test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.95.20180306e.18

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10903493

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    'The Bile Drenched Scale can now properly drop in the appropriate circumstances.
    Certain players who should have received one, but didn't, will receive a new one when they log in.'

\o/

'The way companions acquire targets has been reworked on a large scale to hopefully reduce the occurrences of them running off and starting fights.'

\o/

'Fizz Fizz Bang Bang (Alchemy) can now properly be completed.'

\o/

What's Hellfire Bulette?! O.o I want one!!!
    FrozenFire
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Thanks for the comp fix. Was wondering if I was going to have to get a leash.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Ye agree with comp, great news. Also fizz bang, at last I can complete it.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    The way companions acquire targets has been reworked on a large scale to hopefully reduce the occurrences of them running off and starting fights.

Hallelujah. Fingers crossed that it works.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Chitters' Fangs: while it is good to fix multi-procing, why so long internal cooldown? You again jumped from broken state right to making the gear pointless.
  • lipasgutom1lipasgutom1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I been running for a week on tong 5 to 10 run a day. but im not getting any ues .
    I dont know if drop rate is very low or my luck i pretty bad .
    But this thing for sure is getting in my nerv and i dont like it specially this coming mod.
    I been playing this game for almost five years and trying to build my toons with sweat and blood and this what we have to get .
    I feel we are being force to accept everytime change like this.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    For clarification about the scale...

After looking into it further, we are planning on giving a Bile Drenched Scale to anyone who: killed the Tyrant, doesn't already have a Bile Drenched Scale, and doesn't have the chain of scales at rank 6 or 7.

This should just show up in the character's inventory after they log in when the fix to the bug goes live.

My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Chitter fang multi proc fix is good.

HOWERVER, Changing the internal cooldown to 10 seconds is a bit much. It should not be more than 3 - 5 seconds cooldown. Why? With a 10 second cooldown this item cannot contend with Mane of the Manticore.
    You have killed the Chitter fang and raised the value of Manes x 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    tested and confirmed...

Manes of the manticore cooldown is 30 seconds.
    Thus potentially you can use to every 30 seconds if your recovery is high enough.
    Let's assume you have 150,000 hp... this means you can do 75,000 damage bonus every 30 seconds.
    (manes does 50% total hp as damage)

Now back to the nerfed Chitter Fang and the 10 second cooldown.
    With the same assumed hit points (hp) of 150,000 you will do a bonus 7,500 every 10 seconds
    Multiply that x3 to equal the total number of seconds of manes of manticore and you are at a maximum damage of 22,500.

75,000 > 22,500 by far.

Not a good move at all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ellerymikalellerymikal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    As others, annoyed about Chitters. Having it on OP is now useless (due to tab-taunt = almost instant encounter refresh) - just glad I got my Mane on my OP before the patch.

Other than that:

New home page looks great! Thanks. Whoever did the redesign deserves treats.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Nice, thnx for fixing my hat. Now I feel virtuous again.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Others have covered the chitters issue, 10 seconds is far too long, BUT

"The White Owlbear mount is now Bound to Account from all sources." This is the most disgraceful fix ever and there's been quite some competition. Lazy, doing the easy fix rather than the right one.

I quite deliberately spent extra real money to get an unbound one (as SPECIFICALLY advertised on the promotion) which I intended to give to a friend once he returned to the game after getting the money to rebuild his PC which had died. He ended up being out of the game for a loooong time, and by the time he came back it was suddenly bound. Changing this to bound account doesn't help, I have 2 purple mounts on every character (founder and zen) and a third on any that want it (siege) so the owlbear is utterly useless to me.

@nitocris83 this is basically false advertising and fraud, fix this properly and give those of us who spent real money on this what we paid for.

Edit, I've just found the other thread with details that you can file a ticket and get the bind status changed back. REALLY needed a link to it in the patch notes.
    Post edited by minotaur2857 on
    [5/17 9:02] [Combat (Self)] Your Manticore's Mane Bite deals 43413 (78252) Lightning Damage to Çrumb.

[5/17 9:02] [Combat (Self)] Your Manticore's Mane Bite deals 21706 (78252) Lightning Damage to Çrumb.

still double procs... up to 5 times in a row...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    some great changes here. when can we expect this on console?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Companions
    The way companions acquire targets has been reworked on a large scale to hopefully reduce the occurrences of them running off and starting fights.

I can't really see a change in behaviour with for example Faithful Initiate, sometimes she goes straight into melee range vs. enemies especially "bosses", other times she runs away from rather weak enemies like a headless chicken, while attracting more enemies to the fight allready going on.

This makes no sense, since her abilities seem to have a rather decent range...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!