test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OMG why can't my MoF stack plaguefire anymore

diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
Please don't do this, conduit(tab), steal/icy/roe i should be able to keep plaguefire up in an aoe yes

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    On my MoF CW, I see only one stack of plague fire.
    Is this a bug?
  • Options
    CW can't stack plaguefire anymore, only GWF/HR/GF or whatever, classes that can spam aoe at-wills and/or encounters to stack it, personally if i spend 10 seconds full aoe i should be able to build and keep up the stacks equal if not more than someone just sitting there spamming the same at-will over and over
  • Options
    As of now, one stack of plague fire per encounter and per at-will?
    Is that correct?
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    So, in other words, you can't stack Plague Fire x 3 by any margin nor with whichever power ...err... spamming is at your disposal?

So, in other words, you can't use

1 x Plague Fire = 1 x Steal time
    +
    1 x Plague Fire = 1 x Icy Terrain
    +
    1 x Plague Fire = 1 x Scorching Burst
    = 3 x Plague Fire?

If that is the case, then it is not working as intended.
    If that is not the case, then it is working as intended.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    Ok so then what, then the stacks drop off, atm i got like 6.5s cooldown on icy and higher on steal, thats at least a 50% reduction in uptime, because they drop off and you cant keep them up obv, because the mentioned encounter only proc the buff once i cannot keep it stacked while other can, every day of this game up until patch day and CW could stack plaguefire, now they cant, imo thats bad
  • Options
    Scorching Burst can be quickly spammed.
    Spell Twisting helps a lot to reduce cooldowns.
  • Options
    im a mof, i use the comustive action feat in opp and renegade for buffs, i cant get spell twisting, and no scorching burst cannot be quickly spammed, well to quickly get spell twisting it can be spammed single target, but not for any sort of aoe, well once t proc smolder for sure, but not for spamming
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Each Encounter, except Steal Time, should apply the Plaguefire separately once. This I remember with my MoF CW back in MOD4.

Each DoT was non-crit, but with the At-Will a mass of mobs would be affected greatly which would open up possibilities for further crit increases and debuff values. A bunch of at-will casts would keep the plaguefire at a very reasonable degree.

There are classes which can apply it faster or slower, yes. By design, DCs can apply buffs and debuffs from encounters fastest.

If you have someone who can cast Plaguefire better, you allow them to do it properly, and you switch to other things. And this is logical for a DC to do.

That being said, Steal Time should be the only Encounter power that applies all buffs and debuffs due to the channeling, and Oppressive Force should be the only Daily that allows similar approach. All other Encounters that possess DoTs should not, but that's not to say that they won't in the future.

DoT procing is a serious menace in the Neverwinter and due to this CWs paid dearly in the past with serious nerfs.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    If Plague Fire cannot stack anymore than Flaming will fall into the same boat.

It appears the devs have forced our hand into using specific weapon enchantments. This is not how it should be as it really limits our choices and there is now less freedom on how we build our character.

Devs, please look into this as this is not helping the Debuff/Buff build CW.
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    They killed multiproc in the game. That would be why!
    That applies to pf stacking as well.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!