test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AoE Targeting Assist doesn't work

artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
I guess most developpers are aware of this bug but I hope reminding everyone of it and giving some additional feedback will help finally getting a fix for it.

The option "AoE Targeting Assist" states that, when enabled, your powers should start at your target's feet, but that's not what's happening in practice.

Here are a few screenshots of what's happening when using the devoted cleric power "Daunting Light". I chose this skill because it is a ground-targeted power with a very small area of effect. You can also see that it isn't a problem with dummies since the same happens with "real" targets.

There is a way of having your powers activate instantly right on your target which, at least, works on dummies by setting the option "activate on second press" and using the following command in place of your regular keybind :

/hardtargetlock 1 $$ +powertrayexec 2 $$ +powertrayexec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0

This solution, however, has an important defect which is that if any friendly target (player, companion or friendly NPC) is standing between you and the hostile target, the power will end up being centered on the friendly target as you can see above with the golem companion.

I've been looking for a command who could let you set focus on the hostile target closest to the reticule but couldn't find one. "/target $target" doesn't care if it's hostile or not.

If reworking "AoE Targeting Assist" would take too much effort, could you please at least give us a console command or argument for setting the focus on the nearest hostile target under the reticule?

After all this function already exists since using a regular keybind for powers which require an hostile target disregards friendly ones and looks for a legal target behind them.