test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noticing a disturbing trend starting

gsummers3gsummers3 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
I'm noticing more and more that players are taking a strategy of kicking whoever on their team is dying the most, even if they are not afk, if they are fighting on nodes. Essentially it is wait for 1 minute into the match, identify the weakest link, and then vote kick them, claiming they are afk or something like that.

Yet another issue that keeps the deep class divisions between the have-not's and the have-more's in pvp in this game. It seems pvp is becoming something that only a few members of the "club" are allowed to do.

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    It's also a good way to get rid of the 4k scrub polluting your team.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    problem with kicking people is that the pvp queu is not balanced much so sometimes u get 5 people well geared vs 5 people with only 4 geared for pvp and hte other is 3K person who has 0 gear so players decides to kick i've seen plenty of times this happen but it dosn't matter probably it won't go away unfortunately until team matchmaking is more balanced
  • Options
    ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    To prove @jonkoca 's point, here is a guy I had in my team today.

They get to lv 70, and the first thing they do is to q for pvp... you can kill them with one hit, while they can't even kill similarly geared enemy.

Also, as @heraldfayez#8520 said, you don't get balanced team - one team is full 15k+, while the other is a mix of 3-15k ILs.
  • Options
    losintimelosintime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well they have a place for people to control who is in their team, group queue. Oh wait, "PVPers" destroyed that queue, now they want to ruin the solo queue. It is easy to balance a team, don't solo que if having various item levels bothers you, then get the handful of likeminded people together and queue into the group queue. Easy stuff, unless you really just want to PVP against PVE players so you have an advantage.
  • Options
    vickvega82#4490 vickvega82 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Unfortunately, in domination, 1 weak link destroys the chances of the entire team. I'm not sure what the solution would be, maybe separate ques for 12k +/- IL. I can't say that I have ever initiated a vote kick for someone for being low IL, but when someone is terrible at PVP and they get on my Dom team multiple times, I definetly get vocal about it. Not an elitist thing, just I don't want my chances of getting glory ruined because someone has no business PVPing at 5k IL etc. 1 thing that could be done is Cryptic removing the quest you get when you hit 70 to complete a domination. A fresh 70 is not suited for the current PVP enviroment. Its not a douchey opinion, it's a statement of fact.
    Limitless is L33t AF
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    It strikes me there is a circular argument here. PVP is suffering from the lack of a critical mass of players. Because not enough people are queuing the devs are limited to what they can do, as if they start introducing il requirements the number of people queing for any given instance will drop again, and also its open to being exploited. The best way to improve pvp is to increase the player base as then you can look at trying to improve the queue system with better class il distribution, but everytime someone with a low il or is just completely inexperienced at pvp tries it they either get kicked or verbally abused for the duration, and a potential new addition to the pvp roster is lost for good. Maybe more understanding and patience with new players will hurt your stats glory now, but might benefit the game in the long run.
  • Options
    vickvega82#4490 vickvega82 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Pvp is lacking because of lack of content. There is 1 basic premise with 1 simple goal and 2 varriations of the same inatance. Some diversity of the PVP content would boost the numbers.

PVP is lacking because cryptic has wildly innacurate and non descript tool tips making it nearly impossible to discern what your powers will actually do with out the aid of a Crystal ball or 1000 hours of trial and error.

PVP is lacking because there is a terminal combination of lack of players and lack of sorting in the que, so gold fish get lumped in with the sharks. If there was a more refined system, with higher population, that sorted people into similar ILs, it would generate a better experience that was played by more people.

PVP is lacking due to lack of rewards. In the PVP campaign if you completevl 8, 10, 13 tasks etc, you get a set of rings that were maybe usable 5 years ago. You get a black opal, which i can get in 2 seconds with 1 proc of dragon hoard enchant. Or maybe a boon that gives you 5% more black ice......

What this all boils down to is just like most issues with this game, the PVP is lacking because of lack of developer give a F. If the devs put some actual time into PVP content and game play, you could really have something that added to the game experience and kept people playing longer. Instead there is just some occassional bandaids and bug fixes and no real development. Really it's shame on us at this point for expecting anything better than that.
    Limitless is L33t AF
  • Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I'm up for the il minimum level for join.

PPl should not enter dominion if they don't know what to do, and don't have the necessary for enter.
    Someone will say, they wanna try...yes...and what will be their experience?

I don't think that they will enjoy it, they will be HAMSTER, kicked ( when is possible , don't forget the actual vote kick system, so great that you can't kick someone even if he got disconnected from the start , maybe bypass the limit of 1 kick every 4 hours in case of disconnected people...just an idea...)
    The new player will get frustrated, like the old one that have him in party.

The private queue work for the so called "pvpers" like for the total new to pvp, if you wanna try it, go in private with your friend, same level, understand the basic, how cap a node, test your power in dominion with your friend in private queue, that's a good way for learn and training yourself.

Unfortunately the private que was added too late, after that the pvp community left, no more player.

Like vickvega said, lack of content, lack of balance, lack of a good matchmaking, lack of reward, has destroyed the pvp player base of this game.

gsummers3, your title : NOTICING A DISTURBING TREND STARTING

Yes, i too has noticed, when the pvp community was still alive, with all the big pvp guild around, broken item was forbid, from internal rules. We can say, that when the dev was not "fast enough" to resolve a problem, the pvp community has ruled and educated herself to avoid some kind of item, at last, we have tryed.

Because, if you need to use broken stuff, you are simply not skilled enough for be competitive.

Actually everyone one started to use broken stuff like thu...... , ...... ring, mane ........., drains....basically, any kind of item that can give you an advantage because isn't working correctly.

The PvP, the premade, everything was fantastic, fighting for over an hour ( old times, not like the actual 8/10 minutes ), screaming on TS with your friends, go here, 2 ppl on 3, go 1, get that damn TR ( always kill the TR :D ) repel, daily.....yesss, we won, or F"£$$" we've lost.

The adrenaline to fight until the very end, 1000 to 999, win or loss, was always something epic.

Unfortunately...is not anymore, it was a nice adventure, but everything comes to an end.

• Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    with all the big pvp guild around, broken item was forbid, from internal rules. We can say, that when the dev was not "fast enough" to resolve a problem, the pvp community has ruled and educated herself to avoid some kind of item, at last, we have tryed.

Funily enough, as the SoloQ erased premades it also erased the PvP ethics since nobody now has to be afraid of premade stomping them for using broken items. A good intentions gone bad.
  • Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    The soloQ .... There wasn't any premade left when they finally implemented it, but you are right regarding ethics, with no one left stomping the abuser, it has reached the lowest level .
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

To prove @jonkoca 's point, here is a guy I had in my team today.

They get to lv 70, and the first thing they do is to q for pvp... you can kill them with one hit, while they can't even kill similarly geared enemy.

Also, as @heraldfayez#8520 said, you don't get balanced team - one team is full 15k+, while the other is a mix of 3-15k ILs.

It's ridiculous. Thats common in PvP. Poor development led to a PvP state where pugs rein the majority. Hopefully we see love to the game eventually.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter