I posted this to the Neverwinter Facebook Page, and well, it got lost in the shuffle, so let's see if we can get more exposure and response here.
I recently had a chat with Lord Neverember about Neverwinter, and he suggested that I voice my opinion publicly so that other may hear and weigh in on the matters. Therefore, I am stepping forward as a frontman for all of the Adventurers of Neverwinter.
This goes out to all of the developers at Cryptic Studios, Perfect World North America, Perfect World Europe, Perfect World China, Wizards of the Coast, Blue Shift, The Neverwinter Game Team, and the powers that be at Arc Games.
Neverwinter was released on Xbox Console on March 31, 2015. I started playing on April 17, 2015. So, at this point, I’d consider myself as a Veteran Player. In the last three years, there have been many Modules released as the game has grown and evolved. Yet, to the dismay of your players, many basic and simple aspects of the game have not. For this reason, I have taken the tie to compile a list of some of those things, that you have either looked over, neglected, cast aside, or for whatever reason, chose to do nothing about. With that said, let’s start from the beginning, and by that, I mean when you first start the game up.
1. Since it’s release, we have had to sit and watch a splash screen of Valindra Shadowmantle. I never liked the choice of image for a splash screen to begin with, but the game more than made up for such a poor choice of an image. After playing the game, I determined the relevance of the image (still a poor choice). I will never forget the day that Strongholds was released on console. I downloaded the update, started the game, and there is the same splash screen. Over the years, and many new campaigns and storylines later, the game has grown and changed, but we are still subjected to seeing that disgusting image of Valindra when we start the game. I know computer programming, and it is not hard to change one line of code for that image. In fact, you don’t even have to change the code at all; just change the image. My personal suggestion would be an image that is in direct relation to the current module release.
2. We have seen character classes nerfed and even reworked. In fact, at one point you said that by the end of 2015 all classes would receive an overhaul. Unless, I missed something somewhere, what ever happened to the Great Weapons Fighter in all of this? Was this class left out? If it wasn’t I missed those Patch Notes.
3. In the beginning as you advanced through the game, you would fight and enemies would drop what most of us deemed generally worthless items, but at times, there might be a useful piece of equipment here and there. As you progressed through the game, so did the equipment drops. We graduated from Common to Uncommon, and up to Rare, at least until we hit level 70. At this point, it all came to not just an abrupt halt, but a complete waste of time and screen real estate to have these pieces scattered across the screen after a big fight. Not only were they worthless, but a complete waste of time to pick up. Herein lies the next place where you dropped the ball. If you were not going to give us epic drops of equipment that we could use for refinement with points to make it even with the trouble, could you at least change the colors of enchantments, runestones, and the various other refinement materials? At the end of a fight with a mob of enemies, it is a workout to pick up what you want because you go to something thinking it’s worth picking up, and it turns out to be a worthless Green unidentified item. This is simply torture. Please fix it.
4. Bank Deposit. This is short and simple. A programming oversight, if you will. If I have only one item to deposit, then WHY ON EARTH an I asked how many do I want to deposit. Fix It!
5. Seals Vendor in Sun’s Costner Market. Along the same scenario as above, but in reverse. You only allow us to have 1,200 Seals at a time. With the exception of the Astro Diamond pouch, everything else is 100 seals each, so why am I able to make a selection larger than 12? Again, a huge oversight that has been there for as long as I can recall. Fix it!
6. Dungeons. My word, this has been an issue since the game was released. The Queue System had it’s downside early on, and you made a nice improvement by adding a private queue system. This was great, until you broke it unbeknownst to yourself, and have never resolved it since. I have a solution to this problem. With the release of Fangbreaker Island and subsequent Dungeons since, you have completely alienated the vast majority of your players. Everyone refuses to use the Queue System where new dungeons are concerned because they have the option for a private queue, and can put together a selective group of people with only the highest of item levels. Meanwhile, everyone else is left out of being able to run this NEW content, because no one will invite them to one of these private queues. Here is the simple solution to that. Public Queues Only for the three(3) most recent dungeons so that EVERYONE has an Equal chance at obtaining new rewards,. Meanwhile, still offering Public and Private Queues for older content. Some might balk at this idea, but it beings the game back to the basics of forcing people to work together to achieve a common goal.As an afterthought, you could allow people to access the private queues system for new dungeons, but only if they entire group was in the same guild or alliance. Some might like that idea, while others would hate it, because now they would have to schedule their dungeon runs the same way that they have to schedule Drgonflight Runs. Again, the latter is just an afterthought.
7. Since we are on the subject of increased difficulty in gameplay, let’s continue. Every since the release of Storm King’s Thunder, the content has increased in difficulty, and you went absolutely overboard with the release of the Jungles of Chult, yet we have not seen a raise in the level cap since the Well of Dragons and Tiamat, two years ago. Why is that? You have continued to increase the difficulty of the game with stronger enemies and boss fights with the rewards of newer and stronger gear, but you have not raised the level cap. We even had a major change from Gamer Score to the current Item Level, and it would have been the perfect time to introduce a raise in the level cap, but you chose not to. WHY IS THAT?
8. The Vault of Piety. Did you forget about it being there? In the beginning, it was a goal to get get the Angel of Protaction, which many of us achieved within the first year, after that, nothing. It’s been the same since day one. No new content, nothing, You’ve added content to the Tarmalune Trade House and the Wondrous Bazaar, but nothing to the Vault of Piety. Why is that?
So, in closing, on behalf of all of my fellow Adventurers across all platforms, I pose these questions to you that many of us are thinking and I have discussed with many over the past three(3) of venturing across the Swordcoast. I look forward to hearing from you, and feel free to message me directly and I will offer my email for further correspondence. And to all others, please Like and Share this post as well as comment so that the developers will hopefully take heed to this post.
And one last thing….. What ever happened to getting Xbox and PC on the same release date schedule by the end of the first year? Ye, I realized that succumbed to s Play Station release in 2016, but even in the past 24 months, this has still not occurred to get all three platforms on the same cycle. Now that other games have PC and Xbox communicating together, you are that much further behind. I really look forward to your input on this subject.