test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ravenloft

Have they announced a release date for ravenloft for console yet?

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Have they announced a release date for ravenloft for console yet?

Nope, but we can expect it will be somewhere in the 6 to 10 weeks after PC range. Best guesses would be late August or early September. The announcement is usually around 30 days before release, so a good chance the announcement will occur towards the end or after Summerfest.
  • Options
    shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Soon(TM).
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

How do you get there? Will someone talk to you in protectors enclave and you get the questline?

When Ravenloft goes live on Console, you'll be able to get a quest from Lord Neverember in Protector's Enclave if you're level 70.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    You console players really have something to look forward to...it actually seems the developers have learned a bit from past mistakes or listened to player complaints, at least.
    • The hunts in Barovia are a massive improvement over the hunts in Chult. Controllable difficulty/reward level, poaching is no longer an issue, and no more mindless grinding of thousands of mob groups to get the lures you want. Hunts are also now the perfect group/social activity.
    • The campaign itself is short - not excessive, boring grind like SoMI.
    • The final dungeon is a good challenge - takes a bit of effort to learn to handle it properly, but success depends on how well players can play their class and use/avoid the mechanisms (well, and to a certain degree, their gear, of course). It is not a question of how good your hand-eye coordination is or how bad your lag is, like CoDG was at first.
    Ravenloft is not perfect - the storyline is a bit weak, and the number of seals you get for completing CR is rather low IMO, but overall, yes...I consider this the best mod in quite a while.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    abysstic1#7048 abysstic1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    This is encouraging. Game mechanics aside Ravenloft is an iconic FR / D@D campaign setting. Buried deep in the ethereal plane it was meant to be driven by fear, tension, and dread. The ever present, almost sentient, mists leading the unlucky traveler into a classic tale of gothic horror. I was worried this would be translated into a game mechanic that was nothing but annoying, similar like what Chult turned into. Thank you for the heads up.
  • Options
    chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I would say at this time they are aiming to release Mod 14 to consoles on or around August 21 rst.
  • Options
    odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    just check the ingame calendar ;) At the point where no more listings are - this might be the time when Mod 14 will be released.
  • Options
    My guess is that the earliest we could see it is Sept 4th, but since the 3rd is a holiday, I would say Sept 11th. Traditionally, a new mod will drop on the Tuesday following a 2X XP weekend.
  • Options
    undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    It used to be that we could tell from the in game calendar, when the next mod came. The date that the listing ran out meant a new mod. But that changed, and now we have seen the calendar being carried over a few times. This means that we can't be certain as to when it is released.

I rather like the calendar being carried over though. I remember them releasing a new mod around April last year, where they then took advantage of us not being able to scout ahead in the calendar, (new mod meant new calendar), and putting in an AD event with only 2 days warning. We had no time to prepare.

At least now we can count on the events being carried over to the new mod.
  • Options

It used to be that we could tell from the in game calendar, when the next mod came. The date that the listing ran out meant a new mod. But that changed, and now we have seen the calendar being carried over a few times. This means that we can't be certain as to when it is released.

I rather like the calendar being carried over though. I remember them releasing a new mod around April last year, where they then took advantage of us not being able to scout ahead in the calendar, (new mod meant new calendar), and putting in an AD event with only 2 days warning. We had no time to prepare.

At least now we can count on the events being carried over to the new mod.

You can still tell from calendar. They added the 2X XP event to end on Sept 4th, so the new mod will drop on Sept 4th. New mods drop 6-8 weeks after pc and on the Tuesday after a 2X XP event. When those two things match up, the mod will drop barring any new gamebreaking bugs. I wasn't sure if it would be the 4th or 11th until the 2X XP was finally added.
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    any date on the new expedition pack?
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    famine#4260 famine Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Just hit 70 on my PC toon. Was 3.9k ilvl with the free companion. I was able to do the intro quest with only one death. The rewards took me to 7.5k ilvl. This is great for new players.
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

any date on the new expedition pack?

best guess if its like the first pack they came out wit for mod13 (2 weeks before release)ima say second to last week of august at the early bird discount of 7500 zen then wen mod 14 hits itll go to 10000 zen. but thats jus my best guess goin off what happened with the last mod
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    aight so ravenloft hits on the 28th...... when does the expedition pack hit??? we are getting it right? just like pc...... if its same as the other pack that hit with mod 13 2wks brfore so my best guess is smetime next weeek or so but some clarifaction would be nice if any official info is known or availible thanksl