test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Positive feedback

Hello,

I'm a hardcore D&D player for 13 years now (and countin'!) and I wanted to say some good things about how new mod is looking. I disliked the Soshenstar River area but not because of it was badly designed - jungle theme is just not my type of taste I guess.

But! Omu looks amazing. It's confusing, it has hundrets of little corners where you can find something new. The Undercity is one of the best designed things I've seen in this game so far. This is literally first thing I saw in this game that corresponds with oldschool D&D dungeon crawl game sessions. This dungeon is just beautifuly done. If only it would have multiple levels - it would be perfect.

You guys made small map that is filled with puzzles and easter eggs. I really appreciate the effort. It looks and (most of all) feels like a Dungeons & Dragons game more than ever before. So for all of you guys working on design of this new area - big congrats. If it's possible, @nitocris83 please let designers know that people (it's not just me but also my friends) are really enjoying how Omu looks.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    I also like the undercity. I also like the shortcut. I think that is the good touch and make the resource kit useful. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    All Omu's maps have a very good design with more free of action respect to soshestar river.
    The shortcuts are very usefull and not are only an exercise of style.
    Most of the equipments of this module are very intresting and maybe BiS for a lot of PG.
    ( this is a positive post and i will close my eyes on bugs)
    There are Only one thing i not accept.
    I'm a long time D&d player and on my pg skin i've understand only one vital lesson.
    Don't trust to a cleric with open lock and disable device skill!
    Celeste PLEASE call Xuna to open the cages in fane of serpent night or we are will all beaten up to death!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Indeed...there is nothing wrong with how omu looks. The graphics people did a good job. Omu has two issues, one just annoying (hunt design)and one major (CoDG last phase) but the environment art is just fine.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks @wizardlvl80#5963 ! The art team has really been upping their game in the past few modules plus our relationship with WotC allows us to have some great source/inspiration material and feedback.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    The graphical design is indeed very good specially in the undercity. The feeling I had the first time I went there was great.

The content design is a different story but I'll keep that for another thread.