test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to swtich loadouts after mod13 update

xogoddessofwarxogoddessofwar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
After playing on the new mod for a few hours today, I've noticed I can't switch loadouts. It was working fine till I ran an etos. I keep getting an error message about gear not being there, but I haven't changed nor deleted anything.

Comments

• haze817haze817 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Having the same issue. Showed a message once that i couldnt switch because i had an unspent respec, unspent points, or not selected all my boons. Never saw the message again and still cant switch. All the issues it said i had were not true either. Was told on discord to move unbound things to my potion tray or equip mounts on my toon. Messed with that as well and still no luck.
  • xogoddessofwarxogoddessofwar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    haze817 said:

Having the same issue. Showed a message once that i couldnt switch because i had an unspent respec, unspent points, or not selected all my boons. Never saw the message again and still cant switch. All the issues it said i had were not true either. Was told on discord to move unbound things to my potion tray or equip mounts on my toon. Messed with that as well and still no luck.

I found a post about it on reddit. A pc user was having the same issue. How they fixed it was they went and applied their equipment, companion's and mounts to all loadouts. But we are on console, we can't do that with our companions and mounts so how are we suppose to fix the problem? The only thing i did different yesterday was change two of my mount insignia bonuses. This never happened till the mod 13 update came out. Someone in my alliance wrote that it happened to them on two of their toons yesterday after the update and i think they had to erase their loadouts to fix it. I don't even know how you erase a loadout.
    I also changed my insignias. Burned a respec token as well after it said i had unspent respec tokens. That didnt fix anything. I know we can overwrite a loadout, but dont recall if we can erase one. Either way, thats not a walk-around i really want to deal with. And as far as putting stuff on all our loadouts, how can we if we cant even access one of the loadouts?! Lol. Im afraid to even mess with anything on my other toons now. 9 toons and im not looking forward to all of them getting the same issue. Already locked me out of my main. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
    Another website said to overwrite the "bugged" loadout. After doing that and respeccing it back to what it used to be, it bugged out again and locked me out from switching back. Also saw somewhere that it might have to do with gear being switched. Ive switched the gear around that both loadouts use, and still no results.
    ****After looking at the pc bug reports, i saw someone say something about the insignias. I removed all insignias from all my mounts. Active and in the stable. I was able to switch loadouts again after this. Im just going to play it safe and have my mounts NOT share insignias between loadouts if the bonuses are different.****
  • xogoddessofwarxogoddessofwar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I tried removing everything my character had equipped including all insignias and i still couldn't switch. I ended up having to copy a loadout over it and respecing.
  • heidipl#4093 heidipl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Have you refined anything? I ask as I have the same issue but (as far as I remember) the only change was the refining of bonding stones (I use the same mounts and mounts bonuses on all loadouts).

• arwendomiel#3827 arwendomiel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yes the insignias are messing it up. But i don't know why you don't have the "Apply to all loadouts" button. This helped to fix the issue on pc when mod13 came out :neutral: The insignias are recognized as missing from the othet loadouts. It sucks that they deployed mod 13 on consoles with same bugs :neutral: Hope they get it fixed soon as someone from ps4 told me that you guys have the double enchants event coming up this tuesday? Not cool if everyone has to respec or buy a new loadout to get a "temporary fix".
    As far as refining goes, no issues, and no problem switching loadouts since i fixed my insignia issue. And about the apply to all option, yeah there is no such thing on console as far as the insignias or mounts go. Unless i missed it in my blind rage. Yeah, double rp and double stones is coming up, so hopefully you find some work around before then. I burned 2 respec tokens to try and "fix" my issue, only to have it bug out again. Insignias was definetly my issue. And your right, pretty screwed that something bugged on pc months ago was never messed with to keep from happening on console. Its fine the way it is, the consumer will figure it out. :neutral:
  • eteknoetekno Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Having this issue too. Started when I pulled a blue insignia out and put in a purple. Burned the blue one. And now I can't switch. Did pc ever get an official bug fix on this or just workarounds?
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Bugged out here too. 7 loadouts and I’m stuck with two..one was a bit out of date and it saved me somehow. Not the best build but meh. An eta would be great
    Ps. It seems likely this is related to insignias. Hate to go right to the money well with this one but at $5 per load out x7, then redoing them about 3-4times each to get right= a fair chunk of change...to much to fix it by paying even more for respec tokens..that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever... Particularly since this is a carry over from months ago on PC...

Little heads up from someone with eta’s etc would be grand.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! We've been looking at this issue since it was first reported on PC and continue to investigate a cause and solution.
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the response. Will the mount/loadout controls mentions in today’s patch notes provide a save to all loadouts button(as the PC guys do) so we can have a temporary fix, albeit one which costs money? Presently, and I’m just ball parking here..but it’s been about $110 total so far..which is a lot to be stuck in the proverbial nowhere.
    Ps: in game username is kriptical f1pt4
    Thanks.
    The apply all got me back working again. Thanks!
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Spamming A button trying to see if it maybe was a glitch and I even quit the game and it didn't work. My friend then told me it was a glitch going around Xbox. I cannot switch to my normal farming loadout which is also my pvp loadout I use cuz all I gotta do is swap gear. I'm losing out during double RP, and can't PvP.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
    edited May 2018
    haze817 said:

****After looking at the pc bug reports, i saw someone say something about the insignias. I removed all insignias from all my mounts. Active and in the stable. I was able to switch loadouts again after this. Im just going to play it safe and have my mounts NOT share insignias between loadouts if the bonuses are different.****

UPDATE: There is a work around I noticed. So this occured when I used another loadouts insignia on my other load out. So I removed the insignia from the one I put it on in the new loadout and it fixed it.

You cannot put insignias from one loadout onto another or else this bug will happen. You cannot share insignias from one loadout to another.

So like I said, to fix it, remove the insignia you JUST put on the other load out. You cannot share them with other loadouts they need to stay isolated for that loadout and that mount.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Hi everyone! We've been looking at this issue since it was first reported on PC and continue to investigate a cause and solution.

Uhm. This was reported back in January on Preview - see this thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13013202

This is fairly easy to reproduce - just mess around with the mount insignias. Have different mounts on different loadouts, and move the insignia around between mounts.

There is a workaround - remove all insignia from mounts in working loadouts, and basically send all your mounts back to the stable. This should re-enable at least some of the non-working loadouts, and if needed, repeat the process until all loadouts are working.. Then put the insignia back on the mounts, and be careful never to use the same insignia on different mounts in different loadouts.

I have heard a claim that a similar problem applies to companions and their gear, but was not able to reproduce that.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited May 2018
    theguiido said:

UPDATE: There is a work around I noticed. So this occured when I used another loadouts insignia on my other load out. So I removed the insignia from the one I put it on in the new loadout and it fixed it.

You cannot put insignias from one loadout onto another or else this bug will happen. You cannot share insignias from one loadout to another.

So like I said, to fix it, remove the insignia you JUST put on the other load out. You cannot share them with other loadouts they need to stay isolated for that loadout and that mount.

Hope this helps. I had this issue, thought I'd chime in and help anyone this is affecting.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO