test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tomb of 9 gods..

Im a devo paly building toward powershare. I don't have cradle unlocked yet. Was trying out tomb of 9 gods. I don't have cradle unlocked yet. For the ps4, please help me understand if these are bugs or intended features for tomb of 9 gods.

Mobs ignore all DR be it via ability or your equipment. They deal damage by large percentage of your hitpoints instead of actual numbers. Everyone including Orcus ignores any control immunity/resist. Orcus has an interesting amount of hitpoints for a boss ( read too much ). Proper targetting is HAMSTER for things like Vow of emnity and Bane. As in instead of hitting him when I am 2 inches from his rear and looking at it, it hits my party member or zombie instead who is several feet away ( even doing physically turning and everything ).

Am I missing anything? Is this intentional or bugs?

Is cradle of death god this bad?

Also, is why is bond of virtue turned off by everything under the sun?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Mobs ignore all DR be it via ability or your equipment. They deal damage by large percentage of your hitpoints instead of actual numbers.

No, this is incorrect and completely false.

Mobs have 15% RI just like pretty much every enemy in the game. Enemies in Tomb just have high base damage.

Use Shepherd's Devotion, it should bring your team at or close to the DR cap, considering your powershare focus.

With Shield of Faith, you reduce incoming damage to a manageable 14% (DR cap, accounting for enemy ArmorPen, cannot exceed more than 80%. Shield of Faith grants 30% damage reduction. 1 * (1-0.8) * (1-0.3) = 0.14).

If the other 4 people in your team are applying any sort of damage reducing effect (ex: Knight's Valor, Feytouched enchantment, Break the Spirit, Ray of Enfeblement), you should be taking scratch damage from mobs.

Everyone including Orcus ignores any control immunity/resist.

Cheating CCs have been a theme since FBI. See: Manticore flip, Stone Eye stuns, Avatar of Orcus' knockback, etc.

The devs did not change the functionality of anti-CC powers, they just changed the tooltips of the CC immunity powers (ex: AA, Unstoppable, Villain's Menace) to "mention" that they won't work versus cheating CCs. If you dig back far enough into the Storm King Thunder through River District era patch notes, you should find a patch note detailing this "change".

In any case, try to use your shield less and completely avoid attacks more. If Partial Paralysis is a problem, slot in Cleansing Touch.

Orcus has an interesting amount of hitpoints for a boss ( read too much ).

Only if the team in question is bad or is just not prepared for the dungeon to begin with. Since it seems like your team was having issues on the path to the boss, I would say that you either pugged, or you were in a team that was not entirely prepared for this fight.

Design wise, Avatar of Orcus has ~1 billion HP. However, the Bloody Death curse should be dealing ~2/3ds of that HP pool (unless you are HR, CW, or SW, then gg because Bloody Death hates proc classes), meaning that, "realistically", your team only needs to deal ~1/3 non Bloody curse damage to finish the boss.

In good teams, Avatar of Orcus' HP disappears in the blink of an eye, the fight takes less than a minute. Even in "average" skilled/geared teams, this fight is no more than 4-5 minutes (and yes, this includes single DC/single tank teams).

By the way, Atropal has approximately the same amount of HP that Avatar of Orcus has (~ 1.1 billion), though you get 5 extra players in the place of Bloody Death. The addition of 5 players more than makes up for losing Bloody Death, since you get double the resources (players/buffs/DPS) to chip down Atropal's HP.

Proper targetting is HAMSTER for things like Vow of emnity and Bane. As in instead of hitting him when I am 2 inches from his rear and looking at it, it hits my party member or zombie instead who is several feet away ( even doing physically turning and everything ).

Unfortunately, there is not much to say to mitigate your targetting issues.

The Legendary Outlaw Xbox Afkadins got around this problem by having everyone line up in the exact same positions every time, but this only works if you always run with the same 4 people all the time.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on