test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soshenstar River Crash Bug

This started a handful of days ago and it hadn't dawn on me that it was a serious issue. I am uncertain if others are encountering it or not, it only happens when you are wanting to travel to Soshenstar River. During the loading screen, the loading icon and everything else on the screen freezes and is followed up by the game closing out (crashing). This causes your character to be trapped there till contacting the help staff with this issue.

At first I thought leaving it be for a few days would resolve it, however it is still persistent and I can't continue playing the Chult DLC due to this problem. I have only one character who is in the Lost City of Omu and the rest are still dealing with Soshenstar River. Soshenstar River is the only map in the entire game that is so far giving me this issue.

The characters I had that got trapped there were helped out by the help staff and I reported it there, also, about this issue with the map. If anyone has any idea what's going on or a proper solution, to let me know. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    Next time it happens, please send me the ET # (at the bottom of the CrypticError window where you can fill in details of what was happening). That'll let us look up your specific case quickly to see what happened.
  • iceman#8255 iceman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This happened to me last night. I now have 3 of my characters locked because i tried going to the soshenstar river. I checked it this morning and when i logged into that character it crashes the game and puts me back to the home screen. It does not give me an error code just stops loading and exits the game. How do i get a hold of help staff to get my characters back?
  • gregorriuss#1870 gregorriuss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    this also happened to me last night. tried a hard xbox reset and unplugging the router didnt help

• theoracledragon#7212 theoracledragon Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Still having the issue, contact the help staff on this site by filing a ticket. They'll usually get your character moved back to Protectors Enclave in a day or a few after the ticket is filed. I hope a new patch or update will fix this issue and like what iceman said, there is no error code that pops up on the screen. All is shown is a frozen screen and then it crashes.
  • bocefus308#4136 bocefus308 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I don't even attempt to go there anymore. wont be able to get the booons easily or at all...
  • bocefus308#4136 bocefus308 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    it has happened on multiple characters. I absolutely no access to soshenstar river.
  • ambival#9673 ambival Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yep. Same issue here. Two now stuck. It happens when zoning or when toon tries to load in there from selection screen. Xbox version just CTDs without explanation. Missing out on that sweet 2x XP now.
    I got my toons sent back to PE after several days (missing out on days of VIP access without compensation, I asked.) Does anyone know if it's worth it trying to go back in again? I haven't heard any acknowledgement of this issue and don't want to be down several days again.
    Any comment from Arc? I've got three toon that want to get in there, but don't want them locked up for four days again.
  • The map is still broken for me, I waited for these updates that happen from time to time and tried it once more. Sadly, my main character is stuck again on the loading screen for the map. I just hope the new DLC will fix this issue for good as I would like to progress my other characters through the area so I can get them to Omu.
    Thank you for sacrificing the character to test it. I was going to try again, but you just saved me the frustration!
    Just so you know, on a whim, I tried to take my 70 OP into Soshenstar AGAIN! And... it crashed with no error again. It looks like something is crashing on first entry (both toons have never been there before). I'm stuck again and need to file another support ticket (which takes days) to get them unstuck as VIP days go away again...

Can any Dev out there help? Will this ever be fixed? The character cannot progress or do any Chult.
    As a follow up, I worked again with Support (Chroma seemed very nice) and again tried all of the steps (clean cache, reinstall, moved internal/external drive). It still happens every time and with every character I've tried. It looks as if I may never get to play the full Chult campaign.
    Here's an interesting note. I also had a crash (once) the first time I tried to zone in to Barovia. This time the map actually loaded and I saw my toon for a brief second. On the ground was a green rectangle with multiple arrows pointing towards what looked like the zone line. Then I CTD'd with no error message again.

Upon reloading the character, the level loaded normally. This is pretty weird and seems to have started with Omu as no prior maps have shown any issues.