test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how to get earthen sword???

duckgutsduckguts Member Posts: 8 Arc User
i finally got 100 earth motes. now what? went to archdruid morningdawn at the tree in PE. there is no mention of the sword. what im i missing??

Answers

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Skip it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    @duckguts Here is the "Official Neverwinter Wiki" link for information on Weapons of Earth... this should help.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Weapons_of_Earth
  • Options
    duckgutsduckguts Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    thanks for replying. i got the sword, dumb #@! me did not read " use seed".
  • Options
    NP I figure similar things happen to most of us :*, I'm just glad you were able to get the issue resolved.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Skip it....

Dude... that's an impressive grind! don't ruin it for him!
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    The fact this beginner bait is still in the game would be ok if it was 5 motes instead of 100. Maybe some dev could take a look at it and make it more reasonable?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Some people are about items for their appearance value (most can be transmuted if desired), some players are "collectors" and just want to have their collections complete. Since I didn't know why the person who posted asked for the answer I figure the best response was to first answer the question then add the personal opinion if I cared to as to whether or not I think it is worth doing so.

What @wintersmoke said; that is still an "impressive grind", and since the player already stated they've completed the requirements, just telling them to forget it at that point seems a little pointless, but also letting them know they appear to have better options out there is laudable. We can do both.

The Chult gear sets are for players with character level 70+ players...

There are a lot of gear sets out there that are probably considered "beginner bate" sets by many, but collecting these items still gives a player accomplishment recognition for the people like myself who like to fulfill those requirements and for some players even though they are of lower value than items some of us may already have, it is still better than they gear they presently have as pre 70 characters.

However I do agree with @meirami that the 100 mote requirements for those Elemental gear sets seems excessive in my opinion so despite wanting to complete the set, I abandoned those quests because the recognition was not worth the effort in my opinion since better scored gear sets could be obtained with much less effort especially once a character reaches level 70. Maybe later if I get really bored with other things I might go back an grind for those 100 motes just to complete the set - but in four years that hasn't happened yet, so I kind of doubt it.

• Options
    I've nothing against anyone who wants to go for these sets, but if it's just for collecting, these sets are probably easier to pick up from the Auction House or craft by oneself.
  • Options
    It is easier to just buy something than to work to earn it, but sometimes "easier" isn't always the point for everybody.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Well, I play this game for casual fun and prefer collecting materials and crafting to heroic encounters (a cleric, you see, not that big into heroics and did that quest twice when it came out).

Besides, even if something is bought from the AH, why would that make it less "earned"? Those items and AD's came from somewhere in the game and it can be just as satisfying saving up AD for a purchase. Different people, different budgets.

Anyway, if gathering 100 motes is fun to somebody else, I don't judge. Go for it. What I wanted was just to leave it in this thread that there are multiple ways to get this set, in case someone sees the conversation and gets interested in acquiring it.
    Post edited by meirami on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Giving advice from one's personal perspective is always welcome as far as I'm concerned and what we should have more of in the game, as for the earned -vs- bought thing, different strokes and all that. Just speaking for myself I am more inclined to feel I earned something if I don't have to purchase it from another player who did the actual work to obtain it.
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    the craft ones look different from the ones you farm with motes, not sure if intentional though.
    im actually the gwf carry