test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Area Transitions

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
I am trying to work on my old Foundry stuff that I have been working on for some time, and none of my area transitions are working. They just port me back to the entrance of the same area instead of moving me to the next in the chain of maps. Anyone know why that is?

Comments

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    It's been like that for quite some time. The work around is to publish and test transitions on the live server. You can edit your quest as much as you like even after it has been published. The only exception is Featured quests, which cannot be edited.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options

It's been like that for quite some time. The work around is to publish and test transitions on the live server. You can edit your quest as much as you like even after it has been published. The only exception is Featured quests, which cannot be edited.

Do the transitions work better once published? O.o
  • Options
    You'll have to publish to be sure, but map to map works fine on live if done properly. There is an issue where parties split into separate instances of the same map, to combat this, one player at a time has to log to the character select screen and return. Usually they end up in the same instance as their party members after doing so.
  • Options
    But, to properly test, without letting anyone see what the adventure is, or without getting the wrong idea, giving up on it, forgetting it, etc? =/
  • Options
    There aren't enough people who are going to put in the effort to search through the "For Review" tab to cause anything harmful. You can publish a work-in-progress and it won't affect your standing as an author. Try to move the chest at the end to an inaccessible area and mention that the quest is a work-in-progress somewhere either in the title or description.