test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Eclipse Enchantment

2»

Comments

• morgulknifemorgulknife Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Frankly, people whine about PVP but in normal dungeon nobody picks TR's for the dps class. It's all that other class..... Get a grip.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

People hate on the TR so much, it's hilarious.

So much salt flowing through their veins.

lol, another TR player with 0 idea of how the game plays for everyone else.

Just look at the 1st page of the Leaderboards on the X1... 10 TR dominate the page and then another 8 on the next page. Honestely you are a complete fool if you cannot see there is something wrong there (I dont mean you personally, I mean you in general).
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    marnival said:

that may be true but other classes have advantages of their own. honestly I haven't been in pvp much at all since SE/SB/CB was the biggest aggitation when going up against TR but even with ITC and trans neg they were hardly immortal. just dont go trying to 1v1 with them expecting more than a stalemate unless you are also TR or pally, maybe hr.

Yes they are immortal at higher IL and also at lower IL if they decide to avoid fighting when close to death just dodge hide or itc run of and come back at full health.

Btw:
    just dont go trying to 1v1 with them expecting more than a stalemate unless you are also TR or pally, maybe hr
    says you have indeed been away for a time Hr dies in a matter of seconds being near a Tr only valid Hr that playes in todays Pvp is Archer rest is dead in the water and just meat for just about any other class...
    HR needs a rework , agreed ... and imo cw needs more control

The rest of classes are pretty balanced

i play many classes and even on my TR get killed by good SWs OPs & GFs tht has right build, rotations and skills

:)
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User

Half of the people crying about TR's are most likely GWF's. This thread isn't about Eclipse enchant, its another salt fueled thread about the Trickster.

This reminds of Call of Duty days and whenever they die by a certain gun they cry to devs and say its overpowered. Im not a TR but find it hilarious people are so salty to lose to them, its always because the TR is "broken" right?

Unmitigated damage that ignores all defenses/mitigation and goes straight to your hp is definitely WAI. How did we all miss the memo? Devs please ignore the trs just give everyone unmitigated damage.
    LOL .. i think bloodbath might do around 10 % more damage than it should but it's really the only OP skill on a TR .. if Bloodbath is nerfed then some other encounters at-wills or dailies need to receive a buff.

The rest is fine.
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    most dangerous thing is that clueless devs will read this thread and think that trs are balanced after their "efforts" in making changes..

about eclipse...yes total trash enchant that would be better never to have been created in the first place
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @micky1p00 said:
    > next mod sod ll no longer be piercing dmg btw
    >
    > Wrong read again and come back....
    >
    > Wrong. Read, think what piercing vs non piercing is, and what post-mitigation means then come back again.
    >
    > Hint: Ask yourself if you have 80% DR and the TR has 0 RI, will it be the same SoD damage vs 80% DR and 80% RI?

Don't try to explain it to them... some people will always think 1x1 = 1+1> @vordayn said:
    > I'd just like to see the Eclipse enchant on a SW or GWF - sprint for [180% stamina duration] + 6 seconds (what is that, ~15 seconds?). They can run from one node to the other in a blink. :D
    >
    > LOL. In fact, it'll boost all stamina activity from 100% duration to 180% + 6 seconds. Nevermind the already OP +25% deflection boost ..
    >
    > So if a TR can roll around 4-5 times in stealth before stamina depletes with the Twilight Adept feat (and each roll is 1 second), they'll be able to roll 15 times in a row every 60 seconds. Haha. And refill their stealth meter. And be immune to attacks. This will be so funny to watch.

> @khandran#2092 said:
    > most dangerous thing is that clueless devs will read this thread and think that trs are balanced after their "efforts" in making changes..
    >
    > about eclipse...yes total trash enchant that would be better never to have been created in the first place

https://youtu.be/-M6e4usqIxU

Stop with the tr hate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Doesn't really matter what you post in favor of TR...your bias is well known and seen on the forums and above all TR problems are so obvious that your defenses are becoming utterly pointless bordering on ridiculous. You never learn.
    > @khandran#2092 said:
    > Doesn't really matter what you post in favor of TR...your bias is well known and seen on the forums and above all TR problems are so obvious that your defenses are becoming utterly pointless bordering on ridiculous. You never learn.

Doesn't really matter what you post against tr.... your bias is well known and seen on the forums and in game when you put all tr requesting group on ignore. You can say that tr is the root of all your problems and blame other and never take responsibility for your failures, but who am I kidding you are beyond borderline ridiculous. You fail to learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    > @khandran#2092 said:
    > most dangerous thing is that clueless devs will read this thread and think that trs are balanced after their "efforts" in making changes..
    >
    > about eclipse...yes total trash enchant that would be better never to have been created in the first place

Stop trolling the devs
    Stop trolling tr class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Lets make a new thread about TR Needs Buffs.

* Stealth duration increased by 50%
    * SOD damage increased to 150%
    * Smokebomb daze and root player for 15 sec.
    * Crit severity in stealth with lashing blade increased from 50% to 150%
    * Crit severity outside of stealth increased to 100%
    * Movement speed increased by 75%
    * Deflection by default increased to 50%
    * Deflection severity increased from 75 to 90
    * Daze increased to 10 sec on dazing strike and it should also root a player by 5 sec.

Lets make TR great again.
    Lets make TR strong again.
    Lets make whining whiners whine more again.

-
    Here is a video that will inspire you to vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKhAmgOopfc

Now click the vote button asap, if you can't find it... then just press the agree or like button :) *happy face emoji*

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User

couldn't any class reach 100% deflect with it though?

Are you sure? And how many class has a 90% of deflect severity? Even going full tank, like CW, maybe i can reach a good 60%, but dropping all the other stats, going full dex, full silver, equip with everything that will give me deflection, maybe, let's say "maybe" i can got a 60% of def chance.

Add the enchant, 60+25, is 85%, not 100%, but with a severity of 50%, 60 if you use the elixir.

A TR will have 100%, without losing many point in the other stat, 80/90% of deflect severity, still mantaining the all the other stats , and this when they are NOT in Impossible to Catch.
    Like TR you are already in a GODMODE = ON modality, with this your level will be even more broken.

HR too, will have almost 100% of deflection chance, btw, their deflection severity is at last on the same level of the other class.

Is not exatly the same.

I still don't understand how, some of the dev has not thinked about that.
    Like i don't understand why they made a patchnote where they stated that Mane of Manticore was fixed when instead is not ( it still multiporc )

Really

On my CW i can reach 100% chance with this enchant. Right now in MOD 13 on ps4, I can reach 60-64% (64 if i use pots) deflect w/o using silvery. You'd need the 4k deflect mount to reach 100% and maintain valhalla set. If i swapped to silvery on my tank setup id gain 3920 deflect or an additional 9.8% which would put me at 99% chance. Add one or two armor kits and 100% chance.
    > @superstevenshu said:
    > It’s useless for TR and not many top TR will use it. first of all TR get 100/100 deflect chance in ITV and they have many ways to avoid damage out of itc, so mariginal benefit from deflect chance increase is low (unless for unskilled TR who are easily caught) second the stamina bonus has 60 seconds cooldown which is too long for a normal fight involving TR. TR easily hit 20/100 stamina or below which will use up this bonus very early; instead elven is better in the sense it gives constant stamina regen which is still the best for TR

You are my hero #dreamyeyes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Just few consideration about the new enchantment that will be released in mod 14.

The Eclipse Enchant, unparallel level.

+25% Deflection chance, plus, if your stamina drop below 20% it will refill you stamina bar and there will be no drop of stamina for 6 seconds.

Isn't this a "little" too much on some class , like the already overpowered TR?

Basically, a GodMode ON TR will have almost 100% of deflection chance even when is not in ITC, if correctly build.
    The same will happen with an HR.

Add the effect on stamina, permastealth on TR, no drop for 6 second.

Why? Possible that no one of dev has thinked, even for a little, about that?

Opinion?

Eclipse enchantment at best is tied with elven battle enchantment in terms of usefulness to the TR. Most people are saying they find elven battle to be slighty more useful than eclipse for their TR.

If you are a TR with a lot of stealth and a high uptime for ITC, adding in other kinds of CC reductions and stacking deflection chance only comes in handy a small percentage of the time or when something goes wrong. In which case, the main competition between these 2 enchantments mostly comes down to which has better stamina gain.

For the eclipse stamina effect, its still very good but the 60 second cooldown makes it less reliable than the 35% stamina gain from elven battle. Deflecting a hit does reduce the duration of CCs that hit inflicted so you end up gaining some CC resistance from using an eclipse enchantment. Overall, the eclipse enchantment provides a larger variaty of defensive increases than elven battle does but at the cost of the stamina gain and CC resistance being weaker or less reliable than the ones provided by elven battle.

There is a small appeal of taking off ITC in favor of 100% stacked deflection in that you would get to use a different encounter power. Usually the people who do this are Whisperknife TRs who don't even have ITC.

As for how much worse PVP gets from adding 25% more deflection chance to the game, it doesn't accomplish anything that wasn't already possible and I don't think it made PVP much worse than it already was. Stacking stat based 100% deflection chance has been possible for all classes for years now. The only thing that can really be said of this enchantment is that it allows you to stack deflection chance easier than before.

However, I do think it would be much better for PVP's health if permamant 100% deflection chance was unreachable in PVP, the amount of stat inflation present in PVP is absurd and should have been delt with ages ago.

I am one of the few TRs that is considering picking up an eclipse enchantment to try out with my scoundrel loadout, for my purposes, it might be able to edge out elven battle. Though considering how used to my elven battle enchantment I am, there is a good chance I will not stick with an eclipse enchantment.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2018

On my CW i can reach 100% chance with this enchant. Right now in MOD 13 on ps4, I can reach 60-64% (64 if i use pots) deflect w/o using silvery. You'd need the 4k deflect mount to reach 100% and maintain valhalla set. If i swapped to silvery on my tank setup id gain 3920 deflect or an additional 9.8% which would put me at 99% chance. Add one or two armor kits and 100% chance.

That's exactly what i mean.
    Even with 100% of Def chance, like CW , or any other class that is not TR, you deflection Severity will be 50%, if you will use elixir 60%.
    Deflection Severity can't be increased, there are no item that can increase that stat, so, you will never be on pair with a TR under that aspect.
    Actually, exactly like i wrote in the first post, there are already TR using it.
    Almost 100% Deflection Chance, with 85% of Deflect Severity.

Add the mititgation, almost no damage:

@trgluestickz
    You are perfectly Right, TR that already has a lot of Recovery and that already have an high Stamina Gain are the most suited for this enchant.

Now, i don't blame the enchant, but that a specific class can obtain unfair advantage respect to the other thx to the fact that other class have not the possibility to increase the Deflection Severity in any way.

I've already fought vs few of them, the last one yesterday night, he don't even need to move, no ITC, nothing, just launching his at will, got my full rotation and an full Ice Knife when frozen ( +98% from chilling Presence ) ....7k....whattt??? Seriously? No Dodge, he was just standing on the node launching his at will, just for showing how tanky he was now...i mean...c'mon...

And btw, if you're asking how much arp i have on my pvp cw, is almost 21k with 26k power...

Post edited by tholan#1688 on