test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The FUZZY WARlock. A SW Single target, Cradel DPS Build.

hypnowarriorhypnowarrior Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Comments

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    @hypnowarrior

If you are determined on giving up Po9H, drop points from partying blasphemy and put them on murderous flames because it deals 22% (pc warlocks testing the feat believe it is being mitigated still @balanced#2849 ...) of kf as an extra hit, if only 1 target gets hit, he'll take the full 22% proc (in a full buffs group, it can hit for a few million so it's better than most fury feats)

Your active companions don't have a fire archon as stated there but a cambion magus :wink:

On the companions section, you could add that, if certain conditions are met, there are better choices than the fire archon:

Tamed velociraptor (if everyone in the group has it) for that constant 5% damagr bonus (if no one in your group dies)

War boar (epic quality) for that 5% damage bonus if a GWF/GF is marking enemies and/or the boss for you. You get it from the GWF pack which you can get in the zen market.

You can also add that, for those who don't mind spending some ad/cash, they can get the expedition pack (or buying off the auction house) to get he alpha compy (5% more damage when in all of Chult).

Those 3 companions beat the fire archon although I have one myself for when raptor and war boar aren't an option.

Imo some nice recovery and ap gain is pretty good for hellibringer, if crit and armour pen can be kept capped, having a few triple or double stat enchantments with recovery doesn't hurt, especially if on companion!

When it comes to insignia bones, Sheperd's devotion is way too good to pass as it works with buffed power and stacks with that of other teammates so can grant a very large boost to movement and survability for everyone in the team, this makes it bis for any class or build running endgame content. I suggest you to replace Magistrate's patience with this.

Gladiator's guile is a very nice movement speed buff (15%) when it is active, it makes it easier to deal with pull and push mechanic so it is another insignia bonus that is too good to pass. With the exception of powershare classes and perhaps pvp builds (?), assassin's covenant doesn't serve any purpose, more so when you run the hp boon (you should anyway) so the amount of power you get from it is very low.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Some people will say this is a must! WOW extra 30% damage! No, im sorry. It just removes the 30% damage from the boss, dealing it to the adds around the boss. So good maybe for aoe, but not for single target. And in CoDG there are no adds, just the boss!
    --> I think it doesn't work like that either

For Temp you might still want to keep the primal for the extra power for powershare, .
    --> it doesn't work like that

As for the 5/5 for blood pact of Cania (with the addition of the crit severity pet to compensate the loss of crit severity), it is a cool idea :)
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Hi, thy for sharing your build.
    I also skipped morderous flame same as i skipped that encounter in a hole :)
    Just annoying since it starts working at the end if the fight.
    I allways go for that potnh feat, just thinking that 5 seconds might be a win for all.
  • egoignis#2146 egoignis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is deflect good enough for pve, instead of defense?
  • hypnowarriorhypnowarrior Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sorry been busy with real life.

Let me comment on the feedback:
    jaime4312:
    You mention murderous flames, that it adds 22% more dps. Thats not correct. It takes 30% of the dps done to the main target and turns it into aoe. It could be used for AOE builds but I prefer running lighting for AOE so I use dreadtheft and Hadars grasps, so the 5 points in that would be a waist.
    Sorry about the fire archon, I think I fixed it.I know I could add a lot but its not that important for me to wright about all that could be done as I would need over 200 pages for that.
    Agree when it comes to stats, and I will be swapping out brutals for black ice as time passes. Just need to keep my crit at 90% + for now.
    Sheperd's devotion I dont use as I dont need the extra def stats. In general a good off is a good def. The faster you kill the less heals one would need. Just make sure the op takes the agro and you will not need it at all. Prefer to take my 2k power over it. Gladiator's guile dose nothing for one, and one just need to practice the push and pull. Better to go for the dps!

schietindebux:
    The 5 points in Po9H is a waist, you only get the extra 5sec. Just practice staying inside the circle its not that hard!

egoignis:
    I use demonics because I pvp from time to time, why I have deflect. I also use it for the synergy with HAMSTER cov. for the power conversion. I dont use it for survivability. I only use shadowslipp for that(our shift button)
    edited April 2018
    Exactly, and you lose that buff on all your teammates talking about you inside a DPS group in front of Artropal.
    No 5 sec on your GWF, Hunter, TR same AS the DPS GF and the DO DC... all of them will only take partial benefit of one of your best DPS buffs same AS you will only get an on/off multipler x 1.18.
    Bad choice to skip that buff for a 5/5 in KF or anything else, the only benefit will lead to a slightly better result in paingiver on your side compared to teammates for the sacrifice an over all dps loss imo.
    And no, you will not be able to stand inside pop all time in that dungeon.. You move far more than you want to.
    edited April 2018
    @hypnowarrior

No, as of mod 13, murderous flames still is dealing reduced damage vs level 73 enemies, @balanced#2849 needs to fix it
    Anyway, the reason why that feat is taken for single target dps loadouts is because it does an extra hit worth ~22% of killing flames damage. Due to its underperforming damage for about half of a boss fight, you're indeed better off with say hg + wb (like @schietindebux has mentioned a few times on the forums already) unless someone in your team is able to 1 phase bosses (so you use kf at the right moment)
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
    Maybe @balanced#2849 can help?
    Or i start a petition for:
    1. getting KF adjusted
    2. giving warlock a legit DPS-spec
    edited April 2018
    Oh wow. Why...? How...?

Rip "Disagree" option.

> @schietindebux said:
    > Maybe @balanced#2849 can help?
    > Or i start a petition for:
    > 1. getting KF adjusted
    > 2. giving warlock a legit DPS-spec

Both.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Didn't read the whole guide because I stumbled across two things that I had to address first.

You mention equipping higher power items on temptation to increase your power share. It doesn't increase our power share because we don't have a power share mechanic. We do have a power stat buff, which doesn't relate in any way to how much power we ourselves have. The allies will get the buff according to their own power stat, not ours.

The other thing you say, here on this post and maybe not on the guide, is that murderous flames takes away 30% damage from the main target to distribute it around, which is also not the case. MF doesn't reduce KF main hit damage at all. MF is an extra hit of "30%" of the main KF damage. It is divided between targets around the KF target, making the hits on AOE really small. On single targets is where it would be more noticeable, because it corresponds to a "30%" increase on your KF encounter use, since your original KF hit is unchanged and you get an extra hit from MF corresponding to "30%" of the KF damage. I've seen other people before that understood MF as reducing the KF original hit damage, and just wanted to make sure that that is not your case against MF.

And as @jaime4312#3760 said, it is "30%", the effectiveness varies, so who knows where that 30 ends up. If you test on
    the lv 73 dummy and are below the arpen cap, you will actually see MF can get a higher effectiveness than your KF hit. The base damage of MF is exactly 30% of KF base damage though.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Oh, @werdandi#8366 just said the same thing I did.
    MF doesn't acutally help that much on AoE, as if you are using KF on AoE you must have something other than MF to justify it. Maybe you do it for the AP gain or whatever, MF is not the reason you should choose KF on AoE, as you can do AoE just fine without KF+MF. It adds way more on single target damage than parting blasphemy, and single target is the situation where KF is more relevant, hence when MF will be more useful.

Again, MF does NOT remove damage from KF main hit to distribute around. It is an Extra "30%" damage. Tested it again today to make sure nothing was stealthily changed on some random patch.
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    I allways run KF + MF on both SB and HB loadout for Fury, I think it differs a lot depending on how specced you are. If you have a very powerful build, adds survive very short and then I find KF, PoP (BoVA if SB) and FB for AoE. When lowered specced ads survive longer and other setups might be beneficial.

I however have gotten 27 mill hits on KF -> Huge hits of Murderous Flames, and yeah, it adds a huge bunch more than Parting Blasphemy, at least if you run HB where only Hadar's Grasp in single target most likely removes curse.
  • mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    parting you just skip in general its barely 1% of damage and ive sb logs only :) mf is to good to pass even before fix
    That´s what I run as pure SB setup, 5/5 in Bloodpact being human, same setup as Hellbringer.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1r0iu2i:150zzzv:1000000:1000000&h=0&p=slb&o=0
  • mehrunesdagon#1653 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Deadly curse might be a good option for SB, since your soul scorch and HG is removing the curse from your target, so every time you apply a curse after soul scorch or HG, you receive extra dmg bonus when WC is applied, coupled with brutal curse... Could be a better option to just spam soul scorch without applying curse,but if you don't theres that extra incentive to curse before and after every hit. its still a pain though. curse+soul scorch+curse+soul scorch...
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    They need to fix SB powers to get an actual DPS like the others. Current state locks us to HB and either Temp or Fury. Damnation is just big no after nerf.
  • mehrunesdagon#1653 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    rodosto said:

They need to fix SB powers to get an actual DPS like the others. Current state locks us to HB and either Temp or Fury. Damnation is just big no after nerf.

They need to fix SW in general, maybe put fury path on par or at least close to destroyer path for GWF. It would only take 5% here or 10% there. our interactions with buffs is another story...
  • mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    i dont agree with ever using deadly curse unless they rework the tooltip into something usefull..makes no sense to drop dust to dust (off hand) for it or drop acc passive for it..for a sb that is not practical way to dps