test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chapter 4 of Gauntylgrim Questline

It seems impossible to solo thus unless playing a Paladin. This chick is so tough to solo as a GF. All her spells either burn your hp or steal your hp. My epic companion died in two hits from her.

I have no friends and tend to solo. Why is the chick like a Roided Bipedal Beholder?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Candelaria? Depends on your level. Had issues with her on 2 characters. The others tended to smash her fairly fast.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Hmm, it's been a long time since I've played that, but I seem to remember thinking she was much harder on melee characters. Can't remember for sure, but yeah, I seem to remember different characters having harder or easier times like Greywynd said.

Edit: Heh, this piqued my curiosity, so I gave it a whirl on my low-geared OP to refresh my memory. She can be hard on melee characters because you're punished if you try to keep attacking her the whole time. When she casts the red zone spell around her, you need to get away from her. It does drain HP, you just need to stop attacking and stay away until it's over. Just be patient and leave her alone while that's going on and you should be fine.
    Post edited by pterias on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I don't remember she gave me any problem. I had 6 characters went through that. However, I don't have a GF. My characters have either good life steal (GWF, TR, HR) or can self heal (DC, SW, OP).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I tried and failed on a GF about 10 times from memory, cant remember my iL at the time but it was under the old system. I asked in Protectors Enclave and a kind soul helped me out and we smashed her to pieces in about 30 seconds.

There is that other quest where you have to stay inside the Clerics circle going down the hill which was also impossible to solo as a GF - again I asked in PE and got help and smashed it.

Its interesting that I enjoyed the fact that I could so so nearly solo most content which is why I tried and tried to do it alone - like Biggrin and the Ice Giant Lady [Dufus?]. Its good to have a challenge :smile:

Oh and soloing that small vampire dwarf with the spiky armour on took a few goes as well - nice content.

My advice would be keep levelling up those items and try again or just ask for help - usually someone will help out
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Pain in the butt till you get the hang of it but keep at it you can do it.
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Candelaria is tougher at higher levels, part of the map scaling. If you take her on between level 60 and 64, she an be beaten solo. Attacking her was strategic shots from a distance to up close melee. When your PC is 65 or higher, it will take a pair to bring her down, with alternating attack distance.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    wd1966 said:

Candelaria is tougher at higher levels, part of the map scaling. If you take her on between level 60 and 64, she an be beaten solo. Attacking her was strategic shots from a distance to up close melee. When your PC is 65 or higher, it will take a pair to bring her down, with alternating attack distance.

I don't know, both my TR (specced into maximum stealth, which takes its toll on my DPS) and my GF (tanking spec with tons of knockbacks and stuns) were able to tackle her alone at level 70. My IL was somewhere in the 7-8k range, which is pretty easy for a fresh 70 without a high-end guild.

(Funnily enough, the TR managed to sneak his way through the Chult intro quest before I figured out how to gear him up - I must have been somewhere in the 3-5k range back then, but most enemies can't kill what they can't see, so I was able to whittle them down over time…)
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    dalolorn said:

wd1966 said:

I don't know, both my TR (specced into maximum stealth, which takes its toll on my DPS) and my GF (tanking spec with tons of knockbacks and stuns) were able to tackle her alone at level 70. My IL was somewhere in the 7-8k range, which is pretty easy for a fresh 70 without a high-end guild.
    This was my experience on my ranger, paladin, and warlock.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I did it today with a chaos wizard, and it wasn't hard. I've completed the Elemental Evil chapter, and am fairly far along in dread ring, fairy land, and with the dragons, which all helped. Also my item level's in the mid 9000s. The 420 gear that we're getting this week should help, and I was able to pick up some nice stuff off the auction house. (And one of my guild mates turned me on to the Osterian rings.)
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    swamarian said:

I did it today with a chaos wizard, and it wasn't hard. I've completed the Elemental Evil chapter, and am fairly far along in dread ring, fairy land, and with the dragons, which all helped. Also my item level's in the mid 9000s. The 420 gear that we're getting this week should help, and I was able to pick up some nice stuff off the auction house. (And one of my guild mates turned me on to the Osterian rings.)

Chultan rings are better, IMO. Also, if you have enough Seals of the Protector stockpiled, you can get better gear than the anniversary 420s from the seal vendor in Protector's Enclave. (It needs to be empowered with Voninblod to retain full effectiveness, but even without Voninblod it still hits 420.)