test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Rewards and Punishment

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
To Cryptic, I do appreciate the ability to play for free, I appreciate the editor when it is functional, and I do appreciate having fun telling stories in your online game. However it has been too long, begging Cryptic to return the rewards to the Foundry. So I have taken matters into my own hands. For the last few months (mostly on the weekends) I visit several zones and advertise my own Epic rewards for playing. Several players have already won items much more valuable than the chest can offer. I get sick and tired of hearing about "Foundry exploits" when we all know, the current Random Dungeons are far more easy exploit.

Bots still run the leveling dungeons and the skirmish is abused by disconnects. Back when we had talented authors here, we told Cryptic, time after time, how to repair the Foundry. Repairs never came. We told them how to make the Foundry their cash cow. Instead they eliminated the Foundry hour (double XP) and trashed the AD rewards. Now I see few authors are remaining in this game.

To the players, you are not helping this either. Many players are also not helping others discover the Foundry as I read in a review today. They tell the players it is dead. Well if it is dead in your eyes, then don't play my quests or contests. Don't claim the coalescent wards, mount packs, artifacts, and the refinements I offer as bounty every month in mine. Instead of acting worse than a bunch of mindless apes in chat, don't trash on a Foundry author attempting to get others interested in their Foundry, calling them a spammer. If you place me on the ignore list, it is your loss, not mine.

To the remaining few authors, I plan to take May off from my contest to work on my next Foundry. To the few players remaining who are about having fun and not profit, thanks for your kinds words and support. I realize not all authors can offer rewards and contests, but they have wonderful content and that is what the game should be about. But sadly there are users who actually buy campaign tokens and pay real cash not to play this game.

Have Fun! Until June when I will be offering up 2 grand prizes; Coalescent Ward and Glorious Resurgence Mount Pack.
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Preach it sista. I haven't been advertising it but I've been mailing prizes to random people who leave a review with a name I can see. Those are the people who play foundry for fun and don't see it as a chore, therefore deserve a little something. The people who play just for a prize won't appreciate it for what it is in my opinion. Spam clicking the dialogue, mindlessly following the sparkle line, even giving a random asghasd 1 star review when they accidentally click on review at the end instead of close. Although I haven't quite nailed down the best consistent reward that isn't too taxing on my wallet. I mail 1 superior enchants that I've stocked up in double refine day by grinding dread ring lairs. I have 60 of it. They sell for about 20k ad each around double a random daily and sells fast. I think this is an acceptable reward.... probably.

I don't spam when I advertise, i'm super self conscious about it. Its formulized like a guild advertisement and announced every 3-4 hours in random zones that I'm in. Only the people who dislike foundry based on previous grinding traumas and people who don't care and are "how dare you advertise something thats not guild recruitment" are the ones that call you out. The ones that mute you are bias and in the end just locking them selves out of content. If they try it and dislike your quest, then mute you. That is more reasonable. Forget those hecking heckers, Cater to the bored 15-16k GS grinding tong 2000 times and the casuals.

And yes, although the star addiction is present, we need to adapt a mindset that even if they don't like it, they took the time to play which quells the anxiety in my heart when someone leaves a bad review. *cough* then sneakily send them a reward and bribe them to change the review >:D ..... nah lol they are mostly trolls.
    Post edited by arkanarge on
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    To explain this more, back in February I was sitting on 1 million AD waiting to see the new mod 13 and decide to buy VIP or invest it elsewhere. This soulmonger lock box really fell flat. I spent about 400 K on AH items before saying. "This is just junk I really don't need.". I updated the end of my foundry and ran my Protector's Enclave on the weekends like this;

Llorna Zorg, my main would jump on and start by saying, "Has anyone seen a drow by the name of Goro Thay? If so, he is a wanted criminal, an outlaw, with a bounty on his head. If you bring me the information I need, the bounty, [Current Grand Prize Here] will be sent to the first person to respond by mail."

Trolling resumed and then I jumped on as Goro Thay with his companion Phinidar, "Phindar you old fool, you almost got me caught by that Neverwinter guard. If people knew my "History" they would be out for blood." Now assuming the reader understood, all they needed to do was look at my history. Seeing it was a contest to learn and send the True Identity of Goro Thay from the Foundry listed there.

A few would guess wrong by looking at my wiki ID and say you are Wendy Black. But those who played and guessed wrong got a cosolation prize (AH values between 3K and 5K). So far only 3 in the last 3 months played and won Coalescent Wards, Epic Mounts, etc..

I decided to give Goro Thay a rest. I will still give out the random rewards to first time players just not grand prizes this month. I am working on a small contest called "Mad Monty's Maze" a single map puzzle game and it won't take as long to complete. I hope to have it ready by June.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • madmatter#4672 madmatter Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I appreciate the effort. Sadly, I am usually grinding and not paying attention to chat when I'm on. But I've been making an effort to do more foundry quests lately as i have a huge AD reserve and have become bored with the grind of campaigns. So keep it up! Love what you guys are doing.