test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rework stealth mechanic.

shaffer24#0953 shaffer24 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2018 in PvP Discussion
Ok...I'm an avid PvP enthusiast, and lately I've been noticing that TRs are quite unbalanced in PvP and the main reason is how stupid the stealth mechanic is in this game.

I mean TRs are possibly the highest single target dps class in the game and then you have to deal with the fact that they are untargetble/unhitable 90% of the time...mean while the have constant daze/stun on you while smashing through 70% of your HP in a single hit.

Really they don't need a damage nerf though...they wouldn't be as hard to handle if they actually took any damage....but when they can stay stealthed for 90-100% of a fight you can not damage them at all...even if you hit them with a dot while you can they take maybe 1-2 ticks of damage before the dot stops working on them....

And devs if you don't believe it just take a look at the PvP standings... A disproportionate amount of the top pvpers are TR....like 65-75% of the top 5 pages are TRs and not because they are any good...its just because the class needs a balance for PvP that won't effect them in pve. So just reworking the stealth mechanic would be the easiest and best solution to improve the imbalance of the class.

<font color="orange">Moderator edited title to conform with forum <a href="https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1191393/">Rules and Policies</a>
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    State your proposal on a reworked stealth. IMO stealth should not be used up when doing encounters in PVE. I don't know anything about PVP TRs
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @shaffer24#0953 said:
    > Ok...I'm an avid PvP enthusiast, and lately I've been noticing that TRs are quite unbalanced in PvP and the main reason is how stupid the stealth mechanic is in this game.
    >
    > I mean TRs are possibly the highest single target dps class in the game and then you have to deal with the fact that they are untargetble/unhitable 90% of the time...mean while the have constant daze/stun on you while smashing through 70% of your HP in a single hit.
    >
    > Really they don't need a damage nerf though...they wouldn't be as hard to handle if they actually took any damage....but when they can stay stealthed for 90-100% of a fight you can not damage them at all...even if you hit them with a dot while you can they take maybe 1-2 ticks of damage before the dot stops working on them....
    >
    > And devs if you don't believe it just take a look at the PvP standings... A disproportionate amount of the top pvpers are TR....like 65-75% of the top 5 pages are TRs and not because they are any good...its just because the class needs a balance for PvP that won't effect them in pve. So just reworking the stealth mechanic would be the easiest and best solution to improve the imbalance of the class.
    >
    > <font color="orange">Moderator edited title to conform with forum <a href="https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1191393/">Rules and Policies</a>

Everyone has stealth now...

People have stealth from armor enchantments that lasts 4 seconds.

People have stealth from rings that lasts as long as you are moving.

People have stealth from rings that activates when you get hit.

It's not just a tr problem.

In fact the tr stealth can be overcome with movement speed. Once you are close to the train you will see them and can hit them.

However the armor enchantment stealth does not allow you to see or target the enemy at all.....

You can also use certain attacks to locate the tr in stealth.

When usING at wills stealth drains rapidly for tr

When using encounters stealth drains all the way, unless you have sab capstone. If you have sab capstone you can get a free stealth refill from using an encounter once every so many seconds.

Again it's not a tr issue it's the armor enchantment that has no bypass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    And by the way... those tr are top of the list because of shadow of demise, not stealth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    shaffer24#0953 shaffer24 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    No there are plenty of TRs I have come across in PvP that are permenantly stealthed...which is the problem with it...when they are permenantly in stealth they can't take damage...so how are you suppose to PvP against someone you can't see target or damage...
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    when i did PVP once, i came across a stealthed TR i used my AOE powers and i got him. In PVE i still want stealth to not be used up by encounter powers right away.
  • Options
    > @shaffer24#0953 said:
    > No there are plenty of TRs I have come across in PvP that are permenantly stealthed...which is the problem with it...when they are permenantly in stealth they can't take damage...so how are you suppose to PvP against someone you can't see target or damage...

I have fought gfs who stay stealthed all the time. Same with cw with shadow clad stealth and rings that make them poof. Unlike traditional stealth... you cannot see these people in stealth even if you are standing on them.. nor can you target them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Did you know an hr can go invisible every 5 sec and before you know.. your health goes from 100% to 0 within x seconds :)

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    > @finalfantasyac7 said:
    > Did you know an hr can go invisible every 5 sec and before you know.. your health goes from 100% to 0 within x seconds :)

Yep.. but somehow it's only about tr....

People in shadow clad stealth can attack and remain stealthed for the entire duration
    Of their stealth. maybe I'll just get shadow clad and show you how bad it really is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Maybe make it so when they use dailies, they lose their stealth and their stealth meter wont build up for like 30sec? No offense to TR but I m just responding to @shaffer24#0953. I haven't been pvp but I remember how horrifying is shadow of demise. U cant nerf its damage as they are needed in PVE so maybe restrict it doing half the damage in pvp? Or maybe whenever shadow demise is used, the TR cant go stealth for the duration? There has to be penalty to it when using such a powerful skill.
  • Options
    > @kangkeok said:
    > Maybe make it so when they use dailies, they lose their stealth and their stealth meter wont build up for like 30sec? No offense to TR but I m just responding to @shaffer24#0953. I haven't been pvp but I remember how horrifying is shadow of demise. U cant nerf its damage as they are needed in PVE so maybe restrict it doing half the damage in pvp? Or maybe whenever shadow demise is used, the TR cant go stealth for the duration? There has to be penalty to it when using such a powerful skill.

No you can't change stealth mechanic to affect all tr because one type of tr has a super powerful attack...

You would be harming scoundrel and saboteurs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User

> @kangkeok said:

> Maybe make it so when they use dailies, they lose their stealth and their stealth meter wont build up for like 30sec? No offense to TR but I m just responding to @shaffer24#0953. I haven't been pvp but I remember how horrifying is shadow of demise. U cant nerf its damage as they are needed in PVE so maybe restrict it doing half the damage in pvp? Or maybe whenever shadow demise is used, the TR cant go stealth for the duration? There has to be penalty to it when using such a powerful skill.

No you can't change stealth mechanic to affect all tr because one type of tr has a super powerful attack...

You would be harming scoundrel and saboteurs.

So maybe make it for executioner only thing?
  • Options
    No....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Shadow of demise is defeated with shadow clad, and ambush ring....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Indeed, shadow of demise is defeated by -
    Gf's shield.
    Shadow clad.
    Ambush ring.
    Temp hp.
    Temp shield.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

Indeed, shadow of demise can be survived by -
    Gf's shield.
    Shadow clad.
    Ambush ring.
    Temp hp.
    Temp shield.

Fixed if for ya...

• Options
    i would be more worried about manes of the manitcore than shadow of demise if i were you.

I would be more worried about chitters fangs than shadow of demise if i were you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

i would be more worried about manes of the manitcore than shadow of demise if i were you.

I would be more worried about chitters fangs than shadow of demise if i were you...

• Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

With Tr using mane that can pull of 4-5 daily/min that is just makes Tr and SoD worse......
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Um... that is still just 2 manes a minute....

Sod is nothing... manes smacks you hard in the face instantly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    a picture is worth a thousand words?
    https://imgur.com/a/A2LVkqk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

a picture is worth a thousand words?
    https://imgur.com/a/A2LVkqk

I think i will get a warning again for writing this....
    I wrote this so many times and will write it again.
    Dev's will always find a new way to ruin pvp (even more).

I am out of here before a mod catches me

• Options
    > @finalfantasyac7 said:
    > a picture is worth a thousand words?
    > https://imgur.com/a/A2LVkqk
    >
    > I think i will get a warning again for writing this....
    > I wrote this so many times and will write it again.
    > Dev's will always find a new way to ruin pvp (even more).
    >
    > I am out of here before a mod catches me

It's not the devs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

> @finalfantasyac7 said:

> a picture is worth a thousand words?

> https://imgur.com/a/A2LVkqk

>

> I think i will get a warning again for writing this....

> I wrote this so many times and will write it again.

> Dev's will always find a new way to ruin pvp (even more).

>

> I am out of here before a mod catches me

It's not the devs

Then i wonder who made those broken items. Support staff maybe ?

• Options
    A producer.. and a dev... not all devs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I think it was mod4, when you hit TR (or even after TR stelalthed?) you could see him for few seconds (not sure if it had range too). But was removed with mod5. I think it was a bad time to be a TR back then.

While stealth may be a problem for newer palyers later on you will not find it being so storng. What needs more attention is Bloodbath,ITC and this affects everyone - pretty much infinite dodges.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think it was mod4, when you hit TR (or even after TR stelalthed?) you could see him for few seconds (not sure if it had range too). But was removed with mod5. I think it was a bad time to be a TR back then.

While stealth may be a problem for newer palyers later on you will not find it being so storng. What needs more attention is Bloodbath,ITC and this affects everyone - pretty much infinite dodges.

Hey how about we let the devs remove tr's stealth, sod, piercing damage, reduce their speed, put 500% damage nerf to daily and encounter powers so that the tr just can stand there as dummy for you to kill. Would that make you happy?

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, pretty much would actually. Just for a mod.

But seriously, pvp atm. is just wall to wall scrub TRs. You get into a match and just pray that your scrub trs are better than their scrub trs. If they aren't you go sit in spawn and cry.

Did you know an hr can go invisible every 5 sec and before you know.. your health goes from 100% to 0 within x seconds :)

Yeah, but then there's only one of me, and a jazzillion of them.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jonkoca said:

But seriously, pvp atm. is just wall to wall scrub TRs. You get into a match and just pray that your scrub trs are better than their scrub trs. If they aren't you go sit in spawn and cry.

Trust me. Once everyone has mane of manticore, thunderhead enchant, and so many other broken items... you will stop complaining about tr's.

Dev's have no idea how to balance pvp or maybe it just not possible so instead they release items to give us more unbalanced pvp every mod lol.

• Options
    jonkoca said:

jon.. you basically destroy eveyone in pvp ... ive seen you in action with your manes of manticore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah sure, with one proviso, if my team is decent enough to take the heat off me. I can't carry a team if it's full of scrubs and/or people who don't know what they're doing.

A 15k TR however, can kill a whole node, and cap it whilst doing so. Big difference.

No idea what my toon is now.