*NOTE* CS will honor requests that come in between May 17th-June 20th. Please submit your request during that timeframe
As some folks have brought up, there was a change in binding for the White Owlbear mount on Neverwinter PC. Initially, we released this mount as part of a Charge Rewards promo, and it was Bind on Equip. About a year later, a separate promotion also used this mount as a reward. Due to an issue with that promotion, an exploit was discovered in which players could claim a potentially infinite number of these owlbears.
In order to prevent the exploiters from rapidly flooding the economy with owlbears and devaluing the ones that players legitimately claimed, we decided to stop the bleeding (figuratively) by binding White Owlbear mounts - initially to character, and then to account.
This binding unfortunately affected all White Owlbear mounts, not just the ones that were gained via exploitation. And, regardless of action taken on exploiting accounts, there are more White Owlbear mounts out there than there should be.
So, here's what we're doing:
- The White Owlbear mount will remain Bound to Account.
- We will provide our Customer Support team a list of all accounts who earned the White Owlbear mount as part of the November 2016 Charge Rewards promo.
- Anyone who submits a ticket to CS requesting BoE White Owlbears, and is on that list of accounts, will have their White Owlbears replaced with a BoE version (if they weren't already put in the character's stable).
What we ask of you:
- Please move any Owlbears you want to replace into your main inventory (instead of your bank, mail, guild bank, etc).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If any were placed in a guild bank or mail, please make sure to claim them on the account that initially earned them.
- If you earned White Owlbears as part of the November 2016 Charge Rewards promo, and want any Bound (to character or account) versions replaced with unbound versions, please contact Customer Support. (Even if you have already contacted them.)
- Please put "White Owlbear replacement request" in the subject line of your ticket.
- Please include in the ticket how many you want replaced.
If you have character-bound versions and did not earn them as part of the November 2016 Charge Rewards promo, you can still contact CS to have them bound to account instead.
We appreciate your patience in the matter. This process requires a new build to go live, so at earliest, these requests can be fulfilled on Thursday, May 17
, after server maintenance.
The Neverwinter Team