test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omu Rings and RNG in Generall

tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
Hey there,

this might sound a bit like a rant so i apologize for that beforhand.

So... after doing 6 omu maps a week on 5 chars (so 120 maps in total) im still sitting here without a single +4 Ring. Thats... pretty frustrating to say the least.

There are also lots of ppl complaining about not getting a single UE in like 50+ tong/cradle runs.
And i guess i dont even have to start talking about hunts. (500+ hunts no +5... thanks cryptic).

This (imo) causes players to hate this game and in extreme cases leave it, so there should be something done about this.

The easiest Solution i can imagine is to Implement "diminishing RNG" (i think im not the 1st one asking for that).
This means that after every time u dont drop something the probability to drop it increases slightly.

For Example in Hearthstone when opening card packs. The probability to get a legendary card increases after every pack, with the result that u are guranteed to get a legendary card on the 40th pack u open.

I believe that a system like that, even if the increase is small as HAMSTER, would make the players (atleast it will make me :D) alot less frustrated.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Hey there,

this might sound a bit like a rant so i apologize for that beforhand.

So... after doing 6 omu maps a week on 5 chars (so 120 maps in total) im still sitting here without a single +4 Ring. Thats... pretty frustrating to say the least.

There are also lots of ppl complaining about not getting a single UE in like 50+ tong/cradle runs.
    And i guess i dont even have to start talking about hunts. (500+ hunts no +5... thanks cryptic).

This (imo) causes players to hate this game and in extreme cases leave it, so there should be something done about this.

The easiest Solution i can imagine is to Implement "diminishing RNG" (i think im not the 1st one asking for that).
    This means that after every time u dont drop something the probability to drop it increases slightly.

For Example in Hearthstone when opening card packs. The probability to get a legendary card increases after every pack, with the result that u are guranteed to get a legendary card on the 40th pack u open.

I believe that a system like that, even if the increase is small as HAMSTER, would make the players (atleast it will make me :D) alot less frustrated.

Thanks for reading.

+1 gazillions times

This Rng is detestful and I know players that simple tired of it and left the game in pure frustration.

250+tong runs 4 UE (2 during dubble enchant week) 1000nd of lockboxes 1 Leg mount ever 1000nd of Tiamat/skirmish/orcus not getting the + 5 rings you want --- the list is long and it is getting longer by every singel expansion ...

• sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    but you won't have that feeling of achievement after doing it for a thousand times /s
  • b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    The abysmal low drop rate drives players insane. Repeating the same tasks/processes over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I gave up last week on hunts. No sane person would enjoy this system.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    120 chests with NO +4 or +5 ring. Including the 24 patrols I had to do twice, bc they did reset the quest for no reason, I did 144 patrols for zero rings. To say, that I am a little bit disgruntled would put it mildly.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    asterotg said:

120 chests with NO +4 or +5 ring. Including the 24 patrols I had to do twice, bc they did reset the quest for no reason, I did 144 patrols for zero rings. To say, that I am a little bit disgruntled would put it mildly.

Zero rings, or zero of what you want?

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    asterotg said:

yep thats exactly how im feeling atm
    litaaers said:

asterotg said:

A few +1 - +3, but no ring with two slots. Someone claimed, that a +4 would have a 2,5% drop chance. Statistics would suggest, that I would have at last two of them by now.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    asterotg said:

litaaers said:

asterotg said:

A few +1 - +3, but no ring with two slots. Someone claimed, that a +4 would have a 2,5% drop chance. Statistics would suggest, that I would have at last two of them by now.
    That you 'could' have at least two of them. The odds are there, but the chance to not get them still exists.

• b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Think of this in a different way. If you get the ring your after what would be the point of doing it again? The rings are low drop rates to get players to keep trying. Sooner or later it will drop. When it does your most likely not do them any more. Same thing for hunts. As far as tong and UES go those your always want if not for upgrading then for selling. This game makes sure that all legendary stuff has a really low drop rate for that reason. To get players to keep trying.
    I do the quest do the maps and if a ring drops fine salvage if its the legendary ring then thats a bonus.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Most of us have jobs and a life outside of NW, thus we cannot spend 24/7 ingame farming/grinding hoping for something that will never happen. I would vote for something to be done to the entire RNG system.
    litaaers said:

asterotg said:

litaaers said:

asterotg said:

That you 'could' have at least two of them. The odds are there, but the chance to not get them still exists.

Yes, I know. Thing is, their RNG sucks. It is not random and their way of creating these 'random' numbers is flawed. The same guy, who had 5 or 6 legendary rings in Chult after a few weeks did get the legendary ring in the first week in Omu, playing with two characters. I know, that there is a statistic probability, that this might happen, too. TBH, my money would be on bad programming.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Think of this in a different way. If you get the ring your after what would be the point of doing it again? The rings are low drop rates to get players to keep trying. Sooner or later it will drop. When it does your most likely not do them any more. Same thing for hunts. As far as tong and UES go those your always want if not for upgrading then for selling. This game makes sure that all legendary stuff has a really low drop rate for that reason. To get players to keep trying.
    I do the quest do the maps and if a ring drops fine salvage if its the legendary ring then thats a bonus.

Mate im not suggesting to change the % of the dropchance. Id just like a sytem that would try to even out the extremes. The Droprate of the +4 rings in Omu for example seems fine overall. Its just that there are ppl who have really bad luck and there something like what i proposed would help. Wouldnt hurt that much if at your 100th map u would have a guranteed +4 right?
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    litaaers said:

asterotg said:

litaaers said:

asterotg said:

Well despite the fact I agree with you on many points litaaers I do think they could increase the drop chances of a +4 ring at least a 'little bit' but I can understand why +5 aren't going to be easy to get. Now having said that I do know some people who have 2x +5 Hunter's rings and possibly 1 maybe 2 of other kinds but it's also a combination of extreme luck & a lot of treasures having been opened over the last 6-7 months in Chult.

Still the good news for the person above is at least with Omu now out there's also patrol's there and the weekly serpent quest which can 'as of today' now also drop a +5 ring. Previously it was only dropping one ring from +1 thru +5 and what ever you got was all you'd ever get even if it only had a single enchantment slot which nobody will use for end game.

Still we don't want +5 rings dropping like candy or everybody would have them on all their character's and the meaning would be lost. It's like a Legendary mount - it's only legendary because they are so extremely rare to get.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

but you won't have that feeling of achievement after doing it for a thousand times /s

The sense of accomplishment comes from actually getting what you want. I've dropped one +5. Ever. Presence Vision. I slotted it, cuz, y'know... 2 enchantments. But c'mon. now that my relic gears are full, once I get Dod & Krig, that puppy is gonna hit the salvage merch :/
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    asterotg said:

litaaers said:

asterotg said:

Outlier! Run before it rubs off!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Outlier! Run before it rubs off!

Outlier is the norm with this RNG
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i get 2 +4 rings on my first day on Chult with someone leading the hunt. that i cant complain, it was a lucky and unexpected. over a month now since first run in Chult, i get a dry spell and only getting some T-rex fangs and i couldnt get any other trophies from the hunts to make the baits.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @reeper#9973 said:
    > Most of us have jobs and a life outside of NW, thus we cannot spend 24/7 ingame farming/grinding hoping for something that will never happen. I would vote for something to be done to the entire RNG system.

If you are only playing a few hours a week and never spend a dime on the game you aren't going to have all the best items and you shouldn't. If people just got the best items every few runs or every few chests people would complain they have nothing to do or look foward to.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    2x +4 rings out of 3 treasurechests yesterday, my third +4 in a hole, looks like I stole someone chances.
    And I got about 10 +5´s (maybe more) since ever in this game.
    What I did not get in a very long time are those coalescent wards since change, nada from invocing.
    And I never got anything like a legendary mount out of ... maybe 3000 boxes, can´t say when and how to open those boxes.
    Imo lockboxes are a pain in a game in general.
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    while we're mentioning lockboxes .. they just got a whole lot worse .. getting an adventurers pack is a total slap in the face (almost as bad as the mount pack where you get two useless mount insignia worth 200AD each).
    Yay! i really needed another 25 identify scrolls and some healing potions.. WTF!

the whole thing with keys was already weighted heavily in favour of the rng but now most of the time you dont get anything remotely useful, not even a bit of salvage to cover the cost.
    Post edited by intothegroove on
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    this is about RNG issue, there nothing new or original. there is other topic about lockbox. i am not happy either but dont mind those rings, we all need them for salvages, it just all good.

we get scrolls from daily VIP and they hadnt explain why they add those extra items no one use that much.
    just dont burn those keys on trash boxes, save up for Glorious box events.

i remember over a year ago when they said they would look over choices of lockboxes, invoke boxes, and leadership boxes to be improved before i went inactive for few months last year. did they forget?

dont like it? then dont open them.
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    the only keys i use are the ones i get daily from vip, but even this is now starting to look less appealing.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

the only keys i use are the ones i get daily from vip, but even this is now starting to look less appealing.

... yes. And from a business perspective less VIPers = Less income for the company