test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions are getting unsummoned, lost or suicidal.

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
So like the topic says,

I was standing in TONG with my buddies at last boss portal, when my Ambush Drake decided to end his life. Maybe it was too much for him, all this problems in Chult, Ras Nsi, maybe it totally ruined my poor Croco.. he just jumped off the ledge, died and gots unsummoned.

The other times, he endures the existentional pain and goes with us through yet another Ras Nsi rumble, and when the fight is done... my poor pet always dies or gets other wise unsummoned.

There are also numerous times when I'm riding 140% mount, to somewhere, and my pet gets lost and is nowhere to be found until I unsummon and summon him, it also happens randomly when walking through TONG, he gets lost, stuck in the door or I don't even know where, he just stops to follow me.

I have seen it happening since mod 13 arrived but not before, perhaps, the issue arrived with one of the recent patches.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    The bug is that your companion will randomly disappear, despite registering as alive in the companion screen (because it says "unsummon", which means that it's currently summoned).

This can occur both in combat and not in combat. I have a suspicion it is related to loadouts, though I have no proof of what is is related to.

Most people who have experienced this bug all have experienced this in Tomb of the 9 Gods. Sometimes, your companions will disappear when running down stairs, other times, they will disappear before entering a boss arena. Sometimes, they will disappear mid combat, despite the boss arena having no places where the companions can die forever (see: Avatar of Orcus).

Please fix this as soon as possible, as is extremely annoying to be doing well in a run only for your companion to disappear and kill your stats.

• spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    /confirmed
    Espacially in Tomb....its anoying as hell!
  • irishchick3309irishchick3309 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    VERY ANNOYING its happening very frequently!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Last night, my pet fell off the platform at Ras Nsi and I forgot to resummon after the fight. Switching loadouts then altered the previous one to unsummon my pet when switched back to. It also seemed to create a doppelganger of her. Changing loadouts now dismisses and resummons pets, even if they are the same in each loadout.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    This issue has already been reported and is being looked into.
  • xhoboshxhobosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I had this problem right after Mod 13 launched. It turned out to be, at least for me, the Earthreader boots from Omu. As soon as I took them off my companion stopped disappearing.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I guess all our companions became metalheads...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9DUqjNMZ60

Jokes aside, their intelligence really is comparable to the one of a deck chair now. M12b worked fine, M12c (or M13 as the devs call it LUL) doesn't.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    have same problem it started after mod 13 launch too
  • penandpaper#5623 penandpaper Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Indeed a problem. Standing at the circle you group in before zone into last boss at Tong my tiger leaped over the edge and committed suicide.

Often lose my tiger in Cradle during the tentacle phase. Sometimes you dont drop out of combat to resummon until after you zone into final boss and you better be fast. I suggest binding your pet summon to a key you can hit quickly.

Good reference here
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232527/pc-reference-aliases-keybinds
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    It happens on PS4, if you stand to close to any edge companions like to take a belly flop into what death trap awaits them at the bottom.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Happens to me all over the place with my Con Artist. Unsummoned when switching zones. Sometimes he decides to take off to see the sights. The most annoying thing is when he runs off to start fights with nearby mobs then has the audacity to bring them back so that I can join him...UNBELIEVABLE! :# Most of the time I just leave him to die while I run off...the Jerk!
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    For me it's my Lillend on my CW that tends to just vanish. It's particularly bad for me on the STK maps (Bryn Shander, Lonelywood, Cold Run and Sea of Moving Ice) and in the River District. Seems she share my opinion on those two campaigns XD.

She also gets into fights with random mobs on the regular. Both my Sell Sword, Con Artist and Fire Archon are much better behaved. My Sell Sword vanished once, but other than that no trouble.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I haven't had a comp vanish, but man are they in bad moods constantly. Always running off and picking fights.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    +5 cause my whole team that runs Tong experiences this Constantly.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    It vanish a lot since mod 13 update. And I need to manually resummon them after the fight
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    https://imgur.com/a/fDnMn

heres a picture of it to add more to this, after defeating last boss on TONG, claiming rewards and then leave the dungeon companions get automaticaly dismissed please address this fast as possible, waste more time resummoning pets than play at all.