test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank You Pack

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
Is there any way we can claim the thank you pack on whatever character we choose, or is that claimable only on the character that got locked into doing the celebration quests?

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Claimable on the one doing the quests, but I was assured when I asked this that the contents are account bound
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Except, the same assurance was made over the daily crates, and yet the third day alone was 4 out of 7 character bound items. Over half was character bound, only 3 were transferable.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Except, the same assurance was made over the daily crates, and yet the third day alone was 4 out of 7 character bound items. Over half was character bound, only 3 were transferable.

Yeah. :( I think there was some miscommunications somewhere. I'll talk to Julia about it tomorrow. I'm not happy that the 420 gear has to be for my main who has gear much better than that.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

Yeah. :( I think there was some miscommunications somewhere. I'll talk to Julia about it tomorrow. I'm not happy that the 420 gear has to be for my main who has gear much better than that.
    And the figurines which have an abysmally low drop rate, and you have to acquire on the character you want to purchase with, since the gear is all bind on acquire? And, the bank slots are going to be auto added to whoever opens the bind on acquire crate at the end, and... just so much is NOT bound to account, despite being promised all of it would be.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

I don't recall them making that claim - just that the contents would be BoA, and to date, they all have been....
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Where are you getting your information? This is what was posted about the rewards

"You can spend each coin the moment you get it - you'll still get everything from the 2nd Year Coin rewards when you get your 2nd Year Coin, and so on. Crates are bound to character, but the items inside are bound to account.

*Transmute items include: Betrayer's Claws, Lizardfolk Bracers, Greywolf Breastplate, Firegiant Crown, Shadow Wold Headdress, Hat of the Pirate Host, Lizarfolk War Mask, Frostwolf Pelt, or Cloak of the Aboleth.

**Gear is BoA but class-specific depending on class that obtains it. We are aware of this inconvenience and looking at future promotions to avoid class-locking BoA gear. "
    "Crates are bound to character, but the items inside are bound to account"

Pretty straightforward there, and based on your quotes, surprised you didn't (or actually chose not to) see that. Figurines are not transferable, and neither are the things you can buy; companion upgrade tokens are not either (not for any platform, and for console, not for a few months probably); And, a lot of stuff from the Thank You pack (bank slots, power points, etc)... a bunch of "not-crate" items are stuck on the character chosen to do the quest the first day... if you somehow missed the memo that it would only work on that ONE character after that (can't swap the quest to another character), then you get stuck with the entirety of the event on one character.

Yes, SOME stuff can be moved over, but far from "ALL". So, no, don't try and make this into a flame issue, don't antagonize just because of some trivial technicality, or whatever. They made the statement, and it isn't true. As for the 420 gear, it's annoying, but, it really isn't all that great of gear... the easy way to handle that would have been to make the crate for the gear account bound, pretty simple. The figurines could be an account level currency, so no matter what character gets them, all can use them. There are really easy ways around all of these issues.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Yeah. I and my wife were hoping that we could use that gear on under-geared alts. As it stands, it looks like it'll just get sold for gold because we don't care for the look on our warlocks.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Yeah. I and my wife were hoping that we could use that gear on under-geared alts. As it stands, it looks like it'll just get sold for gold because we don't care for the look on our warlocks.
    Or salvage them for ADs.

420 gear is absolute trash these days, new 70s can get better than that very easily without spending much, it's trivial if you have a better 70 either with guild marks or any number of campaign currencies.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,212 Arc User
    edited June 2018

kreatyve said:

Or salvage them for ADs.

420 gear is absolute trash these days, new 70s can get better than that very easily without spending much, it's trivial if you have a better 70 either with guild marks or any number of campaign currencies.
    Yes, even alt does not need 420 gear. When mod 14 lands, every alt can have 500 gear by using the main to do level dungeon RQ.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    The 420 gear would still help some of us, though. Not everyone is so far along that they can just skip past these things.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,212 Arc User

The 420 gear would still help some of us, though. Not everyone is so far along that they can just skip past these things.

In mod 14, you will be able to gain seal of brave by doing Level dungeon RQ which is below level 70 dungeon. If your character is good enough to wear the 420 gear, it is good enough to run that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

In mod 14, you will be able to gain seal of brave by doing Level dungeon RQ which is below level 70 dungeon. If your character is good enough to wear the 420 gear, it is good enough to run that.
    Awesome! IF it works as intended, and all that... The problem is that sometimes a character NEEDS the gear to be good enough to wear the gear. This is why it's always nice to have tradebars saved up for Pilgrim's, and use some protector's seals to get the rings, and maybe use the IWD/SoMI armors as a stepstone. Or, at least that is what I did on all of mine on Xbox (moving over to PC, though, so starting over basically)
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Guys dont be so sad abour the 420 IL gear "IF" you have at least one toon to run the next mod,
    Lots of stuff drop from mobs for you to gear alts and the chests from Hunts can be given to other toons to open
    (even sold at the AH) to get 420 or better gear... this if you ignore how easy will be to buy the Primal set...

But is indeed sad that we cant use the gear where we want it...
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Pretty straightforward there, and based on your quotes, surprised you didn't (or actually chose not to) see that. Figurines are not transferable, and neither are the things you can buy; companion upgrade tokens are not either (not for any platform, and for console, not for a few months probably); And, a lot of stuff from the Thank You pack (bank slots, power points, etc).

I seen that and applied it to the sub-crates. I now see what you mean as the daily pickups are for X Year "Crate". That is where the confusion was. I did reply to your other thread asking for clarification, now I understand.

Fingers crossed for some type of work around prior to the thank you box being available. The toon I used has a maxed out bank and maxed power points. Luckly PC will be able to move the companion upgrade tokens in the very near future.

At the end of the day, sure these issues suck but man we all got a rank 14 enchant for free +++++ and + some more. I'll take the good with the bad and again say THANK YOU for the items. You say you don't want a flame thread, all I've seen over 2 threads from yourself is shooting flames! Not a single thanks!

Anyways, I do hope things are corrected and everyone can move around the rewards. If not, I still say thank you for the free rewards! They are BIG imo.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Pretty straightforward there, and based on your quotes, surprised you didn't (or actually chose not to) see that. Figurines are not transferable, and neither are the things you can buy; companion upgrade tokens are not either (not for any platform, and for console, not for a few months probably); And, a lot of stuff from the Thank You pack (bank slots, power points, etc)... a bunch of "not-crate" items are stuck on the character chosen to do the quest the first day... if you somehow missed the memo that it would only work on that ONE character after that (can't swap the quest to another character), then you get stuck with the entirety of the event on one character.

Yes, SOME stuff can be moved over, but far from "ALL". So, no, don't try and make this into a flame issue, don't antagonize just because of some trivial technicality, or whatever. They made the statement, and it isn't true. As for the 420 gear, it's annoying, but, it really isn't all that great of gear... the easy way to handle that would have been to make the crate for the gear account bound, pretty simple. The figurines could be an account level currency, so no matter what character gets them, all can use them. There are really easy ways around all of these issues.

companion ingrate (oops.. upgrade, my bad) tokens are going to be sharable next mod, either in the bank, or the treasure tab