test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unplaced Components Error on a Deleted Map.

simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
Hey, so I recently deleted a map from my quest (rebuilt a new version), and after I did... I got the following errors and can no longer publish:

It seems like The Foundry thinks the deleted map still needs a spawn point etc... except, the map doesn't exist anymore, so I can't add them, nor can I delete a map that I've already deleted.

"Unnamed Map" and the original name of the map don't appear anywhere else in the editor, just in the publish check-list. Otherwise everything seems normal, just can't publish.

What should I do?

"Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
"The Legacy of Shaylia,"
NW-DITFP6QSI

Comments

• Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    have you tried duplicating you map and seeing if the new version works?
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I've tried creating a few new maps and deleting it right after, thinking it might force the database to refresh and realize there is no error other than the error message itself (since the errors are asking me to place components in a map that simply doesn't exist - it isn't possible for me to accomplish the tasks The Foundry has given me, nor do these tasks actually need to be done - they're directly related to unrelated, deleted content), but that didn't change anything :(

Thankfully, all of my remaining maps work just fine. This seems like a bug that exists somewhere I can't get to, but that keeps me from publishing.

Like I said, it's referencing a map that just simply doesn't exist anymore... but I can't publish with any items on that task-list at all, so even though it's a bug I can't seem to do anything about, it means no one can play this until I figure some way to trick it into realizing the deleted map no-longer exists, and it doesn't have to worry about it's state-transitions or respawn points... because they're only missing because they were deleted along with the map... which no longer exists... so it shouldn't be an issue...

I really hope I can publish this quest again soon. But there isn't any way to tell The Foundry that it's confused, you know? It's factually wrong, cut and dry, and I can explain that to you, but I can't explain it to The Foundry because it's just software haha...

But, it's giving me impossible, pointless tasks in an otherwise fully functioning quest... meaning it's glitch in "thinking" there is a problem, is the only problem, and the only reason I can't publish lol.

I should also point out that the Story and replacement Map are all updated properly - it would, if published, play all the way through. Map 3 links to the new Map 4, not the old one. Every trace the deleted map is gone except for these errors, hence why it even refers to it as an "unnamed map" :confused:

Do you think duplicating the entire quest would fix it? Might mess up all the position/rotation of my details, but might become my only option - unless a dev can just "delete" the erroneous error messages or something like that :/

Or is that what you meant by duplicating the map? I guess I haven't duplicated a map or the quest, just made new maps in the glitched quest... I guess I'll give duplicating the whole thing a try and see what happens. Thank you :)

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    All this said though, I guess we need to be careful about deleting maps, just like we have to be careful with adding too much detail to them. Ever a balancing act :tongue:

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Yea, but knowing cryptic and their neglect on the foundry. Your quest won't be publishable for months maybe even years!
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the folders in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\Data\ns" relate to?

They have the prefix "Dungeon_Ugc," so it seems like they're related to UGC/Foundry - but are they my foundry quests, or just the cache for other foundry quests I've played?

If you go further in, each one has a series of folders that appear to contain each map within a quest.

Then, if you dig into one of those you get some resource files.

I want to see if it's possible to make a copy-quest and manually delete (or just don't copy in the first place) the "Unnamed Map." It might subvert the false error and let me publish again...

However... I haven't found a reliable way to determined which quest each folder relates to, more less which map folder relates to which actual map within a quest folder lol. So does anyone here know what these folders are for, and if they could potentially hold a solution to get my quest publishable again?

I mean, this could totally be local cache and our maps might be stored totally server-side, and I'm just grasping at straws :tongue: . It's probably that, actually, but - I gotta ask, right?

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI