test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companions all over the place with no people

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I did look and can't see it. For a few days now I have been seeing companions around PE and Omu, they are on their own, no player with them, and when u pass your camera across them, their actual name will appear in white text over their heads, it is obvious they are player companions from the names some of them have. I didn't know if this was just me seeing it, or how widespread it was, but someone I was chatting to yesterday mentioned it without me saying anything, that they too were seeing companions without owners everywhere, so I think it's all over the place. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else so bringing it up here. Is it a new feature or a bug...

Comments

• Options
    sixdirections#7706 sixdirections Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    LOL seems more like a couple weeks
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Well, players tend to complain all the time, so Cryptic is trying a Neverwinter fork which will be populated just by companions. ;)
  • Options
    Tbh I sort of like the idea of seeing companions names over their heads, companions lives matter! And it would add extra atmosphere. But when they are alone and standing still without an owner, it is sort of creepy.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    Now, we know where our supposed to be summoned companion disappeared to. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    Yesterday after a fight I ended up with two chultan tigers. One was named (my actual companion) and the other appeared to be a clone with a mind of its own. I finally relogged and then had only my normal companion.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    doomborn#6818 doomborn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This is purportedly caused by companions lagging out and creating stationary duplicates. It's a long-known issue, though there's been no word on a fix.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    That's hilarious. I could just imagine what a companion would be feeling, abandoned by their owners, waiting to be collected.

Or they've become bots, automatons doing their own thing. That is creepy.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    They are rebelling against their overlord masters... yes, I have noticed a lot are hanging by exits waiting for you to come get them.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Update. If you go to Omu instance #16 you will see my cat companion, Ryan, sitting by the fire. On his own. for a few days it was just one of him, today there are now two of him, plus a fire archon called Legendary Box of Popcorn. I think it may have something to do with how long or often someone is in a map maybe? I always go to #16 and if I land in another one I change to that one, so that might have something to do with why it is happening. For a while it was only me and Ryan, then the clone of Ryan appeared and today another one. They are persistent on the map, when I go back to that instance the two clones are always sitting at the fire in the same place.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I think I remember reading somewhere that when you zone somewhere, your companion is temporarily despawned, then re-created in the other zone. There appears to be something sporadically going wrong with the despawning process.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I've had a companion duplicated and the duplicate remain while changing loadouts. It is likely that there are multiple causes for this. A similar epidemic of stranded companions occurred during mod 11 or 11b.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    aganway said:

Update. If you go to Omu instance #16 you will see my cat companion, Ryan, sitting by the fire. On his own. for a few days it was just one of him, today there are now two of him, plus a fire archon called Legendary Box of Popcorn. I think it may have something to do with how long or often someone is in a map maybe? I always go to #16 and if I land in another one I change to that one, so that might have something to do with why it is happening. For a while it was only me and Ryan, then the clone of Ryan appeared and today another one. They are persistent on the map, when I go back to that instance the two clones are always sitting at the fire in the same place.

Thats so cool _ im going to check out that asap
  • Options
    pitshade said:

I've had a companion duplicated and the duplicate remain while changing loadouts. It is likely that there are multiple causes for this. A similar epidemic of stranded companions occurred during mod 11 or 11b.

The other day I was on my DC and had two infant gorillas running after me, both mine. The screaming was unbearable.