test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUG] Duelist's Flurry stuck in fear

Whenever a character (TR) is struck by fear from a Yuan-Ti, while in flurry mode (3rd to 7th hit of Duelist's Flurry), that character becomes stuck in fear. It is performing weird movements, like extrem rubberbanding, I don't even know how to describe it. When pressing forward, the character moves sidewards, keeps getting pulled back, feels like running against an invisible wall. Dodging still works, but no walking / running movement.

How to reproduce (long)
- Log on a TR
- Go to a Yuan-Ti area
- Use Duelist's Flurry while Fear spell is cast on you (stay in red area / stare into the eye)

Reproduction (short)
Try to kill all Yuan-Ti in Soshenstar or Omu, using Duelist's Flurry only - it's bound to happen over time.

Relogging does resolve the issue (as does changing maps), but is no solution to the problem, especially in instances like House of Crocodile, Fane of the Night Serpent, ToNG and many of the merchant princes(ses)' patrol quests.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report! Are you able to capture a video of this?
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    It happened to my TR too, in HOC at the final boss (Elder) and even dodging wouldn't work, also no skills could be used at all. Also my HR gets glued to the ground after "Fear" alot, although does not get disabled with it. Only relogging fixes the problem.
  • it happened and glitched me in the final boss for the story quest Fane of Night serpent. It was inside the bubble, i had no sparkles to open the cages and I was walking sideways all over the place :{ I just logged out and have not been back to try it again.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    This has been reported for TR and GWF since last summer.

My TR had to relog twice in Fane the other night. Fortunately I wasn't alone in there, having had enough of that experience in the first two characters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I have also been subject to this bug several times. I thought it might be linked to daily power use instead of duelist's flurry though. This is because the bug went away when I popped my daily again. This could have just been coincidental timing though. Dieing also seems to end the bug.

At any rate, this bug is pretty crippling when it does happen. It makes it so I have to dodge in order to move. This makes me unable to keep up with my teammates in places like TONG until the bug ends.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I think it can happen anywhere. The recent one was in a patrol quest for my TR. to solve it, I needed to 'switch character' and came back.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Can use the /stuck command to get out of it but have to wait 10 secs for unstuck to proc. (Why do we have to wait 10 seconds??)
  • sjza80sjza80 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This has been happening to me since mod 12b launched. TR in Xbox. Once combat is over you can use the "I'm stuck" function to release as mentioned, but if you are in combat this isn't an option and dodge rolling from one enemy to another is the only option.

It's happened to me in patrols, HoC and on the regular map. Extremely annoying.
  • ellerymikalellerymikal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Had this happen twice in MPF in separate runs. At least now I know why it happens and can potentially avoid it, but dang that's annoying. As if yuan-ti weren't enough of a pain to fight.
  • kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Thanks a lot for the video proof! I only looked through the forums for Duelist's Flurry, so I hadn't found the previous bug report.

Good to know you can potentially escape it with /unstuck, though I did switch to Sly Flourish for the time being.

What HR and GWF powers are affected by this?