test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

216 Omuan Treasure Caches (Patrol Rewards)

archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
Zero +4 rings.
Zero +5 rings.

Need I say more?
Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Like in other places where RNG is involved, very streaky results. I usually open them in batches. If I don't see a purple result in four or five tries, I stop. Once I got three +4 gravestrikers on five opens.
  • Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I use the same method of namelesshero and i've take 2 +4 on 10 opens.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Funnily enough I was going to ask whether the Omu treasure chests were worth pursuing - I think I have done about 20 and got two lizard masks and one + 3 ring and nothing much else.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I opened them in batches each week (6x 4 toons = 24 per week). It took me 3 weeks to get the rings I need 2x +4, 2x +5.

I agree that opening up big streaks of nothing appears to be a thing in this game. Short batches for everything (lockboxes too). If you want to add extra tin foil to your hat, go to an unpopulated map (my fav is weekly portal, but any number of outdated lairs serve well). My main keeps Makos' funeral ending map open for that purpose.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I have 2 +5 and many +4. I usually open 30+ boxes in one shot. Yes, I did not open anything for weeks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I just don't buy the RNG figures/methods NW is using on this.

On one hand a player is getting 0 / 216
    Another 4 / 75
    Another 2 / 10 [yes i know
    Another 3 / 5

I know the science of luck and probability and I know that this is too small a sample - but really whatever happened on the first OP opens [0/216] seems way out compared to the other figures quoted here.
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I uphold my theory that my account is cursed. I also uphold the theory that Neverwinter has a flawed RNG system. This second theory can never be proven or dis-proven since Cryptic will never allow the players to know any details concerning how they determine 'random results'.

My theory of flawed RNG is the Schrodinger's Cat of Neverwinter. We can never truly know if it is or isn't flawed because Cryptic will never open the box for us to see.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    @archangelzorak01 to create a more extensive number of tentative you can try to open the chest on preview and report on this post number and drop you receive.
    I've on my account 1 pg with 20 chest, i will try to open on preview and report my statistic.