test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Barovia Zone

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I wasn't able to solo the night terror either on my 16k DC. I got him down to half health but then it turned to daytime and he disappeared. Given enough time I would be able to kill it, yes. But maybe once we find the stuff to add silver to our weapons as the guy in the tavern says it will be easier to kill it.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    When it transitions into night, the voice should say "What a horrible night to have a curse" as a nod to Castlevania II :blush: !!
  • dcarney545#5895 dcarney545 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The quest tracker is not working the flag is being placed - No sparkles trail to follow on both maps?
    How do you fix this problem? thank for any info
  • dcarney545#5895 dcarney545 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Bug The quest tracker is not working the flag is being placed - No sparkles trail to follow on both maps?.
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Bug:

Encountering undying bosses throughout game... Can anybody else confirm whether or not boss fights (inside and outside of the Ravencroft campaign) become unresponsive when their HP hits zero and simply do not die?

For example, in a fight with Morlanth, she hits zero HP and just stands there not dying even though player's companion continues to attack. Player is forced to log out and then relog only to have to fight Morlanth all over again a second time.
    edited May 2018
    Bug:

Experienced having my character suddenly becoming naked upon receiving mission items in Barovia. This affected both regular gear and fashion items. The only way I could fix the issue was to relog. Doesn't happen outside of Barovia.

Scarecrows seem unusually tough compared to other npcs regardless of the time of day. Its like I'm hitting them with a wet noodle.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

Repeatable quest "Tracking the Beast" is stalled on a "follow the tracks" stage. I've explored every inch of the blue circle on the map, and also explored down every path in the immediate area and nothing seems to trigger the quest to continue.

EDIT: After running around some more I managed to brute force a resolution to the quest by running into every wall in all the passages around the place where I was stuck. The end point is right against a rock wall opposite the clearing the final set of tracks run into. Unfortunately it's not at all clear that the tracks are heading in that direction, instead they appear to be heading left into the next clearing, and to trigger the boss fight I had to walk literally right against the wall. So you might want to expand the area that triggers the werewolf boss to spawn.

Very good feedback, making a bug report on that now, thanks!

M.K.

Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Bug:

Experienced having my character suddenly becoming naked upon receiving mission items in Barovia. This affected both regular gear and fashion items. The only way I could fix the issue was to relog. Doesn't happen outside of Barovia.

Scarecrows seem unusually tough compared to other npcs regardless of the time of day. Its like I'm hitting them with a wet noodle.

Had this same issue just after i used a vampire hunter kit...
    edited May 2018
    Bug:

Finished a hunt for the undead dire wolf, but the portal to complete the hunt did not appear. (If it did respawn, I did not see it graphically on my end.) I exited by another means... and the hunt automatically reset.

Perhaps if the hunt target dropped an item that is turned into the Npc, that would ensure a successful hunt competion... in this case, the undead dire wolf's pelt.

I've noticed my CPU and GPU running really hot while inside the Barovia zone. This isn't happening anywhere else in Neverwinter. I'm guessing that due to how detailed the Barovia map is, it might be an issue of too much on screen at one time. Could either reducing visibility by having more fog patches... or adding a tree detail slider/fog slider in settings help?

My computer specs (Yes, I know its "old"...):

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2,00 GHz. 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    8 GB DDR 3 RAM
    Radeon HD 6770M (with most recent drivers)
    Direct X 9c is also installed.
    USB-powered chill-mat also in use.

During fights that require fast switching between the Vampire Hunting Kit and regular Encounters, things get a little crazy. It is a nice idea and if this were being done with a game-pad, I could see it working without a hitch. However, with the keyboard - it is just too klunky. Perhaps if the kit could be slotted in the TAB slot instead of the potion slot?
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    When I have the Lights in the Darkness quest for the southwest camp I get two interact prompts: 1 is "Interact: Press F" and 2 is "Resupply Camp: Press F". I'm not sure if this is intended, but when that happens in the foundry I know I messed up!

In addition, when I attempt to deliver the supplies I get the red text saying "Requires Light in the Darkness". I have the quest, I'm at the right fire, and the supplies are in my inventory. I'm still able to complete it though.

Unrelated second bug: When Szolder Szoldarovich is explaing about the NIght Terror, the voice over says "Night Stalker"

The zone looks amazing. The music is very atmospheric. The trick with the mists turning us around is brilliant. Also, GAH! to your team for figuring out we should slow down in the water
    Post edited by melinden on
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • questrix#5623 questrix Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I think this is a bug. I am on a TR and when I am not moving, both mounted or unmounted, the screen scrolls in a 360 degree circle without me touching anything. I can't stop it. When I am moving, the screen scrolls to left or right when I am going straight.
    Unfortunately I am one of those players that gets motion sickness and this extraneous movement is making the test area very difficult to play. Just wondering if this is a new thing or something that is a bug.

The new area is gorgeous. Kudos to Patrick and his wonderful talents.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited May 2018

I think this is a bug. I am on a TR and when I am not moving, both mounted or unmounted, the screen scrolls in a 360 degree circle without me touching anything. I can't stop it. When I am moving, the screen scrolls to left or right when I am going straight.
    Unfortunately I am one of those players that gets motion sickness and this extraneous movement is making the test area very difficult to play. Just wondering if this is a new thing or something that is a bug.

The new area is gorgeous. Kudos to Patrick and his wonderful talents.

Seeing the same problem on my CW,so it probably isn't class specific.

I would also like to pass on my compliments to the artist(s) who have worked on the scenery in this new mod. I got to play it on my shiny new 4k monitor today and it was gorgeous with lots of detail :)

• jmcintyredev#3253 jmcintyredev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    melinden said:

When I have the Lights in the Darkness quest for the southwest camp I get two interact prompts: 1 is "Interact: Press F" and 2 is "Resupply Camp: Press F". I'm not sure if this is intended, but when that happens in the foundry I know I messed up!

In addition, when I attempt to deliver the supplies I get the red text saying "Requires Light in the Darkness". I have the quest, I'm at the right fire, and the supplies are in my inventory. I'm still able to complete it though.

Unrelated second bug: When Szolder Szoldarovich is explaing about the NIght Terror, the voice over says "Night Stalker"

The zone looks amazing. The music is very atmospheric. The trick with the mists turning us around is brilliant. Also, GAH! to your team for figuring out we should slow down in the water

Thank you for the feedback. I will report the bugs.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    I joined an undead HE that used the IWD Barbarian raider model ("Kill X doods, then defeat 'ambush' of Y more doods"). The voiceover told me I needed to "kill the barbarian raiders". The voiceover SHOULD have mentioned undead, not barbarian raiders.
    edited May 2018

Overload Slot Enchantment suggestions:
    -"Aspect of Garlic" to obtain a temporary buff against damage caused by vampires.
    -"Aspect of Wolfsbane" to obtain a temporary buff against damage caused by werewolves.
    -"Lathander's Tears" (a flower) to obtain a temporary buff against damage caused by undead.

Lesser versions could be crafted by collecting garlic, wolfsbane and Lathander's Tears from area harvest nodes. Greater versions could be random drops from area bosses.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

But maybe once we find the stuff to add silver to our weapons as the guy in the tavern says it will be easier to kill it.

There is a merchant ( only daytime) where you can buy holy water etc. for your kit. This will help to kill nightterror if your DPS isnt enough. One place i know is near the tempted gate and one is at the place where you have the quest where you must find the marks. Next time when i see him, i will give better cordinates.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2018

BUG: Lighting the Fires (Weekly)(Repeatable)
    I have the supplies for the 4 fires. When I get close to an unlit camp, it says it requires "Light in the Darkness." I can get the quest to accept lighting the fire if I move around the area. But it does not light properly.

When you are doing hunts and there is one that spawns close to the log bridge, my Con Artist companion always falls down into the ravine. I have to fight the monster up the trail, further from the bridge, to get my companion from being in the ravine.

The weekly "Company of Wolves" only gives 5 Omens. Other similar weekly quests from other campaigns would give 25
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2018

BUG: Not sure if this is mentioned yet, but the quest "Company of Wolves" gets stuck if you kill the pack leaders before you save all of the prisoners (end of the quest). It will keep asking for you to kill the pack leaders (which you already did)...

I was able to abort the mission via the help menu (no VIP to leave the instance) and when I rescued the prisoners first, everything went just fine (twice, apparently you have to do the weekly double the first time).
    Post edited by rainer#8575 on
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    The crops growing in the cursed meadows make it very difficult to see loot dropped by anything you might fight there, I can't see the loot bag or the glow from it.

It's the kind of thing that I used to be able to switch off by un-cheking "Show high detail objects" in the graphics options, but around mod 13 that seems to have been changed and no longer works. Now visually cluttered zones like Soshenstar river have lots of ferns on the floor that hide loot/interactibles - and the problem seems to have been inherited by Barovia to a degree,
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

The crops growing in the cursed meadows make it very difficult to see loot dropped by anything you might fight there, I can't see the loot bag or the glow from it.

It's the kind of thing that I used to be able to switch off by un-cheking "Show high detail objects" in the graphics options, but around mod 13 that seems to have been changed and no longer works. Now visually cluttered zones like Soshenstar river have lots of ferns on the floor that hide loot/interactibles - and the problem seems to have been inherited by Barovia to a degree,

I may be crazy, but I actually LIKED that! I like the tall crops obscuring view of enemies and treasure. That way, while you're blindly digging around for something that dropped, you can get jumped by a bunch of baddies you didn't know were there. :scream:

Of course I may be biased from years of playing pretend in fields as a kid. :wink:
    edited May 2018

There is a merchant ( only daytime) where you can buy holy water etc. for your kit. This will help to kill nightterror if your DPS isnt enough. One place i know is near the tempted gate and one is at the place where you have the quest where you must find the marks. Next time when i see him, i will give better corrdinates.

I have seen the merchant twice. Both times I watched as they walked to their selling spot. They are a non descript short fat NPC waddling along. Then they stop and start to sell their gear.

He was at the gate to Strahd's Castle. If you are facing the castle, then he is on the left in a small clearing on the ridge line. He sells 4 things. The three items for your vampire kit and Wychwood, a reagent used in the restoration of the sunsword The Silvering Kit gives you 200% extra damage for 20 seconds, 400% against the Night Terror. Holy Water kills minions and stuns creatures for 5 seconds. It slows bosses and the Night Terror by 25% for 10 seconds. The Morninglord Lantern heals nearby allies 5% per second for 10 seconds and scares off the Night Terror.

Second location of merchant is in a hidden spot at (1827, 649). It is up a small hidden path from the water in the Ruins of Berez area. There is a large patch of violet flowers in the area and on the slope of the hidden path. The merchant hides from view behind a rock.

The merchant moves about every 5 minutes.
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    The doll head and the wine miniquest should give a little campaing currency. Otherwise, at least let me drink the high-fashion wine :D
  • jmcintyredev#3253 jmcintyredev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer

The doll head and the wine miniquest should give a little campaing currency. Otherwise, at least let me drink the high-fashion wine :D

I agree, we will look into this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
    edited May 2018
    melinden said:

I looked at it further and it seems you can move your targeting reticle over option 2 and press "F" to complete the quest. It seems to be giving you an option popup, but this should probably be behind the scenes code
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533 could we please have a couple of mannequins to test DR for the area and dungeon like we had on port nyanzaru?
  • merodesmerodes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I assume, this is the right feedback thread for this:

Not sure, if it's intentional, but I've never had any drops from Hell Hounds so far. No gold, no treasures, no cards, no green gear, no whatsoever. The only drops i had, were from my enchantments (dragonhoard, fey, QM)
    EDIT: i can confirm, they don't reward XP either.

During the quest 'Pack of Lies' I had to kill Emil and Zuleika twice. The first time, when they turned into werewolves and a second time at the end.
    Post edited by merodes on
This discussion has been closed.