test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantment: Bronzewood and Frost

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
I was planning to pick up a Bronzewood or Frost enchantment for my CW and DC. The first thing I noticed is at the lower ranks both of these enchantment share the same mechanic as the Fey enchantment where the buff/debuff has a 20 second cool down with a 10 second up time. This means that for 10 seconds there is no buff and debuff. However, at Trans Fey loose this mechanic and the other two enchantments keep it. Because Bronze and Frost has a 10 second downtime I decided to keep on using my Trans Terror.

I would like to see the removal of the cool down for Bronzewood and Frost at Trans ranking since the Fey loses the cool down at Trans.

This would make Frost and Bronzewood better enchantments for buffers and debuffers.

Comments

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I would love that change to Bronzewood. It would make it a nice alternative to the Feytouched enchantment. Running around with a *pink* weapon really kills the role playing aspect of the game.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

I would love that change to Bronzewood. It would make it a nice alternative to the Feytouched enchantment. Running around with a *pink* weapon really kills the role playing aspect of the game.

Have you ever played pen-and-paper D&D? Unless your DM was a real soft touch, all the best weapons had a fatal flaw. Pink, smelled like fish. Had a disco ball/strobe effect blinding everyone. Sang. Polka. Naughty polka. My cleric "donated" that one to a cathouse after a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

rubytrue said:

Have you ever played pen-and-paper D&D? Unless your DM was a real soft touch, all the best weapons had a fatal flaw. Pink, smelled like fish. Had a disco ball/strobe effect blinding everyone. Sang. Polka. Naughty polka. My cleric "donated" that one to a cathouse after a couple of weeks.
    Inconsistency isn't a good flaw. It's too hard to control.
  • Options
    etelgrin said:

They all should have unified/standardized cooldown, I would reccomend lowering or even taking out cooldowns at all from these enchantments, especially at Unparalleled level, people didn't want another 1%-2% debuff value, they wanted shorter cooldowns/higher uptime.

Last year the dev fixed the weapon enchantment so they would be more useful. However, the changes resulted in some being a bit stronger than they wanted. The recent changes will hamper a few enchantments for many of the classes. I honestly think that the constant tweaking will not stop until the devs get the vorpal and dread to be the top enchantments as mentioned last year.

Until they figure out the enchantments, I just wish enchantments with a cooldown would have similar setup from lesser rank all the way up to the max rank.

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Merge them into a Feywood Enchantment for pink butterflies and maximum innuendo.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

rubytrue said:

I'm happy that i never played under the same gamemaster as you, i have to admit that i gave a cursed ring that made one of the players cut out his own hand but was only because she as reaaaaly annoying, anyway "My players" usualy had a good look and no weird weapons at all... a lot of chances to die but o pink weapons or weird stuff...
  • Options
    rafaelda said:

rubytrue said:

I'm happy that i never played under the same gamemaster as you, i have to admit that i gave a cursed ring that made one of the players cut out his own hand but was only because she as reaaaaly annoying, anyway "My players" usualy had a good look and no weird weapons at all... a lot of chances to die but o pink weapons or weird stuff...
    PnP D&D was the bomb. You could do anything you wanted as a DM. There were some days my group simply needed to die but I withheld myself as a DM. Instead they ended up being curse and removing the curse became the quest for that weekend.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Inconsistency isn't a good flaw. It's too hard to control.

Dice are like that... which is a hallmark of PnP D&D. "I can only miss on a... *rolls*.... 1. HAMSTER." Stuff is out of the players hands, and left to randomness a lot of the time. Heck, even a lot of the 3rd Ed. weapons only triggered on a crit - which led to players working to maximize critical hit ranges. ("12! I crit!" :-p) But it was still up to the dice.