll see. From mod 14 until now it has been Zen events all the time, so if we get a period with no Zen events now we'll see how it goes. That the ZAX backlog seems to be rising again does not make me optimistic that Cryptic have solved the problem.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Yea I think I'm mostly happy with the vast majority of changes - some people with a lot of character's could too easily farm a lot of Astral Diamonds, especially just from low level dungeons and on multiple character's. Something needed to be done to limit that.

I just think it's sad 'some' feel the need to create 2 or more accounts. I don't do that, cause I thought it's even against the terms of service agreement, or if it's not it probably should be! I mean you can already create up to 54 character's, and I can't even believe some would 20 or 25, let alone 54?

Still I think I'm mostly happy with the new Astral Diamond changes, and only wished it came a little sooner!

Still while you can only run one Random Leveling Dungeon I think that's great, and while you can run Multiple Intermediate Dungeons, on a repeat for the day you'll just get a far lower AD refinement bonus. Still it's not a bad thing as at least that gives a wide range of queue's to do with various potential rewards and they spawn quite frequently enough!

The only thing I wish would run a little quicker is the Random Advanced Queue, however I suspect many prefer to do this in their alliance or with friends avoiding a PUG.

Still I'm HOPEFUL the new changes will restore the AD:ZEN Exchange to a lower surplus than we've seen for a long time! And like many others have noticed many older players have started to return as word of the refinement changes is still trickling out so hopefully that will also encourage more to be buying ZEN as well.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    strathkin said:

I just think it's sad 'some' feel the need to create 2 or more accounts. I don't do that, cause I thought it's even against the terms of service agreement, or if it's not it probably should be! I mean you can already create up to 54 character's, and I can't even believe some would 20 or 25, let alone 54?

Creating more accounts is not a new idea. It was the trend in the early stage of the game. That practice did not and won't last long because they will not able to endure the pain of handling multiple accounts continuously. Then, they will burn out and many will give up doing that and/or finding easier ways to earn AD within one account or quit. If they can endure that for a long period of time, power to them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    If the zax drops below 500 I consider it a success.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    As others have pointed out price deflation will be a longer process. Eventually the AH prices will fall just because there is now a tighter money supply. What would be nice if cryptic would crunch the numbers and tell us how much an impact to AD generation the change has made. That's probably what they are going to look at. If it reduces it as much as they want then they will just let it play out several months to see.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I don't see the prices falling as they also affected the supply of inventory in the supply/demand curve. I won't go into detail but I think part of this has a huge effect on the economy and I see some prices lowering while other increase due to lower supply and the same amount of demand. We already have the artifact from MSP going for 2.5 million right now in the auction house due to the bug in that dungeon. They used to cost 700k a little while ago. I also see legendary mounts increasing in price.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    That new knox companion will remove lots of ad from the game
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User

That new knox companion will remove lots of ad from the game

lots from one player only, and that's potentially only a fraction of what that player has.

in the grand scheme of things, this is but a drop in the vast AD ocean.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I have kept a spread sheet on the prices of some items in the Undying Lockbox since the start of this month.

The following items showed an increase in price over the week;

Item

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Scroll of Life

Cursed Artifact Pack

Howling Adv Pack

Full Moon Ench Pack

Scroll of Mass Life

Epic Dung Chest Key

While these items decreased in price. All a matter of supply vs demand.

Mist

Razorwood

Bloodied Comp Pack

Darkened Night SH Pack

Variety Fash Pack

wb-cenders.gif
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    If you think anything is substantially going to change with the economy, then you're just fooling yourself in my opinion. I had surgery the day Ravenloft came out and was in the hospital for 3 days after. I was able to log on here and there, which meant I was refining any rAD I had while also not earning any more. Since 5 July, my wife and I have been running the Intermediate and Leveling queues once each and then running epic dungeons. During that time, my rAD backlog has gone from zero to 803k as of last night. That is in spite of the fact that, once I had 100k or more rAD, I have been refining 100k every day in that time. My wife has gone from zero rAD backlog to 315k as of last night; she has also been refining 100k every day.

These changes have effectively doubled the amount of rAD my wife is generating. Before these changes, she was running four characters through random dungeons every day, which amounted to about 45k to 48k AD between them. For me, it hasn't changed the amount of AD I'm refining because I was previously running 8 characters through random dungeons every day, which was about 105k AD per day (they tended to be low on AD bonus from invoking). The major change for us is that epic dungeons are a lot more fun than random queues, no matter the difficulty.

Personally, I think the developers will be making more changes later this year because I don't really believe anything will have materially changed when it comes to AD generation. So make hay while the sun shines, so to speak, because I wouldn't be surprised if generating AD becomes even more difficult 6 months from now.