test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SWW vs Combat Superiority

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
I see a lot of discussion about SWW but Combat Superiority does up to 8% additional damage simply for being hit. Is one preferred over the other? Why?

Comments

• xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Run both for maximum damage boost. Some times swapping out sww for steel grace when more movement is wanted.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Ah, got it. I'd been running combat superiority with steel grace exclusively. I'll give this a shot.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @santralafax sww was reported by @belkazi to be bugged in the sense that it's a 40% damage buff (rather than 20%) at max stacks but, even if it wasn't, a 20% damage buff still beats steel grace as long as you can have very high to 100% crit chance.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Has anyone tried the Iron Vanguard build using Trample of the Fallen with Shield Warrior Wraith?

Not sure if Trample would work on bosses but it is a 20% increase in damage.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Has anyone tried the Iron Vanguard build using Trample of the Fallen with Shield Warrior Wraith?

Trample only works on targets that are CCable and the damage buff is up for as long as the CC affects the target.

Most bosses in the game have CC immunity, meaning there's no point in trying Trample.

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    what about SWW Vs steel blitz ??
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

No contest, even a single stack of Shield Warrior's is superior to Steel Blitz.

This is because Steel Blitz is a proc style power on a class with slow proccing speed and high base damage, meaning that you will gain more damage by simply multiplying your damage rather than adding procs of damage.

And no, there is no point in running Steel Blitz with Lightning on AoE. The interaction between Aura of Courage+Steel Blitz only occurred on the GWF's WMS.

rjc9000 said:

lantern22 said:

No contest, even a single stack of Shield Warrior's is superior to Steel Blitz.

This is because Steel Blitz is a proc style power on a class with slow proccing speed and high base damage, meaning that you will gain more damage by simply multiplying your damage rather than adding procs of damage.

And no, there is no point in running Steel Blitz with Lightning on AoE. The interaction between Aura of Courage+Steel Blitz only occurred on the GWF's WMS.
    AoC is asking to be adjusted with how it works on something and not other thins, even though, some of the things in that work with AoC is exactly like other things...LOL...sorry about that.

This game has so many issues and the problem is we build our characters around those issues until they get fixed and it cost some of us real world money when we do this. I honestly wish the devs would sit down and do another October Bug Fix, say in June or July this year and fix as many of the outstanding issues that causes imbalance in this game.
    rjc9000 said:

Trample only works on targets that are CCable and the damage buff is up for as long as the CC affects the target.

Most bosses in the game have CC immunity, meaning there's no point in trying Trample.
    This is what I thought. I have a GF friend that keeps talking highly of TotF but I thought it would not work on bosses. Thanks for clarifying this for me. With that said though, an Iron Vanguard Conqueror with TotF could be good on mobs and than switch to SM for bosses.
  • trotrotrotrove#0570 trotrotrotrove Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Sww and combat superiority are the 2 best passives for dps, for mobs steel grace is viable, steel blitz on mobs if you have lightning can also work.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    CS and SWW are the best for ultimate DPS. For PvE and PvP. Unless you wanna exploit the TTF bug with Battle Trample and the off hand bonus, you can do that too lol.

@santralafax sww was reported by @belkazi to be bugged in the sense that it's a 40% damage buff (rather than 20%) at max stacks but, even if it wasn't, a 20% damage buff still beats steel grace as long as you can have very high to 100% crit chance.

Got any pictures, videos or proof or anything? i'd like to see that. I don't think it's 40% because it would be wayyyyyy more DPS than what i've tested. I'll test it again today and let you know fully.

Update: No way is it 40%. 20% seems to be where it is at. My numbers were everywhere though when testing. Mostly got around 20% however. I'm telling you dude, if it was 40% thats like stacking Terrifying Insight with SWW, If you are a GF you know whats thats like in PvP. Thats what it would be like all the time, and no way in hell is it like those 2 all the time in just a 5 stacked SWW.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    theguiido said:

Update: No way is it 40%. 20% seems to be where it is at. My numbers were everywhere though when testing. Mostly got around 20% however. I'm telling you dude, if it was 40% thats like stacking Terrifying Insight with SWW, If you are a GF you know whats thats like in PvP. Thats what it would be like all the time, and no way in hell is it like those 2 all the time in just a 5 stacked SWW.

Wrong, it is exactly a 40% damagebuff at 5 stacks !
    Like that, doing math + 39,994105511 % damage ...
    Proven by myself on preview, bugged 100%, definietly, no discussions.
    I hope you don´t need a video to accept the reality? :)
    But who cares outside PVP, noone.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited November 2018

theguiido said:

Wrong, it is exactly a 40% damagebuff at 5 stacks !
    Like that, doing math + 39,994105511 % damage ...
    Proven by myself on preview, bugged 100%, definietly, no discussions.
    I hope you don´t need a video to accept the reality? :)
    But who cares outside PVP, noone.
    Still bugged on preview? If so, another miss by the devs for the next mod.

Was this reported during preview for mod 15? If not than that is on the tester for not reporting this bug to the devs to fix. If it was reported, hopefully the devs are working on a hotfix to resolve this issue.
    Post edited by mebengalsfan#9264 on