test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2018

regenerde said:

Even if they waste time and money on finding those kind of "banking" guilds... what are the GMs going to do?

Maybe ban the related accounts, permanently removing the AD wealth in there from the economy?
    Ban for what? Playing the game?

Not to mention the HAMSTER that's going to cause, when family members are getting banned for helping out other family members with something...

Anyway, i'm also not seeing how this change is going to improve anything for new players. And if they keep going down this road, they're going to need every single new player they can get into the game.

HAMSTER filter manually applied by moderator.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited June 2018

How do you detect a private guild bank? If one creates 10 accounts with 2 characters each and join a guild, how do you know it is a private guild bank without some time consuming detective work?

They probably have systems to identify possible AD sellers. I don't it would be too hard to enhance them to identify possible accounts being used this way.
    regenerde said:

Even if they waste time and money on finding those kind of "banking" guilds... what are the GMs going to do?

Maybe ban the related accounts, permanently removing the AD wealth in there from the economy?
    AD seller works through AH. It is easier to detect weird AH activity than finding a guild that appears doing something very normal. The false positive chance is too high. If a guild that has 20 accounts, how do you know all of them belong to one person? What if few of them are actually belong to other players who happen to join it without knowing?

You don't even need to use guild to move stuff. You can do mail.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

AD seller works through AH. It is easier to detect weird AH activity than finding a guild that appears doing something very normal.

Isn't it possible some AD sellers farm some of the AD themselves using multiple accounts? Catch some of them in the AH, then look for patterns in their other activities. A regular player farming on multiple accounts might exhibit similar patterns and get swept up.
    regenerde said:

Not to mention the shitstorm that's going to cause, when family members are getting banned for helping out other family members with something...

They look for patterns of abuse. The occasional family member swaps are not going to get picked up.

Don't underestimate them and think they are not looking for excuses to ban some very high value accounts with wealth from questionable sources. Doubt many people will shed a tear if those accounts got banned.

AD seller works through AH. It is easier to detect weird AH activity than finding a guild that appears doing something very normal.

Isn't it possible some AD sellers farm some of the AD themselves using multiple accounts? Catch some of them in the AH, then look for patterns in their other activities. A regular player farming on multiple accounts might exhibit similar patterns and get swept up.

Anything is possible. It is just time consuming and need human detectives.
    However, based on their previous effort, there were many false positive because they automated the process. As the result, many were falsely banned by the automated process. I was one of them. It took them 2 weeks to figure out and apologize.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2018

regenerde said:

Not to mention the HAMSTER that's going to cause, when family members are getting banned for helping out other family members with something...

They look for patterns of abuse. The occasional family member swaps are not going to get picked up.

Don't underestimate them and think they are not looking for excuses to ban some very high value accounts with wealth from questionable sources. Doubt many people will shed a tear if those accounts got banned.
    As allready mentioned by @plasticbat, they tried something similar in the past, and it backfired.

Besides, not everyone will accept an unreasonable ban without fighting back, this will get public rather quickly, the story might even get picked up by game blogs/webpages this time, and it will prevent new players from giving the game a chance in the end.

And don't think that only a few "unwanted" people might leave the game for good, their family and friends might also start looking for something new to play... it's like an house of cards, remove the wrong one and the whole structure will collapse.
    Want to know why?
    edited June 2018

Anything is possible. It is just time consuming and need human detectives.
    However, based on their previous effort, there were many false positive because they automated the process. As the result, many were falsely banned by the automated process. I was one of them. It took them 2 weeks to figure out and apologize.

I remember that day. My friends list was fairly active back then. On that day and for the next few days after, there was only one or two guys on if someone was on. I was like, "where is everybody?" Eventually some of them came back. Sadly, most of them have left since, presumably for some other reason.

I'm sure they learned their lesson from that fiasco and changed their process. A more time consuming review process probably means higher value accounts will be prioritized.
    regenerde said:

As allready mentioned by @plasticbat, they tried something similar in the past, and it backfired.

Besides, not everyone will accept an unreasonable ban without fighting back, this will get public rather quickly, the story might even get picked up by game blogs/webpages this time, and it will prevent new players from giving the game a chance in the end.

Don't assume this means they just give up and do nothing. They will collect more data and have a better review process to ensure their bans are more precise.

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    regenerde said:

Besides, not everyone will accept an unreasonable ban without fighting back

Many people won't even accept a reasonable nerf or reward change. It will seem unreasonable to them simply because it affects them negatively. And when people are angry, they'll say the worse things, embellish, insult, etc. Imagine what it will be like when people are singled out and banned? So you're right. There's just no good way to implement something like that.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

IMHO, what's going to happen is that in the short-medium term, AD earning will decline significantly for semi-serious players.

I think you are way off base here.

We can agree that casual players will not be affected. If you play only a single character, and do not reach 100K rAD/day today on the average nothing will change.

We can also agree that if your main source of AD is rAD from running RQs on multiple alts, you will be affected - either because of the 100K limit, or because you get the reduced daily bonuses from secondary alts.

However, for many "semi-serious" players, rAD is simply not their main source of income - there is also AD income from the AH. and for many people (like myself), that is a very significant part of their income. Each "15% off anything" (or refinement) voucher is basically 170.000 AD in pure profit right now - selling of refinement stones or unbound drops from dungeons can provide a very significant income and then there is masterwork, which can also be quite profitable.

Yet, there will be some players that will be affected, but perhaps they should just focus on alternative sources of income. I don't really have much sympathy for people running armies of undergeared and underskilled alts through random queues - in some cases they just make the game harder for everyone else.

Anyhow, the changes will mean less AD entering the system, and that is IMO a good thing - a bit of deflation should bring AH prices down, and maybe even make the Zen/AD rate drop below 500.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • laughingchampionlaughingchampion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Making professions useful and not obsolete as the are now is a great way to take AD off the market. As it stands, professions are for the most part useless. I started playing the game when professions was THE way to get the best gear in the game. It gave me incentive to level up in several professions. I had to level up my armor to make a good set, then another to make the best rings in-game, then black ice to improve the armor I had made, etc. All of these steps can take AD and however much you think will help keep the AD stable in the market. At the same time making an entire element of the game valid again that is now completely useless--unfortunately since I really like the professions concept.

Speaking of upsetting the players. I had put so much time into making and black ice upgrading my armor over literally months (including upgrading the professions required to do so) only to have a mod come out with armor that made my hard, hard earned/created armor instantly obsolete. How about instead give me a way to upgrade my armor comparable to whatever new armor you make in the next mod. Let me through professions and even a lot of AD upgrade it so that I can build on what I have worked for so long, instead of a sucker punch to the gut.

The game is fun, thanks for making it :smile:

Making professions useful and not obsolete as the are now is a great way to take AD off the market. As it stands, professions are for the most part useless. I started playing the game when professions was THE way to get the best gear in the game. It gave me incentive to level up in several professions. I had to level up my armor to make a good set, then another to make the best rings in-game, then black ice to improve the armor I had made, etc. All of these steps can take AD and however much you think will help keep the AD stable in the market. At the same time making an entire element of the game valid again that is now completely useless--unfortunately since I really like the professions concept.

Speaking of upsetting the players. I had put so much time into making and black ice upgrading my armor over literally months (including upgrading the professions required to do so) only to have a mod come out with armor that made my hard, hard earned/created armor instantly obsolete. How about instead give me a way to upgrade my armor comparable to whatever new armor you make in the next mod. Let me through professions and even a lot of AD upgrade it so that I can build on what I have worked for so long, instead of a sucker punch to the gut.

Did you check out Masterwork? That seems to cover what you want especially about the part about "even a lot of AD ...".
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Did you check out Masterwork? That seems to cover what you want especially about the part about "even a lot of AD ...".
    But doesn't a player have to be a member in a higher level guild to do Masterwork professions...

What about the players who don't want to join a guild or are faithful to building up a lower level guild and don't want to leave?

It seems unless a player is willing or able to find a higher level guild and submit to their requirements to remain a member, professions do (for all practical purposes) becomes obsolete for a great many players in Neverwinter.

Not every player wants to sacrafice their autonomy or leave a guild they are already a member of just so they can have Masterworks professions capability.
    *One of the flaws in the system IMO... Being forced to join a MW level guild or you're SOL for the higher level, more useful professions.

And I agree the compensation rate for having to trash gear and artifacts that took a lot of time and effort to level up seems a bit undervalued...

I think it tends to discourage anyone from going through the time and effort to upgrade the next set of armor/artifacts/whatever, when most of us have prior experience that sooner or later all of that hard work and time will turn out to be an exercise in futility, because eventually a newer and better set will be introduced. As previously experienced we'll have no way of upgrading what we've already worked so hard for and the compensation rate for trashing it (figuratively) what we have seems rather paltry compared to the time and effort it took to make it in the first place.

My 2¢
    Well, that would lead to a suggestion i've been trying to get through to the Devs since Strongholds were released upon the players... a small but fully functional Stronghold, even with access to the lowest rank of boons, should be made available through what the stronghold itself provides on it's own plus some Gold and AD from the players.

The whole building process could take more time to balance it, but at some point anyone could have a working Stronghold with at least a low set of boons.

Anyway, i still hope they come up with at least some tweaks based on the feedback given in here before they release the new module, but i doubt it...
    Want to know why?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    i agree with Adinosii, hopefully it would deflate the cost, as of now the price are insane overpriced.
    anyway, i still dont like it, but i see the wisdom behind for new cap changes. it would make AD bot runners frustrated with slow refine limit per day, just like STO's limited daily refine and it seem it was successful.

it ok to me, it takes 2 days for 5 alts to run those AD weekly quests to process 100k a day and rest of the days during a week would be good for salvaging runs. i would be sad for not having my alts on same pages, but on bright side, you can process leftover ADs next day.
  • Why not just make it to where everything is locked on the zen market from here on out the only items that you can sale are from the drops from dungeons and or skirmishes this would cut down on ad price and also cut down on the fact that the game would be more grindy to get stuff making that new best in slot mount more valuable because it cant be sold

Why not just make it to where everything is locked on the zen market from here on out the only items that you can sale are from the drops from dungeons and or skirmishes this would cut down on ad price and also cut down on the fact that the game would be more grindy to get stuff making that new best in slot mount more valuable because it cant be sold

If the BiS mount can't be sold, it is not valuable at all. When you open lockbox to hunt for a legendary mount X (got 0) and you keep getting legendary mount Y (say got 10), what can you do with that 10 Y? It will be even worse, when your friend got 10 X but 0 Y.
    wylonus said:

i agree with Adinosii, hopefully it would deflate the cost, as of now the price are insane overpriced.
    anyway, i still dont like it, but i see the wisdom behind for new cap changes. it would make AD bot runners frustrated with slow refine limit per day, just like STO's limited daily refine and it seem it was successful.

it ok to me, it takes 2 days for 5 alts to run those AD weekly quests to process 100k a day and rest of the days during a week would be good for salvaging runs. i would be sad for not having my alts on same pages, but on bright side, you can process leftover ADs next day.

As mentioned many times, this won't frustrate AD bot runner at all because they don't buy character slot.
    They will be very happy regarding the cap change.
    They create an account with 2 characters. At the moment, the combined refinement limit is 72K. In mod 14, it will be 100K.
    They will be the happy camper for the cap change.
    However, RQ earning will be dropped. They will not be happy on that change.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    regenerde said:

Well, that would lead to a suggestion i've been trying to get through to the Devs since Strongholds were released upon the players... a small but fully functional Stronghold, even with access to the lowest rank of boons, should be made available through what the stronghold itself provides on it's own plus some Gold and AD from the players.

The whole building process could take more time to balance it, but at some point anyone could have a working Stronghold with at least a low set of boons.

Anyway, i still hope they come up with at least some tweaks based on the feedback given in here before they release the new module, but i doubt it...

Actually you should remember that these days building a high level stronghold (lvl20) demands either a guild with large numbers of active players who can earn lot of campaign currencies and shards while they play OR large amounts of ADs. Less players you have more AD you need to compensate that. This in fact makes a GH constructing a huge AD sink. Just check stronghold vouchers prices on AH. So SH works as intended. Actually I wouldnt be suprised if there would be some changes in the future (like rising a guilds level or adding new features) to make that sink even bigger.

Besides if I remember well devs mentioned somwhere that thy are working on some kind of a system where not guilded player would be able to buy some lower level boons for himself from NPC to compensate not being a guild member. Next sink incoming then. (And if this is true we can expect another huge HAMSTERstorm incoming)

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    @adinosii if 170k AD is the 5% profit after AH cut, power to you. It means you are loaded in Zen to begin with and can risk the market crash if/when. I very much doubt that is characteristic of most players.

Also, your point emphasizes the problem with the proposed solution...the rich will still get rich/er and the cap change is... pointless? If everyone starts trading then devs will simply nerf the coupon drop rate. Then what?

People on xbox are not going to magically start buying more Zen. They will find ways to keep earning AD outside the cap, reduce spending, and/or stop playing. They pretty much already have.

Honestly, nothing in the reasoning provided for these changes makes any kind of sense. I'm kinda done thinking about it. Not getting paid to fix their problems. :-P
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

@adinosii if 170k AD is the 5% profit after AH cut, power to you.

That's not what I said. I said: Each "15% off anything" (or refinement) voucher is basically 170.000 AD in pure profit right now

The emphasis is on "right now".

Here is how it works:
    1. You convert 425.000 AD to Zen, getting 850 Zen
    2. When you get a voucher like "15% off anything", you use it to buy a coalescent ward for your 850 Zen.
    3. You put the Coalescent Ward up on the AH for 666.666 AD. After the AH cut, you get 600.000.
    4. Net profit 175.000 AD.
    Of course this only applies to the PC "right now", where the coalescent wards are currently trading for close to 700K AD, because the AD:Zen exchange is stuck at 500 and there are enough people with a "I want it now" mentality - that is, not willing to wait 20+ days to convert their AD to Zen, but are willing to pay a premium price for getting their Zen shop items right now.

If people could convert their AD to Zen right away, you would only have a 5% profit margin, yes....but I was talking about the current situation.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited June 2018
    gripnir78 said:

regenerde said:

Actually you should remember that these days building a high level stronghold (lvl20) demands either a guild with large numbers of active players who can earn lot of campaign currencies and shards while they play OR large amounts of ADs. Less players you have more AD you need to compensate that. This in fact makes a GH constructing a huge AD sink. Just check stronghold vouchers prices on AH. So SH works as intended. Actually I wouldnt be suprised if there would be some changes in the future (like rising a guilds level or adding new features) to make that sink even bigger.

Besides if I remember well devs mentioned somwhere that thy are working on some kind of a system where not guilded player would be able to buy some lower level boons for himself from NPC to compensate not being a guild member. Next sink incoming then. (And if this is true we can expect another huge HAMSTERstorm incoming)

I'm not writing about a high level Stronghold here, i'm suggesting to give all players access to a fully functional low level stronghold in time. The higher ranking boons would still be only available for high level guilds, but everyone else would at least have a realistic shot at getting the basics.

And even if they decide to offer similar boons to "lone wolfs", it's not going to help those in small guilds, unless they can buy the solo boons too and use them as long as there're no similar guild boons active.
    Besides, why even construct a new system (probably causing other issues in the process...) for this problem, when they could solve the situation by simply adjusting the resources needed to build certain ranks of stronghold buildings directly?

Anyway, anything new about changes on the AD topic?
    Want to know why?
    adinosii said:

That's not what I said. I said: Each "15% off anything" (or refinement) voucher is basically 170.000 AD in pure profit right now

The emphasis is on "right now".

Here is how it works:

1. You convert 425.000 AD to Zen, getting 850 Zen
    2. When you get a voucher like "15% off anything", you use it to buy a coalescent ward for your 850 Zen.
    3. You put the Coalescent Ward up on the AH for 666.666 AD. After the AH cut, you get 600.000.
    4. Net profit 175.000 AD.
    Yea its very nice profit. But since each zen you use this way is a zen you have to get back from the ZAX, I do this with pres wards. The net amount is lower, but the zen usage is much more efficient. You can make 30,000 AD with 85 zen instead of 170,000 with 850 zen.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Can't use PC math on Xbox market :D
    Our Zax has been at 420 for the last few days and coals are at 400k on AH and dropping. Maybe the incoming AD changes will help PC (though I very much doubt it) but xbox will suffer for it.
    Well thare are many differnt ways to earn AD in game, no matter if its trading, mastercrafting or whatever, Thing is, its all comes down to a point where all those profitable activities brings you AD, witch must be created from rADs by some1 else in game. If influx of those will diminish and number of ADs in the system would go down, all that activities would bring less profit as well.

But such approach can impact a game in many hardly predictable ways. In theory it should lead to lower prices. But no1 can tell how long it takes. And it could lead to situation where for example legendary mounts and other highly sought after items prices will reamin in place or gona go even higher as player will simply refuse to sell them lower. One thing is certain tho - those few players with huge amounts of AD already stashed in their banks will relatively become even reacher then they are now. I just want to remind you that 2 years ago, when according to @noworries there was 75% leass AD in a system a legendary mounts price was ąbout 30kk AD (premium quality items market rules apply here).

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

lowjohn said:

rafaelda said:

one thing i didnt see when in preview was if any "auto refine AD" function was implemented, that would help a lot people that don't play everyday...

PS. i will only be ablle to play in th preview server saturday, so i can't check for the answear myself till there...

That's already a VIP function.

Actually, that's an "everyone" feature, but it's kinda annoying. You have to go like 24 hours without refining your AD, and then the next time you log on, it will auto-refine. It will auto-refine every 24 hours as long as you do not manually do it. The feature doesn't require VIP. It does it for everyone, but most players just click the refine button manually as it's easier than waiting.
    So if i stop manualy refine raw ad and it start the auto refine sistem, it will auto refine each 24hrs or only when i login ?
    edited June 2018
    @regenerde

Every time you ask a question - Why would they.....bla bla bla, ask yourself a question first. - If its gona bring them more profit?
    If answer is yes - its resonable question. If ansewer is no... well you know the answer.

And thats exactly why they wont adjust SH prices. Small guilds simply have to spend AD or real money for shards boxes etc. They wont let that part of their income to go away. Sure they could make first few level chaeper - as a bait - but why bother? When, or more likely if at all, they gona do that its certainly gona be combined with some general SH rework witch gona make even bigger sinks out of them.

But to the point - I am not expecting any more devs statemant in this topic. Consider it done. Like with bondings. They will do it no matter what we gona type here, if they even bother to read that.

edited June 2018
    rafaelda said:

kreatyve said:

lowjohn said:

rafaelda said:

one thing i didnt see when in preview was if any "auto refine AD" function was implemented, that would help a lot people that don't play everyday...

PS. i will only be ablle to play in th preview server saturday, so i can't check for the answear myself till there...

Actually, that's an "everyone" feature, but it's kinda annoying. You have to go like 24 hours without refining your AD, and then the next time you log on, it will auto-refine. It will auto-refine every 24 hours as long as you do not manually do it. The feature doesn't require VIP. It does it for everyone, but most players just click the refine button manually as it's easier than waiting.
    So if i stop manualy refine raw ad and it start the auto refine sistem, it will auto refine each 24hrs or only when i login ?
    Only if you login the next day. I don't think it is about 24 hours but the 'switch' of the game day.
    My impression is whatever rAD I earned last night (lower than the cap, of course) is refined when I login in the morning. I can be wrong though because I don't pay too much attention to that.
    On the other hand, I don't do manual refine for months. It is way more than the "24 hours without (manual) refining" kreatyve talked about.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2018

rafaelda said:

kreatyve said:

lowjohn said:

rafaelda said:

Only if you login the next day. I don't think it is about 24 hours but the 'switch' of the game day.
    My impression is whatever rAD I earned last night (lower than the cap, of course) is refined when I login in the morning. I can be wrong though because I don't pay too much attention to that.
    On the other hand, I don't do manual refine for months. It is way more than the "24 hours without (manual) refining" kreatyve talked about.
    than it will not work for me, tks for the tip
    my problem is that i sometimes get 5to 7days worktrips with no internet so i was hopnig my extra raw ad would be already refined when i log back, this would allow me to refine more on that day, but is not the case...
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Wait... I am not allowed to make another account, buy VIP. Rank up a toon to level 70, equip it to itemlevel 13.000, so that it can run all 3 random queues, and then making my 100.000 AD each day on that account.

Then once a week not transfer the AD over. But buy stuff my main toon needs, like say a rank 13 enchantment and so on. Mailing it over after purchase.

That would be considered an exploit??? Are they serious!!!

I am NOT trying to exploit your game. I am simply playing catch up with the 17-18 k players, who won't take anything below level 17k. I am looking to be rewarded for my time spent grinding, with progress on my character. And I am looking for it without the people behind the game effectively placing a restriction on how fast I can achieve that.

Get real!!!

Wait... I am not allowed to make another account, buy VIP. Rank up a toon to level 70, equip it to itemlevel 13.000, so that it can run all 3 random queues, and then making my 100.000 AD each day on that account.

Then once a week not transfer the AD over. But buy stuff my main toon needs, like say a rank 13 enchantment and so on. Mailing it over after purchase.

That would be considered an exploit??? Are they serious!!!

I am NOT trying to exploit your game. I am simply playing catch up with the 17-18 k players, who won't take anything below level 17k. I am looking to be rewarded for my time spent grinding, with progress on my character. And I am looking for it without the people behind the game effectively placing a restriction on how fast I can achieve that.

Get real!!!

First, what you want to do is to workaround the limit they want to enforce. I am not saying your way is legal or illegal but you indeed try to get around their limitation they introduce to limit you.

Second, it does not explicitly state what you want to do is illegal in TOS.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms
    However, there is always:

"4.12 Please note that regardless of any notice, we reserve the right to discontinue the Service or to terminate or suspend your Account at any time in our sole discretion, for any reason, or for no reason."

Third, in my opinion, I don't think they will stop you but regardless, it is a grey area. Cryptic staff said various different things about this grey area in the past. I would say all these is "at your own risk".
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Oh my god! They could basically ban you for whatever reason they came up with. Or no reason apparently...

What a thing to write into your terms.
This discussion has been closed.