test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterworks V something should be looked into

lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
@asterdahl
@nitocris83

After a while working on masterworks, it seems there was a good job overall. Yet there are some tasks that should be reworked because of the wide difference with other professions. Some of them, when you fail, return even the "wrong" resources.

I suppose this is consequence of a prediction of materials cost for each task that went totally different.

I won't argue the difference in costs of various professions but most of them in case of failure return 1 refined resource at both first and second step. Exeption is second step of mail/platesmithing that have a return of only 2 refined resources and 2 rough resources in case of failure but still acceptable I think.

Then there is leatherworking, developed totally different with a return of 2 refined resources and about the 20% of the rough resources in case of failure. Not so bad considered they are pretty common, but yet this should be adjusted.

Tailoring is "weird", three tasks instead of two, one of them is like most of the others with 15:3 ratio (1 in case of failure). The other two instead should be corrected, they require the same amount of rough resources of other professions but return no refined ones in case of failure. First step should return 1. Second step should return 3, 1 in case of failure.

And at last jewerly. This looks like was developed by someone else. Really jewerly is bad, very bad, almost nonsense.

We have three tasks:

Step 1, beads:
require 12 batiri prisms, 4 shiny glass (I don't remember the english name of these, the ones you make with golden wire) and 1 iron. The cost of this is pretty high due to the long process for glass (considering also the consequential potential failures). It returns 4 beads, still good. But if you fail the frustration starts, you got 4 batiri prisms. Almost insulting. It should return 1 refined resource like other professions.

Step 2, ornamental fang
require 4 beads 3 macramès (is it correct in english?) 12 allosaur fangs (TWELVE allosaur fangs) and return 1 refined resource. Only 1. Seriously, why only 1? It should be 3, but why not even 2, 1, WHY?!!? This is the hardest task in the game due to the rarity of allosaurs (and the even lower drop rate of fangs), the cost of macramè and, related to step 1, the cost of beads. And if you fail it is even worse then step 1, you got 2 beads and lose all fangs. If you looke prices in AH you can clearly see there's something wrong, as stated by someone else in another post.

This MUST BE CORRECTED. 3 refined resources in case of success, 1 in case of failure.

Step 3, ornamental feather
Similar to step 2, 4 beads 3 macramès, 12 feather returns 1 refined resource in case of success and 2 beads in case of failure. As above this must be corrected: 3 refined resources in case of success, 1 in case of failure.

Comments

• hugienwnhugienwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Those are welcome changes indeed! The t2 results for all those tasks were pretty brutal failure scenarios. Thanks!

If only we'd had these this week... failed a fanged beaded necklace attempt yesterday, would have hurt a lot less! :(
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Thanks a lot @asterdahl! I think I can speak for everybody when I say these changes are very gladly welcome! Thanks for the hard work you do!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Big improvements indeed - thank you. This will go a long way towards fixing the current issue.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Thank you too. Had the fanged ornaments failing for a guildie headpiece (TR - needs 2 fanged ornaments). It was pretty brutal since he actually spend several days farming the fangs.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    @asterdahl a few things I noticed:

Buying titansteel ingots in the bloomery, cost bears no relation to how everything else works (more GMs, less ingredients)
    Leatherworking MC5, the orange requested item from the quest doesn't match the name of what you make
    Why can the top level vitriols not be bought from the atelier, when the equivalent items for every other prof can ?
    The MC5 orange item for tailoring requires an insane amount of stuff compared to the others I've done so far
    Not helped by a flat out bug with chultan silk thread where on one occasion it returned 2 when it should either return 4 or 4 of the ingredients, 2 is not possible (also raised as a bug and reported in the bug forum)
    Why can polished dragon turtle scales not be bought at one of the temp buildings ?

• sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    can we make sure this fix drops on console on day 1?
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User

can we make sure this fix drops on console on day 1?

I second this motion....or do we also have to suffer until a fix is months later? How about anyone who ends up wasting millions of AD buying something with an inflated price tag if console does not get the fix from day 1
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Can we get an Idea of when those adjustments to mastercrafting will be made on the PC? I just blew the combination to make the Fanged Ornament twice, then made it successfully, only to blow the final combination for the FEATHERED ILHUILLI.

I can't express the dismay I had when, of course, you don't get back anything remotely helpful on that failed task. Even masterclass tailoring for the samite stuff gave you back a samite. What about when we fail you get back at least one of the ridiculously difficult and expensive fanged ornaments you crafted. I also am dismayed by the fact that my failures seem most likely to occur on the final combination. I know it is a 75% chance of success, even with a fully refined forgehammer...but the weirdness of those fanged ornaments is that the game seems to sense when I am ready for the final combination and then it fails. It's brutal to fail that 3 times in a row no matter when you come back to it or how much you make other items in order to catch the success.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Hey @asterdahl? Why can't we use items that have been used for the MW quests? I have a retired Rubellite amulet (at legendary) that I want to use for the Jewelcrafting MW4 quest, but can't. You probably don't want gear that's being used to disappear but these things are expensive and we should have an option for using those for quests (maybe allow them to be used if they aren't used in any loadout).
    FrozenFire
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    @Asterdahl ... console (Xbox here) did not get the changes to the allosaur fang recipes. Ours is still calling for 12 instead of 6, and I’m assuming the drop rate has not been improved.