test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard Bugs in Mod 13, Plus Issue with Test Dummies

krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
This is not an extensive list by any means, but at least a point to start from. I believe some of these have been mentioned previously, but as I have seen no acknowledgement that they exist, I am posting them again based on my own testing.

1. Weapon enchantments on CW (tested with UFey) only processes on main target hit for Conduit of Ice (CoI) when CoOI is on tab, even though this is an area of effect (AoE) spell AoE with multiple target damage. Even with the severely nerfed enchantments for CWs, this should be processing on AT LEAST once on all targets hit. Since when do AoE powers only count on one target???? The patch notes clearly stated that weapon enchantments would process at least once per TARGET hit.

a. Go to any area with a mob. I chose the Strong Hold map.
b. Cast CoI on Tab (I turned off my companion for easy of seeing the processes in ACT)
c. Actual Effect: Weapon Enchantment processes only on main target hit by CoI.
d. Expected Effect: Weapon Enchantment would process on All Targets hit by CoI.

2. Weapon enchantment on CW (tested with UFey) does not process at all on Steal Time (ST).

b. Cast ST near a mob. (I turned off my companion for easy of seeing the processes in ACT)
c. Actual Effect: Weapon Enchantment does not process on any targets hit by ST.
d. Expected Effect: Weapon Enchantment would process once on All Targets hit by ST.

3. Weapon enchantment on CW (tested with UFey) does not process on third hit of chilling cloud.

b. Cast chilling cloud three times at a mob. (I turned off my companion for easy of seeing the processes in ACT)
c. Actual Effect: Weapon Enchantment does not process on any targets hit by third strike of chilling cloud.
d. Expected Effect: Weapon Enchantment would process once on All Targets hit by third strike of chilling cloud.

Even with the severely nerfed enchantments for CWs, this should be processing on AT LEAST once on all targets hit. Since when do AoE powers only count on one target???? Previous patch notes clearly stated that weapon enchantments would process at least once per TARGET hit.

4. Discrepancy between Test Dummy testing and testing on Mobs. I've testes on both dummies on the SH map and mobs on the SH map and get different results.

a. Go to test dummies in SH map.
b. Cast Icy Terrain (IT) between a set of dummies.
c. Actual Effect: IT only processes on one test dummy.
d. Expected Effect: IT would process on all test dummies within range of IT area of effect.
e. Go to any mob on SH map.
f. Cast Icy Terrain (IT) in center of mob.
g. Actual Effect: IT processes on all targets in area of effect of IT.
h. Expected Effect: IT processes on all targets in area of effect of IT.
i. Issue: The tests on the test dummies and the SH mobs should produce the same results, but do not.

I haven't been able to spend an extensive amount if time testing for other bugs (yet) but this is a good start. I would highly recommend a more through bug testing process by PW in the future before pushing any mods to the live server. It is clearly that the changes have not only severely reduced the DPS of CWs, but are not working as intended (based upon patch notes and the stated effects of enchantments).

Thank you,

Talia (16.9k CW)
Taragon (14.7k DC)
Tabbatha (16.1k OP)

Comments

• Options
    coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    CC (Using Steal Time) not working for sure on Gorrilla's. Get a split second pause but they continue attacking. Not sure if it effects other mobs or in other areas.
  • Options
    krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Still no acknowledgement of any of the CW bug issues. Let's start with at least omitting there are issues and it's being looked in to. It takes no effort to do. Thank you.