test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Think we will see the Amber Temple in 14.5?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited June 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Well its a place that has an intersting history and Connection to Ravenloft. It was found in Curse of Strahd. Great Evil is locked up in there. Some of it might be what was involved with Strahds Curse to begin with. There is Amber Sarcophagi that each gives a gift and a curse. What do you think do you think they will add this in later after Ravenloft is released?

Comments

• kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User

There is Amber Sarcophagi that each gives a gift and a curse.

Sounds like the boss mechanic for Orcus in Tong and there'll be tons of equip in M14 featuring the same idea - giving high stats on one side and decrase other stats on the other.

So yes, this absolutely sounds possible.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I don't think we're going to be seeing a mod 14.5. The next adventure season for the table-top game has just been announced for September, and it's Waterdeep, with an Underdark follow-up in November. I'm 95% sure the next mod will be following that, probably Octoberish. They try to keep the table-top and MMO games relatively synced.

(Of course, October would be the best time in the world for more Ravenloft lol!)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Starting this year we are no longer doing .5 (or B) modules, instead focusing on 3 major releases a year.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Did anyone else read the title and immediately think of Castle Amber/Château d'Amberville?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    404 Mystara Not Found
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    so mod 15 might be ravenloft 2 (I couldn't think of a name so I went with 2)
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

The House on Gryphon Hill
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I wouldn't mind that, but I doubt it....timing-wise it is just more likely that Mod 15 will be related to the whole Waterdeep/Undermountain plot line.

Hoping for improvements...
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Maybe they will have the Temple of Eilistraee Completed in Waterdeep by the time they add it into the game!
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Well, if Ravenloft isn't a multipart story, bringing up another temple would be a cool idea.