test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adventure packs [Merged threads]

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
edited June 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Remove adventure packs from all lockboxed now. No one wants them. There were already other packs from which to obtain upgrade tokens or cubes of augmentation, so the upgrades to the "howling" adventure pack do not redeem it.

As long as there is a chance of receiving items that are worthless to an endgame level 70 character from a lockbox, players will feel angry and cheated and many will, like me, refuse to open the new boxes at all.

Just get rid of them. It's the obvious thing to do and it's a mystery to all players why you haven't done it already.

Moderator edited title after thread merge.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I cant really give any constructive feedback on this one other than to say its really quite out of order - unless I am missing something?

Opened my daily box today and to my utter horror, surprise and mystification I was granted 3 Genie's Gift.

I have come across the vendors who offer stuff for these Genie's Gifts but never had any.

For a level 70 who has completed all the campaigns what is the point of this? Also why make it bound? Also where can I find out how many of these I have in my possession?

For the love of the game really this felt like the ultimate kick in the teeth - come on this surely isn't an acceptable reward for some real life money paid?

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Use them on alts to help get through campaigns faster. Started SKT last week on my DC with 24 Genie's Gifts in his pocket. Just have the rep to get for the last boon.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    It's still useful if it's at least account bound - fire it off to an alt. Granted, if it's coming out of a lockbox, though, it should be unbound.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I won't say this is a new low (not new and not lowest) because some older lockboxes had only 1 Genie's gift.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Its good to use on an alt who didn't grind DR much. A good source of vanguard scripts for lair keys on double-enchant days. You get a double SES drop and that is like 40K there.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Also can be used for donations to guild coffers, if your guild still need campaign currencies.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

if it's coming out of a lockbox, though, it should be unbound.

Agreed. You should not be getting bound genies gifts from a lockbox at all. If they came from a LB, you should be able to post them on the auction house.
  • Options
    I have some genies gifts that are BtA. Pretty sure I got them from a lockbox. Normally I don't use them myself because I'd rather get the AD for it and just grind out whatever currency I need for keys.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I have 3 BtA genies gifts that came from the rewards cache:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10816804-pick-up-your-omu-treasure-cache!

These are the only BtA genies I have ever received in neverwinter. I recalled them because when I got them all I could think was "Really, I can't even stack these with the rest of my gifts. Guess I either use them now or be stuck with these in my bags until I remember there are 3 random gifts floating around. Thanks devs."

Needless to say I forget them for a few weeks but I just used them this weekend for the double dread currency event (XB) and I was amused that the game took my unbound gifts first before I realized it hadn't used the silly 3 BtA gifts.
  • Options
    Ah, yes, I remember that to be the case now.

Needless to say I forget them for a few weeks but I just used them this weekend for the double dread currency event (XB) and I was amused that the game took my unbound gifts first before I realized it hadn't used the silly 3 BtA gifts.

It's always annoying that when I have bound and un-bound versions of something, I have to play the "hide the unbound item in another toon's bank" to make sure the bounded one gets consumed.
  • Options
    To be honest I couldn't even find the Genies Gifts in my inventory to do much with them anyhow [such as email them to another character] - that's part of my moan about them
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    Please considering removing trash from lockboxes. The RNG on them is bad enough without having a high likely hood of getting items that can be crafted in game. I am of course referring to the adventurer pack.

I have played this game since MOD 2 and never gotten anything good from a lock box. Since VIP I have subscribed and opened hundreds of lockboxes and still not seen a legendary mount and only a handful of purples (artifact, mount, or companion). While I can't really complain about my person RNG issues I can certainly voice an opinion that something like adventurer pack is really kind of slapping your paying customers in the face.

It seems fair to only ask to remove the trash item, we already have a semi trash item of trade bars, at least that has a cumulative use. Tradebar jackpot and genie gifts seem to be fine as the lowest of rewards. Personally I still think the stronghold boxes is a bit light for reward but i'd rather see that than a bag full of potions and other nearly worthless items.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Well, Adventurer Pack is still in the just announced m.14 updated Glorious Resurgence Lockbox...

:(

I've still got plenty of old lockboxes pre-m13 saved up to work through.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Genie gifts shouldn't be included, they are b+ll+cks to be honest.
  • Options

Not if you have characters that haven't been through a campaign yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sevenout76#2693 sevenout76 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Genies gifts and tradebars are both extremely valuable if you know how to use them properly you just have to think outside the box a little
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Not if you have characters that haven't been through a campaign yet.
    They are if you dont want to go through a campaign again on an alt :wink:
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I think the feedback was clear when you introduced the adventurer packs in the last lockbox and now you are continuing with them in the new undying lockbox. I personally will not be opening this lockbox. I will continue to open stockpiled merchant prince's lockboxes.

EDIT: Ok I looked closer at it. It says this one contains companion upgrade tokens and cubes of augmentation so this particular adventure pack might not suck as badly as long as you are guaranteed at least a couple upgrade tokens instead of just a chance of upgrade tokens.
  • Options
    Yep. Just merchant prince boxes for me. I'm not going to participate in being cheated, thanks, but fortunately I don't have to.

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    The new ones are better than the last!
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    The new ones are a million times better than the previous ones.

They're still, like the fashion packs, a booby prize that costs you your lockbox key and gives stuff you don't want.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Players didn't like the Adventurer and the Fashion Packs...
    Let's just place both in one new lockbox!
    :|
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

The new ones are better than the last!

If the dog stops having diarrhea on the carpet, and starts dropping solid waste... that's an improvement. Doesn't mean he deserve a cookie.
  • Options

No one wants them.

It is interesting how you feel you are qualified to speak for everyone. Okay, so you don't want them. That does not mean that those items are not appreciated by someone in the game.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    thought we shouldnt get those adventure packs anymore, now i got few of them from ravenloft boxes. why they are back? someone not being honest or misunderstood?

invokings, daily vip and these specific adventure packs are seriously need complete overhaul and not well liked.
    in past posting, i ask for small amount of ID scrolls, but now these are too much and too many, i work hard to use up the scrolls and now getting overwhelmed. most doesnt want endless daily scrolls.
    just my opinion, when we use prayer invoking, getting 10-15 scrolls would be on selective invoking line ups instead of being overflooded.
    now i had to skip looting the scrolls on the ground.

also, profession nodes need overhaul, i personally believe should only found in dungeons instead in all overland zones, reason why they got nerfed due to harvest farmer, so easy to get without risks. i was surprised it got nerfed and instead of taking out from overlands. take out endless respawn from specific zone, you gather once and gone until revisit the dungeons.

as others said, it was little better

100 scrolls seem way too excessive. i am happier if i get 25 instead of 100. that would be enough for 2-3 days to id some loots and use up.

anyway, i love that new refine gem packs in zen market, best one, let work on affordable coalenscene wards, it seem too deep for a single ward and it is just pixels to me.
    i would like to see a new "weekly", 4x times a month choice, pick a ward, and next week we pick other 2nd item until monthly VIP expired. we have daily or spend to renew each month and get 1 bound coal ward, if someone spend 3 to 6 month, they get 1 a month until 3-6 months are up. if anyone likes some ideas.

sorry for having too many thoughts.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

No one wants them.

It is interesting how you feel you are qualified to speak for everyone. Okay, so you don't want them. That does not mean that those items are not appreciated by someone in the game.
    The convenient thing about public threads is that if such people existed, they'd have the opportuniyt to speak up. They haven't. QED.

Go troll someone else please.

• Options
    The forums are and always have been the vocal minority and not a reflection of the game as whole.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    could easily be fixed by changing the pack contents?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Multiple threads regarding the topic of the Adventure Packs in lockboxes have been merged into this thread.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png