test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC]Game crash when i try enter Runestead

zzyklon123zzyklon123 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I never had any problem with game but now im sad...

Game is crashing every time when im trying travel to Runestead.
After this error, the client verifies files and still same problem.

Sorry for my english.
PC player.

Post edited by zzyklon123 on

Comments

• nuclearninja1nuclearninja1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    I started having this exact problem today also.
  • c3rdicc3rdic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Me too. Game crashed when entering Runestead and now game crashes time after time. I can't stay online longer than 1 minute. Done force verify several times already.
  • nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same here, constant crash trying to go to runestead. I have tried using the arc client and steam, verified thru both. Still crashes everytime I try and travel, sometimes just trying to load into the game.
  • zzyklon123zzyklon123 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I reinstalled the game, but it is still same problem.
    I'm pissed off, but what to do...We have to wait.
    Maybe someone will answer / fix / advise after the weekend.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Add me to the list.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Same here. Ticket ID 118220314.
  • arbois#8933 arbois Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Crashed too. i can't go back on normal game... Ticket: #180701-000214
    Post edited by arbois#8933 on
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Quick question. Do you guys run the game through Steam, Arc or just game file? Because there is a known issue with the game crashing in various places when run through Steam. They fixed some of them with the Friday patch, but didn't manage to get all of them. They're hoping to get the rest with the one on Thursday I believe.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    I always turn on the game client through steam.
    Through Steam, too.
    Problem (temporarily) solved for me. I was ejected from runestead. But i prefer don't go back until a good patch for it.
  • kephke#7551 kephke Member Posts: 1 New User
    The game crashes when I try to enter other areas. Not all areas crash but enough that it halts gameplay. After verifying the game will crash on load screen. Reloading once more gets me into the game to crash again on loading into a random area. The Monini Crypts is the current issue...

I tried Safe mode but same thing happens.
  • kotoamatzukamikotoamatzukami Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Same here. Game crash when trying to enter Runestead. I play through Steam and i never had a problem with Runestead before today, so ...
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    I've played Runestead twice in the last two days. Did the mission version yesterday and the weekly version today. I had no problems but I launch the game through Arc.
    This seems to be a part of the wider "crashing when launched through Steam".

Suggested workaround until they fix this, maybe try to launch the game directly from the game folder (using the exe file) and not use Steam?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    edited July 2018
    I tried open from file but nothing changed... Same crash.
    Now im downloading arc,we will see.

edit:or i wont try. I dont want download 23gb... again.
    Post edited by zzyklon123 on
  • nuclearninja1nuclearninja1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    I don't use Steam. Just go through shortcut from game folder. Will try arc.
  • mjdecker55#8855 mjdecker55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    First time in Runestead - or not actually as it is bugged. Ticket 118220314, loading through Steam but also tried the EXE directly - no dice!
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ilithyn said:

I've played Runestead twice in the last two days. Did the mission version yesterday and the weekly version today. I had no problems but I launch the game through Arc.
    This seems to be a part of the wider "crashing when launched through Steam".

Suggested workaround until they fix this, maybe try to launch the game directly from the game folder (using the exe file) and not use Steam?

This is not a good workaround, in fact, it made it worse :(

I launched the game through Arc, and trying to enter The Runestead still crashed on me.

Also tried starting the client directly from the game folder, that did not work either.

Now after trying to enter The Runestead after booting the client directly from the game folder, my character is stuck when I try to log him on, and keeps crashing even when I verify the patch each time. There is no option to log in a safe place either.

Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    They dont care about us. :(
  • realgritrealgrit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Had never had any crashing issues with the game (been playing on and off since beta back in 2013 but much more lately), and started having this issue yesterday. Pretty frustrating.

I play through Steam as well. Considering trying the Arc launcher but I'd much rather stick with Steam (just because I play most of my games through there).

Hope they fix this soon...
  • bjbrunt#4365 bjbrunt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I started having this issue today. I usually start from the folder. Did a Force Verify, and nothing changed. 5 hours worth of repeated efforts and patches, and still nothing allows me to be in-game more than 30-45 seconds.
    edited July 2018
    Nobody answers us, so maybe you need to write here: P

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/bug-reports-pc